[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have they both had such a successful career? The only failures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Trey_Parker_Matt_Stone_2007.jpg (143 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
Trey_Parker_Matt_Stone_2007.jpg
143 KB, 1024x681
How have they both had such a successful career? The only failures they've had are Baseketball and Orgazmo and that was right at the beginning.
>>
They've had 20 seasons of South Park with full creative control. That's a pretty good marker for success, and book of mormon was one of the most popular musicals ever

They're doing well
>>
Time Warped should be considered a failure instead of BASEketball, since the latter they were just actors in it.
>>
>>63582447
So which is the competent one and which is the guy mooching off his friend's creativity
>>
Don't forget about their short-lived webcomic series "Princess".

Or do, since everyone else has.
>>
>>63582447

Because Trey Parker is one of most talented people working today
>>
>>63582447

I think they're really driven, prolific. The stuff he said in the weed episode stuck with me, and seemed really autobiographical, about how it's not dangerous, but it does take away ambition.
>>
>>63582598
One's a Jew and one's a gentile.

Take a guess.
>>
File: matt_trey_team_am (1).jpg (53 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
matt_trey_team_am (1).jpg
53 KB, 620x413
>>63582598
Trey does most of the creative shit, Matt handles the finances and miscellaneous other things.
>>
>>63582529
Popular and critically acclaimed. It won a shit ton of Tonys
>>
>failure
>Baseketball
one of the funniest movies ever made you mean
>>
>>63582447
>How have they both had such a successful career?

they both have an insanely good work ethic and seem to divide the labor up very well with Matt handling the business side, and seem to have stayed friends. if you ignore Trey's personal life they are basically A+ alpha nerds, they were always going to make it.
>>
>>63582598

Wouldn't say Stone is mooching since he does a lot of the behind the scenes work.
>>
>>63582447
Didn't they do Baseketball purely for the cash? They obviously had a little input in script after coming aboard (don't know if they're officially credited) but positive they didn't write it from the ground up.

>>63582598
It's a partnership but Trey is undoubtedly the more creative of the two. Only an idiot would say otherwise.
>>
>Baseketball
>failure
Quit acting like such a little bitch
>>
>>63582447
I wouldn't call That's My Bush a success.
>>
>>63582752
Dude, you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>63582447
And Basketball is still a classic, and Orgazmo at least had a few hilarious and memeworthy lines.
>>
>>63582447
Both films were great. You're retarded
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.