[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this movie. Wow I did not expect feels from it. whe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: Flight 2012.jpg (46 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
Flight 2012.jpg
46 KB, 300x444
Just saw this movie. Wow I did not expect feels from it. when he confesses and you remember that the deceased flight attendant who would take the fall for the Vodka bottles despite saving that kids life was redeemed I damn near cried

What did you think of this movie /tv/

also this scene was really cool and engaging
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhxm5QEbYI
>>
>>63582422

>only man on the planet that could have saved the plane
>somehow a monster that needs to be locked away

good going jews.
>>
>>63582475
I was confused by that. Did he take the fall for the entire crash?

Because it was obviously the manufacturers or the airlines fault.
However he did deserve prison for flying a plane hwilst intoxicated. I just hope he didn't get blamed for the entire crash

also those sneaky fucks who alerted him to the other hotel room with the mini bar full of alcohol
>>
File: cat-eating-pizza.jpg (179 KB, 468x500) Image search: [Google]
cat-eating-pizza.jpg
179 KB, 468x500
>>63582422

who's the banana man?

banana boat's comin'

the banana boat is here.

https://youtu.be/_oeU-2UkSIY?t=120
>>
>>63582475
that's not the point though. The point is him coming to terms with his alcoholism. He finally stopped lying too everyone and most importantly too himself.
He says it himself in the prison scene. For the first time in his life he feels free
>>
>>63582573
what a fucking character that was brotier/10
>>
File: Max Payne.jpg (748 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Max Payne.jpg
748 KB, 1024x768
>I was drunk
>because I am an alcoholic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-VQfS4zAk
>>
>>63582422
Honestly loved this movie
>>
Great movie: strong performances, great script, nude Catalina

There was a lot to like about it.
>>
Was it the airline that set him up in the hotel?
>>
>>63583298
the manufacturer
>>
>>63582593
thats what i disliked.
the guy was egoistic as fuck, and didnt think for one moment about those guys who tried so hard to help him to get through trial
>>
>>63583458
Addicts rarely think about others until they confront their addiction.
>>
>>63582524
>>63583298
>>63583338
Wait what? The room next door with the full mini bar was setup? Never realized this. Where's the proof?
>>
>>63583516
>The room next door with the full mini bar was setup?

I never really thought about it either but hotels don't fill the mini bar up to the brim with booze like that unless a patron requests it.
>>
>>63583338
>>63583458
>>63583516

i hadn't even thought about this. holy fuck I'm stupid as shit.
>>
>>63583458
those guys were in it for themselves. Denzels character even says it in the film. His "friend" is just trying to save the pilot unions face despite one of their members flying a plane whilst intoxicated

The lawyer is there to ofcourse further his own career. He even got the toxicology report to not be admissible in court, he was hardly a good guy
>>
Flying while drunk is a crime, but if he wasn't drunk everyone on that plane would be dead

Pretty good movie regardless
>>
>>63583516
>>63583575
I figured since the window was open in the other room. the manufacturer sent someone in through there, opened the door between the rooms and made it slam to notify Denzels character. when he enters the room you see the curtain blowing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iOk2ME1LRY
>>
>>63583609
wait...are you saying that if he was sober he wouldn't have been able to land that plane?
>>
>>63583588
but still, they were in it together and had the same goals.
and then he suddenly betrays his partners because of 'muh self-righteusness'
>>
>>63583588
>in it for themselves

THose people were doing their jobs. I can see your argument with the union rep, I can't find a way to morally object to a lawyer advocating for his client.

I was irritated by the moralizing of this movie. Ruined what could have been a solid drama. Oh and that cheap shot at religiosu types was laughably heavy-handed.
>>
>>63583631
Thanks for the heads-up....maybe I'll try and track down the scene later. I was ridiculously drunk for like the 300th consecutive night when I watched this movie. Some strange feels.
>>
>>63583653
saw this in the theaters. I was literally shitting bricks m8.
>>
>>63583734
well again the movie is about him coming to terms with his alcoholism and being true to himself

>>63583750
yeah I agree, maybe I worded it poorly. the lawyer was actually just doing his job but the union rep was just trying to save face
>>
>>63583653
that soundtrack really fits with the scene. It was tense
>>
>>63583656
His maneuver was so out of left field that he probably only thought of it because he was high

They said they tried to recreate it in the simulator and no pilot could do it
>>
>>63583922
good point. I never thought of that. I believe he even said he didn't choose the manouver it came as "instinct" so you might have a point there
>>
>>63583850
and thats why i find it so hard to sympathize with him. he is a self absorbed cunt who puts his problems above all others
>>
>>63584287
I don't think you are supposed to. He flew a plane whilst drunk, is a substance abuser and a shitty father. Only sympathy I felt for him was at the end when he admits to being an alcoholic. Then he redeemed himself by not throwing the flight attendant under the bus
>>
>>63584363
but at the same time, he threw the union guy and his lawyer under the bus.
plus, the plane manufacturing company which caused the crash probably wont be held responsible.
>>
>>63583653

holy shit i never saw this movie that was intense
>>
>>63584594
eh, fuck the union. they let a drunk pilot fly.

the lawyer...yeah felt kinda bad for him but then again it's part of his job.
You win some you lose some

>the plane manufacturing company which caused the crash probably wont be held responsible
that was the part I was confused about. Did they get off the hook? the movie did a poor job of explaining that tbqh
>>
>Margaret, what's your son's name?

Based Denzel
>>
>>63584771
>Did they get off the hook?
wasnt that exactly what the union guy was worried about?
>>
i saw it on fx so maybe it was edited a lot

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

the whole god and redemption thing was extremely ham fisted. Also him confessing was so shoehorned it was retarded
>>
>>63585173
well he was more worried about that facts coming about about the pilot being drunk.

I thought the lawyer was able to prove that the crash was due to mechanical error so I fucking hope the manufacturer got hit with some kind of lawsuit

oh I just realized that must've happened. Whip only had 4-5 more years left in prison. If he woul've been blamed as the cause of the crash then he woul'de served life in prison. the lawyer said that earlier.

So it was basically about saving the face of the union in the end
>>
>that scene where he hears hes being charged and goes to order a drink
god tier acting desu
>>
File: bawww.jpg (143 KB, 972x768) Image search: [Google]
bawww.jpg
143 KB, 972x768
>>63582422
>the black box
>say I love you
>>
>>63583631
Interesting, I never thought about it like that but I'm not convinced. From what I remember, no one actually slammed that door closed. It was just creeking open and closed because the window was left open. Seemed like a housekeeping mistake to me.

Either way, fantastic movie. Much better than I anticipated going into it. John Goodman's character is one of my favorites.
>>
>>63583653
Only part I didn't like was when that little kid falls out of his seat while the plane was upside down. And the flight attendant some how just lifts him right up and buckles him in. That would be hard as shit, right?
>>
>>63585815
I might be wrong. just seemed convienient and the camera pointing towards the opened window made me suspect foul play. but who knows
>>
>>63582422
>>63583653
When have you ever heard a pilot or co-pilot screaming or freaking out as much as the copilot does in this movie? Nowhere. Pilots dont act like that
>>
>>63586197
Have you ever been in a dangerous flying situations? You never know how someone will react until shit hits the fan.
>>
So, wait, why did the manufacturers want the plane to crash again?
>>
>>63586565
anon...they wanted to lay the blame on the pilot for being intoxicated
>>
>>63586390
no, but I've heard enough black box recordings to know they always keep their cool until the very end, at least the American ones
>>
The only part of the film that really bugged me was that complete tonal shift in the hotel room. They decide to fill him full of coke while the Stones play like it's some fucking awesome ass shit he's doing.
>>
>>63586640
I think it was a good decision to have the copilot freaking out, but he wasn't very convincing at a lot of points. Every time he says "Oh no!" it's just ughhhh
>>
He did fly so good
>>
>>63586640

Actually they do freak out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9WgC4OijPA

WHOOP WHOOP PULL UP PULL UP
>>
>>63582422
I loved most of it, but I felt the love interest subplot was unnecessary and forced.

I kind of wanna rewatch it now...
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.