[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Mad Men and loved it but i want you to tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: jon-hamm-don-draper-mad-men.jpg (46 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
jon-hamm-don-draper-mad-men.jpg
46 KB, 670x377
Just finished Mad Men and loved it but i want you to tell me about the ending. What was it about?
>>
>>63581583

always Coca-cola
>>
File: sally draper dying.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sally draper dying.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>I'd like to give the world a bottle of heart racing, artery clogging brown sugary fizzy water
Thanks Mad Men!
>>
>>63581673
>It doesn't even have real sugar in it anymore

Thanks Mad Men!
>>
>>63581583
>tfw no french milf

why live
>>
I don't think it really ever ends. Yes, he came up with the Coca-Cola ad, his masterpiece, but what about his life? Does he quit drinking? Does he quit eating pussy all over town? Does he stop keeping secrets? Is he proud of what he's accomplished?
>>
>>63581770

Draper gonna Drape
>>
>>63581770
so he did make the coca ad in the end?
>>
>>63581770
>but what about his life? Does he quit drinking? Does he quit eating pussy all over town? Does he stop keeping secrets? Is he proud of what he's accomplished?

No. For a second, when he smiles while meditating, you feel like - oh, he finally found himself, but nope, he just found a way how to use 70's hippy movement for his own profit, nothing has changed. It's in the title of the show (which some retards took literally) - guy keeps falling and falling until he finally lands in the same place he jumped from.

Wiener said in the interview that it might not be as depressing tho - there's a chance that Don was actually honest with that commercial
>>
>>63582112
The point was that Don was able to channel his advertising skill into something that could bring people together. It was an honest message not just a tactic
>>
>>63582381
Naw he didn't give a fuck about that. It was about being the best at what he does, period. Even after all that bullshit he went through, all his little revelations, in the end what does he do with that information? Fix his life? Fix his family? Settle down? Nope, he creates an absolutely iconic ad campaign, because that's just who he is and what he does.

I think the whole point was that for some people, the only thing to do is just keep swimming.
>>
>>63583155
> Fix his family?

Yeah, just look at his family situation. Betty, love of his life(they had some really tough time, but it's clear that they loved each other) is dying and now the whole family is on shoulders of his 15-year old daughter. What does he do? Fucking nothing, continues discovering himself.

You can say - Betty told him not to come back, but that doesn't mean shit, he could help without interfering in her life, just take the kids with him every other day, instead of them living in a house with their dying mother.
>>
>>63583385
>Betty, love of his life
She was more of a trophy wife, with whom he shared being damaged. At least in the show, they were never depicted as lovers.
>>
>>63583507
What? Betty was madly in love with him, in first season she says that all she does is sits in home and waits for him, that he's everything she think about. You can say that it's not love and just obsession and it's Betty we're talking about, she's incredibly immature, but for her it was love.

With Don it's trickier, but he was always much more gentle (and when they were fighting - meaner) with her than with anyone else, he clearly loved her. Yeah, they're both incredibly damaged people, but doesn't mean they didn't love each other.
>>
>>63583697
If there is one thing Don learned over the time we saw him, it's to let go of that empty dream that he aspires in the beginning. He starts off with a dependent wife, obligatory children (that he never loved, according to him), and a shameful past he aggressively denies.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.