[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found out last night why a Dredd sequel won't be made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 3247742-1305890782-dredd3.jpg (27 KB, 640x393) Image search: [Google]
3247742-1305890782-dredd3.jpg
27 KB, 640x393
I found out last night why a Dredd sequel won't be made anytime soon. It boils down to arguments on-set between Garland and Travis, (apparently Garland shot most of the movie) money was offered, but turned down (I think to Garland, I was a bit drunk). Garland basically wants to make his own movies. Travis wasn't even asked. So there might be a chance for a sequel but without the same writer or director.
>>
>>63566708
I would love a sequel.
Rookie a qt.
>>
Noooo! That was the only comic-based movie I have actually enjoyed!
>>
File: dredd.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dredd.gif
166 KB, 500x281
I just re-watched the movie a couple nights ago, it still is as good and solid as I remembered.

>>63566781
>Rookie a qt.

Yes, oh yes.
>>
>>63566708
That's not the reason. They'd get a different director of the second film. It just didn't make money. One of the reasons why it didn't make money was that they pushed it back a year because according to Garland, Travis was going to ruin the film and they had to lock him out of the editing room.
>>
>>63566708
Apparently as well, it could become a tv series, with interest from AMC, Netflix and Amazon.
>>
>>63567065
That was the arguing on set then...
>>
>>63566708
There won't be a sequel because no on cares.
>>
No it comes down to should Dredd be black or a homosexual. There's too much diversity on the menu to choose from.

> sorry we're all out of straight white male
>>
>>63567114
But the Dvd and Blu-Ray sales as well as fan reactions are making people think again.
>>
It unfortunately sold like shit and thus a sequel will never ever be made.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.