[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They did it!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20151212_115508.jpg (94 KB, 720x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151212_115508.jpg
94 KB, 720x500
They did it!
>>
File: M3STAKE.jpg (13 KB, 150x242) Image search: [Google]
M3STAKE.jpg
13 KB, 150x242
Need a higher res pic tb.h
>>
Why are the fucking Game Grumps there?
>>
>>63564415
this new MST3K is going to be a fucking clusterfuck of shit.

It doesn't need to happen.
>>
Thank you MSTies for paying out of pocket for something that our parent company could have easily afforded! And a preemptive thank you for paying out of pocket again for these episodes on dvd next year! Feel the love!
>>
>>63565470

Don't you talk shit about Dan and Brian. They're good people.

Also you do realize that there are other people out there that like MST3K, right?
>>
/pol/ btfo
>>
>>63564415
What is that fur at the top-right corner?
>>
>>63566285
Nobody who actually likes MST3k will like this, they have not a single fucking original writer except for joel and he isn't even going to appear on camera, this is going to suck and anyone who followed it and saw that nobody from the original cast wanted to touch it shows how little fate anyone has in it.
>>
I don't know if I'll be able to properly communicate the magnitude of this but successfully funding a kickstarter is pretty much the worst thing that can happen to you, businesswise. I know it doesn't seem like that from the outside, "hey free money" etc, but I guarantee you it will fuck your shit all up with the nightmare of trying to corral a team who all want to take your half-baked project in their own direction and carve out a slice of the pie for themselves amidst neverending unforeseen delays, setbacks, problems, and diva employee crises, whilst being constantly beholden to a virulent screaming horde of backers, each and every one of which feeling it's their god given mission to scream their righteous entitled fury into yuor face 24 hours a day about the most trivially insane bullshit while organizing themselves into warring cliques each trying to rip out your throat.
It's especially bad if have absolutely no experience managing high-budget projects, like Joel who made his cheap highschool project UHF show on a shoestring budget and then did literally nothing else for 20 years. I guarantee you, somewhere down the line, maybe 12 months from now, maybe as little as 6, Joel is going to look like he's on suicide watch. The poor guy.
>>
>>63566861
Maybe he can make Felicia the showrunner since she's experienced in both online video production and multi million dollar crowdfunding
>>
>>63566861
>made his cheap highschool project UHF show on a shoestring budget and then did literally nothing else for 20 years.
I assume he's taking a bit cut for himself, otherwise why SIX POINT THREE MILLION dollars? MST3K doesn't need to be high budget, and in a way it shouldn't. Part of the show's charm was that the skits were all low budget and cheesey (some skits sucked but that was due to the writing).

Is he paying Felicia Day a fuckton of money or something?
>>
As a lifelong MST3K fan, I'll give it a shot. There's a chance that it might be good.
>>
>>63568670
No there fucking isn't.
>>
Popularity for MST3K means increased DVD sales and increased chances Shout Factory will be able to get some of the harder to release episodes out. Specifically the Susan Hart owned movies like It Conquered the World.
>>
>tfw you forgot to get all the rare episodes from youtube before joel's new stormtroopers started taking every video down
rip end of an era
>>
>>63567033
shame she isn't experienced in being funny
>>
>>63565470
>Why are the fucking Game Grumps there?

Arin is an e-celeb and somehow manages to cross promote all these nostalgia kick starters. He also spoke during the Not-Symphony of the Night kickstarter for Iga a few months ago too.
>>
>>63569133
Never really understood the point of getting these on dvd. Is it the need to see the plastic puppets in absolute crystal clarity?
>>
File: 162[2].png (597 KB, 680x746) Image search: [Google]
162[2].png
597 KB, 680x746
Question:

Will FDay bring her quirky sense of humor to the show?
>>
>>63569284
She's also one of the staff writers, so yes
>>
File: 1449183932457.png (11 KB, 376x383) Image search: [Google]
1449183932457.png
11 KB, 376x383
>>63569284
>>
why do people like felicia day
>>
>>63569253

VHS loving hipster.
>>
>>63564415
>all those Reddit hats
>all those Reddit glasses
>that Reddit guitar

Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>63565470
You are aware that basically all the successful youtube and 'internet personalities' all live near each other and know each other?

If not, well that's how it is. Their success is all nepotism, and most are already rich due to parents
>>
I don't mind Felicia day as the Mad I guess. They normally don't have much screen time.

What is more worrisome is none of the original writers or voices are coming back.
I bet Mike and all the other original guys got shafted by this.
I bet they told Joel to fuck off since they seem to do fine with Rifftrax.
>>
What's this?
>>
>le fake geek 45 year old woman pretending she's a 15 year old girl redhead

no thanks
>>
>>63567033
she actually shit her pants after this panel
>>
>>63571175
>I bet Mike and all the other original guys got shafted by this.

The fallout in the late 90s was enough to make them not care about coming back. And anyways, if you wanted the original guys, there's rifftrax where most of the guys went anyways. After CT flopped and failed, Joel had to find some way to stay relevant, so he ended up digging up this corpse to molest.
>>
>>63569284
HAHA HOLY SHIT

10/10 FELICA
>>
>>63564415
/tv/ crying about this for a whole month has been so incredibly gratifying to watch.
>>
>>63572101

I love it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.