[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the animation worse then the show? what happened here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: latest.jpg (3 MB, 1890x2835) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
3 MB, 1890x2835
How is the animation worse then the show? what happened here is there a story behind it?
>>
>>63563971
>How is the animation worse then the show?

What?
>>
>>63563984

I'm talking about the 2008 movie the animation is awful in it compared to the show its a lot more stiff and the saber fight with Obi-won and Ventress is a good example.

Movie feels really rushed compared to the shows episodes.
>>
>>63564149
What?
>>
>>63563971
>>63564149
This "movie" is literally just the first couple episodes made stuck together. So it looks worse because they got better as they went along.
>>
>>63564149

The show's animation improved as it went along as its success warranted greater resources being given to it.
>>
>>63564499

I would say a feature length film is warrant enough but if what >>63564318 said is true then who the hell made that decision?
>>
>>63564578
Lucas himself.
Financially, it was a wise decision. The series lose money on the tv run, but it won money on the cinema box office ($68 million worldwide with an estimated budget of 10$ million). Each tv chapter cost between 1 to 2$ million.

It was a marketing ploy that earned money.
>>
>>63563971
>star THE CLONE WARS wars
>>
>>63567667
Bravo George
>>
>>63565574
Chapter as in episode, or chapter as in season? 1 million per episode is insane.
>>
>>63568995
Episode. George wanted to push the bar on television-grade CG animation. Plus it's not like he was planning on doing any more Star Wars movies, the show could be fueled by the Star Wars merch machine just fine.
>>
>>63569038
Paid off to be fair, the show was the only quality thing to come out of the prequels.
>>
>>63568995
What do episodes usually cost for animated shows?
>>
>>63563971
can you repeat the question ?
>>
Hate him all you like, he really did put his money where his mouth was and produced some absolutely quality TV.

Disney with all their might and money spend less than half as much as Lucas on Rebels episodes. It's a pity TCW got cancelled
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.