[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did edgy start to mean good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: wew lad.jpg (204 KB, 897x1328) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
204 KB, 897x1328
When did edgy start to mean good?
>>
>>63563180
When did good start to mean edgy?
>>
When did "I don't like it for obtuse and unclear reasons" start to mean edgy?
>>
>>63563239
>>
Old boy isn't a very good movie. The atmosphere and action are very good though.
>>
when did edgy start to mean bad?
>>
>>63563239
Look up edgy, come back :)
>>
People have praised "edgy" film-making since the damn 70's. Think about movies like Dirty Harry and The French Connection stripping off the Jack Webb Dragnet hero cop cliches and showing how fallible and human they can be or are.
>>
>>63563301
Do you know how long ago they came up with Oedipus?
Incest isn't edgy.
>>
>>63563194
That's a pretty stupid thing to say anon, when a film is good, it's good regardless if it's edgy or not. Also oldboy wasn't edgy, Mr. Robot is an edgy series or Fight Club.
>>
I loved how rattled this fanbase got by the remake. Hundreds of movies are remade every year, but Oldboy's fanbase cried so hard, like the little pussies they are. They went on a smear campaign, rating the movie 1 star on IMDB without ever watching it. They claimed to have gone to the theater, and walked out after 5 minutes, etc. Big bunch of little faggots ever. If you get upset about a remake of your edgy masterpiece, you're a huge pussy and should kill yourself.
>>
>>63563397
It is in today's society, what I'm getting at is that most people only like/pay for what's edgy, ie why the film industry is laughably bad nowadays.
>>
>>63563339
"edgy" movies have always been praised, the whole Noir genre started the trend.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.