[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So wait, are you telling me that Vader in ANH had no idea that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
So wait, are you telling me that Vader in ANH had no idea that Leia Skywalker, the leader of the rebel alliance, was his fucking daughter?

Like not even a hunch?
>>
>>63561826
Her new was changed to Organa when she was adopted, you dumb cucK
>>
>>63561826
Yes I'm telling you George Lucas did not plan out a triology.

Like not even one bit.
>>
>>63561857
aaaaaand thread/
>>
>>63561857
So? He'd still feel it.

Are you telling me the most powerful force user in history didn't get some kind of perception when he stood face to face with his daughter?

Great writing.
>>
>>63561910
>Are you telling me the most powerful force user in history
Vader is never that in the OT
>>
>>63561943
Hurrrrr you're explaining shit using the prequels now?
>>
>>63561910
The force reads thoughts and feelings not genetics

But yeah the real explanation is that George didn't think to make Leia Vader's daughter until return of the Jedi was being written
>>
Well for Luke, Vader never sensed him because he never wanted to go to his home planet, and essentially ignored everything about it. For Leia I'm not sure, he probably just didn't, simple as that
>>
>>63561857
>her new was
>>
>>63561826
>He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil
Obi-Wan Kenobi to Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Anakin Skywalker was a powerful Force sensitive Jedi but after his terrible fate in ROTS he was not the same as Obi-Wan explains. This is consistent with the Force enabling midichlorians explanation

Also the Force required inner peace, constant practice and meditation. Darth Vader was a scarred man, both literally and psychologically. The suit was designed so that he could never find peace, everything he did was done with constant suffering and he was in internal turmoil due to his guilt

>It seems, in your anger, you killed her
Sheev Palpatine to Darth Vader, ROTS

Probably between ROTS and ANH Vader was extremely depressed, he was not practising or using the Force, he was running errands for the Emperor and he was not respected by anyone in the Empire

>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader
Admiral Motti to Darth Vader, ANH

Darth Vader started gaining his strength and confidence in ANH when he confronted Obi-Wan. Suddenly he was useful again, powerful and respected and he had a mission and a plan. That gave him clairvoyance to understand that Luke and Leia are his children and later that he didn't kill Padme and finally break free from the web of lies the Emperor weaved around him, thus returning to the light side and restoring balance to the Force

>Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son!
Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker, ESB

>You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right.
Anakin Skywalker to Luke Skywalker, ROTJ
>>
>>63561910
>Are you telling me the most powerful force user in history didn't get some kind of perception when he stood face to face with his daughter?

To be fair he did force choke his pregnant wife into unconsciousness. He thought his child was dead
>>
>>63562040

Nah.

In both cases, it's because they weren't strong enough in the force yet. Neither of them were a presence floating through the force, even if Vader was looking for them. Leia was face to face with him but she's just a regular ass person at that point.

Not to mention Vader has to read Luke's thoughts/feelings, at his lowest point (as Vader and the Emperor taunt him, he's hiding in the shadows, and he's closest to giving into anger), to even recognize he has a sister. He didn't even know another child, much less a daughter, also existed. So he wouldn't have been looking for Leia in the first place.

Fuck, he wasn't looking for any Skywalker before they made a mess of the Death Star.
>>
>>63561826
Ya know, it's just a shitty movie for normies. Obviously, they never care about continuity and logic.
>>
File: 764324567.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
764324567.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>THE "LIGHT" SIDE OF THE FORCE

WHO
THE
FUCK

INVENTED THIS TERM

THE "LIGHT" SIDE DOESN'T EXIST, IT'S LITERALLY JUST "THE FORCE", NOT "LIGHT SIDE" OF THE FORCE

THE DARK SIDE BRINGS IMBALANCE TO THE FORCE, THUS BY ERADICATING IT WE BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE

PLEASE
STOP
USING THE TERM "LIGHT SIDE"

IT'S JUST THE FORCE
>>
>>63562957
this to be honest family
>>
>>63561826

In the first two, Leia wasn't Vader's daughter.

Lucas got lazy by Return of the Jedi and instead of creating an all new character (that would be developed in a sequel trilogy he was planning), he just settled on making it Leia.

In Star Wars and Empire, that ain't Luke's sister. Lucas made up each one as he went along.
>>
>>63562000
Doesn't Yoda refer to Lea when he says 'No. There is another.' in ESB?
>>
>>63561826
He's basically a brainwashed robot

turn your fucking mind off Jesus
>>
>>63563216
source?
Sounds like bullshit
>>
>>63564533
Not specifically, no. At that point the other was supposed to be a new character.
>>
>>63561943
>chosen one
>not the most powerful force user
>>
>A black man knowing who his kids are

Baka senpai
>>
>>63562000
Didn't he contact her in some jedi way at the end of episode V?
>>
did luke and leia fuck
>>
>>63561910

He didn't even know he was having twins dude.
>>
>Special editions
>Lucas claims they are his true vision
>Never deletes Leia and Luke kissing

So I guess surprise incest was his vision
>>
so... did they fuck?
>>
>>63561826
That's what Lucas tried to peddle. He never minded that it's at best disingenuous.
>>
>>63564659
Source??? You kindling? You have internet connection - do the research. Old guy here - the first two films was made with a love triangle theme. I can remember a friend giving me the spoiler about Leia in 'Jedi' and feeling disappoint ed and betrayed by that. Luke was to have a sister but not Leia. This was lazy writing; first coffin nail.
>>
>>63562957
Kreia pls go
>>
>>63561910
>Are you telling me the most powerful force user in history didn't get some kind of perception when he stood face to face with his daughter

Literally exactly this.

That's not what the force does/is.

"You're telling me that the greatest hat in the universe can't open a tin of beans?"

yes
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (44 KB, 614x460) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
44 KB, 614x460
>>63562957
Balance implies 2 or more things

You have the force, and then one side of the force is the dark side

We need a name for the other side, to be the other thing
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.