[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should a script include things like camera movements and character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
should a script include things like camera movements and character expressions unless they wouldn't be naturally guessed by the director and actors?
>>
Yeah a script should incluse those things
>>
>>63556101
surely anything camera related should be the cinematographer/director's job?
>>
>>63556076
only the shooting script op
>inb4 no its not
literally killyourselffff
>>
>>63556076
That's a screenplay. A script is what the actors get and it just includes dialogue and whatnot.
>>
>>63556148
>not being the screenwriter and director and producer
>>
>>63556076
No.

Usually, you write your script so anyone can make it.
>>
>>63556159
just assume I wrote screenplay
>>
Camera movements should be left to the director and DoP

Character expressions should be effective to the actor u less it's integral for the scene
>>
OP, you write a screenplay that has the basics then it is rewritten into shooting script where the shit you mentioned is included.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (96 KB, 648x656) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
96 KB, 648x656
why would birds need safe passage over a river?
>>
Should a script include what the characters are thinking and what a scene means (if it can be interpreted differently) shit like that?
>>
>>63556268
those things are the director and actors' jobs. As a writer you don't interpret shit, you write and others interpret your shit
>>
>>63556076
I've heard that including character expressions in a script and anything else that essentially tells the actor how to play their role is a big no no but, you know what I say? I say it's my fucking movie not theirs. They're fucking cattle. If I tell them they should be happy when saying a line the only question they're allowed to ask is "How wide should my smile be?" not throwing passive aggressive looks at me once in awhile because, I told them how to play a character that I FUCKING CREATED.
>>
>>63556310
>muh auteur theory
It's people like you that let John Landis get away with murder.
>>
>>63556314
it's ok George we're not far from 100% realistic CGI. It will probably happen right after you die
>>
>>63556314
George Lucas pls leave
>>
>>63556353
>the writer gets to not only write the scene but also instruct everyone how to interpret it and what feelings to convey

this would cause director-actor uselessness on par with Marvel capeshit
>>
>>63556314
GTFO Geogre
>>
>>63556357
>>63556364
Hack Lucas hivemind
>>
>>63556314
from my point of view I created the characters
>>
Well yeah so actors can get an idea of what to do. Most tell them to go by script and if they so choose they tell them to improvise
>>
>writing a script
>not simply creating character dossiers and then having actors improvise scenes

it's like you guys don't know how movies are made or something
>>
File: 123412.jpg (91 KB, 656x820) Image search: [Google]
123412.jpg
91 KB, 656x820
this is what happens when actors are given leeway
>>
>>63556076
>>63556076
The script tells us what should be seen.
So yes.
>>
>>63556531
Leo, Shia and DDL would excel at this
>>
>>63556650
That literally is how the first two Transformers movies were made.
>>
File: Screenplay.png (121 KB, 1224x799) Image search: [Google]
Screenplay.png
121 KB, 1224x799
I'm making a short film out of this amazing script I wrote. I'm gonna submit it to my school's film festival.

What do you think? Top prize material? What would you change?
>>
>>63557743
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcReu_d9h4o
>>
>>63556076

I like feet.
>>
>>63556076
Scripts can include those things. Directors and actors ignore scripts anyways so why not?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.