[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this? watched it last night and thought it was pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: filth.jpg (55 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
filth.jpg
55 KB, 400x593
Thoughts on this?
watched it last night and thought it was pretty great.
>>
Tried hanging myself after watching it. No idea why. Good film though.
>>
>>63553659
reminded me of Trainspotting and In Bruges, but i would definitely rate it 4/5.

worth watching a few times.
>>
i cried and i dont know why
>>
>>63554000
>Trainspotting AND In Bruges
Those are my two favorite movies, watching this shit now if it's on Netflix
>>
>>63554036
you won't regret it
>>
>>63554080
I have high hopes since I also love McAvoy
>>
I was literally screaming "fedoracore" there in the theater.

Now that's what I call edgy: the meme: the flick. No this isn't bait. Worst flick of 2013. Pure euphorics. Juvenile meme bait IMDB sensibility /v/eddoracore. Photocopiers don't work that way mass of fucking "dude I'm my wife lmao" shit with literal c.ucking scene shitfest meme emmeed fuck Jon S baird james mcovary magbetro fucking bladsey piece of fucking shit.

What age were you when you grew out of Filth? I was 23. Book is fucking trash too. "dude tapeworm" "GF hit by lightning lmao" "child of rape" "Bacon sandwich arsehole scratch".

No one watch this fucking shit flick.
>>
>>63553659
I wasn't really a fan. McAvoy was great and the movie seemed to be going somewhere but it really overstayed its welcome. Particular devices like his ex-wife talking to the camera and Jim Broadbent hallucinations came off as mere annoyances rather than moments of insanity. Other than McAboy's character, everyone else feels so dry and interchangeable which I get was intended but I was not interested in Imogen Poots and her moral high ground. Boring. I also thought the twist was very ill-conceived, and a desperate attempt to tie everything together. Well, at least the cartoon at the end was fantastic.
>>
File: tumblr_mdwrwiJJph1qaihw2o1_1280.jpg (425 KB, 930x940) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdwrwiJJph1qaihw2o1_1280.jpg
425 KB, 930x940
I'm not sure why people hold it in high regard. I never felt very much for the characters. It came across as being absurd just to be absurd.
>>
I just started to laugh during the very ending, you know what I'm talking about.
Then I got sad.
>>
>>63554209
hi anon.

Do you have friends?
>>
>>63554209
This so much. The title of this shit describes the film.
>>
>>63554248
>DUDE FEDORIOHEAD LMAO
Fuck that ending. Fuck this entire movie. Radiohead is beneath me and so is literally any movie that uses one of their songs. Even a cover version. You know the last movie before this one I saw that ending with a fedoriomeme song? Twilight 1. Tells you a lot about the league that Filith is in.
>>
What? I wasn't talking about radiohead.
>>
that poster reminds me of ridley scott, mcavoy confirmed for ridley biopic in 7 years?
>>
>>63554446
>I made 1 good movie in the 70s and then inflicted heaps of trash on the world for 40 years lmao
>>
>>63554209
The book is better than Trainspottings book.
>>
>>63554470
>I made 1 good movie in the 70s
The Duelists?
>>
>>63554285
>>63554209
wew lads
>>
>>63553659
I enjoyed it thoroughly other than the "twist" towards the end

Mcavoy was great at playing a massive asshole
>>
So why did he kill himself?
>>
>>63554470
>implying ridley didn't make at least 1 great film per decade
>>
>>63554472
I wouldn't wipe my ass with any book by Irvine Welsh.
>>
>>63554549
Alien
Blade Runner.

Then literally nothing else. If you think that Gladiator or The Martian are even "good", nevermind "Great" then you are an imdb inflected enemy of cinema and you have no place on this board.
>>
>>63554209
Fuck I'm on meme and buzzword overload.
>>
>>63554612
>imdb inflected enemy of cinema and you have no place on this board.
hey Korinefag how's tricks? Ridley's never made a bad film btw.
>>
>>63554652
If I was Korinefag I would have praised The Counselor.
>>
>>63554569
Me either brah I'd use toilet paper.
>>
SAME RULES APLY
>>
>>63554080
No fucking way it's as good as either of those movies but you're got me watching it now.
>>
>>63554209
Go take your pills Korinefag
>>
it's a subpar movie, but an above average flick.
>>
Good not great. Really lost itself somewhere in the middle but had a strong ending.
>>
I really liked it. My favorite movie from the past few years. I prefer it over Trainspotting, though it is by no means perfect (pacing feels a bit off at times, and certain sections don't flow as well as others). All in all very good though, do recommend.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.