[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How about some movies that address the 4th wall? I know in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: funny-games-poster.png (1 MB, 988x1400) Image search: [Google]
funny-games-poster.png
1 MB, 988x1400
How about some movies that address the 4th wall?

I know in this one, they actually rewind the movie to undo the death of one of the dudes, and blab about violent cinema or something.
>>
Funny Games (1997)
>>
>>63552299
Either/or, I don't care, I'm not a snob about originals vs. Remake, though this one had the same director anyway
>>
I hated this fucking movie. I wanted those two shitstains to get owned the whole time and they never did.
>>
>>63552644
Tim Roth eating bread while blowdrying a phone is the greatest thing Haneke has ever filmed tbqh
>>
>>63552259
this was brilliant, the conversation they're having on the boat in the final scene explains everything.
>>63552644
thats the whole point faggot
>>
>>63552782
No, shit you stupid fuck. I never said I didn't get the premise. I hated the fucking movie. Fuck off.
>>
>>63552644
I wanted the child's brain to get blown out on camera.
>>
>>63552813
Did you hate it because it reminded you of how edgy you are?
>>
Wolf of Wall Street
>>
>>63552850
I hated it because fuckbois like you worship it. It's shit. There are movies where I truly root for the bad guys to win. This was not one of them. They were faggots just like you.
>>
>>63552842
the problem with Hanake is that he's actually too self-conscious to do something that might not be taken seriously. the kid getting his head blown off would have tipped the whole movie over into being genuinely funny instead of "funny", and Hanake wanted to be OH SO SERIOUS AND DARK.
>>
>>63553021
>being this mad that Haneke called you out for the edgy teenager that you are
Hopefully you'll grow out of it. Oh, you're not one of those manchildren, are you? The kind that still wants cool epic violence and explosions in movies? Are you going to wear your Jabba suit to the new Star Wars premiere or does your theater not allow that?
>>
>>63553101
>being this mad
implying
> Are you going to wear your Jabba suit to the new Star Wars premiere
What an oddly specific projection
>>
>>63553101
you know what movie does what Haneke *wanted* to do in Funny Games? Cabin In The Woods. Joss Whedon literally wrote a more effective Michael Haneke movie than Haneke himself. Except that Cabin In The Woods is too entertaining to be "artistique" like Haneke so desperately wants his films to be.
>>
>>63553151
>you know what movie does what Haneke *wanted* to do in Funny Games? Cabin In The Woods.

This might be the worst thing I've ever read on /tv/.
>>
>>63553147
>le projection
You enjoyed Mad Max: Fury Road too, right?

>>63553151
Is that your the extent of your cinematic knowledge? A Joss Whedon movie? You could have compared it to Contempt or Godard's other self-referential works, but you chose fucking Cabin in the Woods? Is this what passes as criticism on this meme board now?
>>
>>63553338
Literally nothing to reply to and yet you couldn't resist. You seem rustled.
>>
>>63553218
don't worry I'm completely used to the utterly complacent dicksucking of modern "arthouse" directors on /tv/

no matter how dumb and flawed their movies are someone is always willing to pretend they're smarter than they really are.
>>
File: 1359811032141.jpg (22 KB, 445x322) Image search: [Google]
1359811032141.jpg
22 KB, 445x322
>>63553415
That irony.
>>
>>63552259
literally pretentious garbage: the film
>>
>>63553465
MOM! I POSTED IT AGAIN!
>>
>>63553462
What director do you enjoy then?
>>
>>63553338
doesn't it more effectively make the point of Haneke's utter bankruptcy as a creative force, if a mainstream director like Joss Whedon actually did a better treatment than him of similar themes? do you even understand how a comparison works?
>>
>>63553151
This is embarrassing.
>>
>>63553021
You played right into the movie's hands and took its bait.
>>
>>63553493
Literally nothing to reply to and yet you couldn't resist. You seem rustled.
>>
>>63553465
>>63553493
Please stop, this is really embarrassing, guys.
>>
>>63553556
>I am an unoriginal parrot. Behold my rustling.
>>
>>63553537
Doesn't it effectively make you an adolescent if your only criticism is a poor and misguided comparison to a Joss Whedon movie?
>>
OP is a confirmed edgy Redditor.
>>
>>63553565
:)
>>
>>63553551
>Cabin In The Woods was literally 2 deep for me
>I need characters to explain the point of a film in dialogue
>>
>>63553589
Literally nothing to reply to and yet you couldn't resist. You seem rustled. Why did you hover over this text, faggot? :^)
>>
>>63553637
Is there an echo in here? I had a premonition that you liked long black things, that why I knew you would look. 8D
>>
>>63553151
>Joss Whedon literally wrote a more effective Michael Haneke movie than Haneke himself
kekold
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 640x640
>>63553637
>>63553698
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.