[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films /tv/ should talk about more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
Films /tv/ should talk about more
>>
HOL
>>
I thought at first it was one of those straight to video shit-films that Wesley Snipes and Steven Seagal keep making, but was pleasantly surprised. The only thing is, it could have been a bit faster to build up, ans I didn't like Chloe in it.
>>
>>63549684
Fuck
I really love this movie
>>
>>63549824
Don't Ever Post That Again

>>63549840
The pacing is a little strange but otherwise imo it's pretty solid
>>
What was the point of the spinklers?
>>
>>63549962
Yeah I love it when my pre-judging of a movie is wrong.

Like before I could see 2-3 seconds of a trailer and see what kind of movie it is and if I want to watch it. These days I've been fooled so many times I just quit watching ttrailers.. Like Prisoners, from the trailer it seemed like a stupid "bring me back my kid!!" -movie that you've seen a million times. But when I finally ran out of shit to see I saw it, and it was pretty darn good.
>>
It came out too close to John Wick so everybody went to go see that instead
>>
>>63550192
The Equalizer made twice as much in the box office
>>
>>63549684
I think it got overshadowed by John Wick, but as a guy that enjoys watching denzel kick ass, this movie gave me my fix.
>>
>>63549840
i liked the pacing, had me gripping my seat wondering when denzel was gonna turn to denzel and start fucking niggas up
>>
Shit movie

Only watched because I was on an international flight
>>
>>63550370
Yeah I think it was my lowered expectations that kidna ruined it for me, until he slowly but surely raped the shit out of all those assholes in the bar. I jsut got it again now so here we go.
>>
Nah it was terrible
>>
how can you faggots even like this

it bought nothing new to the table at all

it was just fucking jason bourne protect a child hooker and kills mobsters
>>
>>63550486
We have a lot of tasteless teens browsing the board now as we get closer to star wars 7
>>
>>63550046
Depending on the system Emergency Services are automatically alerted in order to minimize damage. Also it looks cool as fuck, why else do you think it is raining in the last fight in John Wick? Also John Wick was an entertaining movie with a far amount of unique action sequences even if it is a bit light on plot.
>>
>>63550093
Trailers can also spoil a movie, baka
>>
>>63550425
>>63550479
>>63550486
>>63550533
>samefagging this hard

Reddit, everyone
>>
>>63550533
>I'm old enough to browse the 4chans, guys, trust me!

Least you got dubs
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 337x157) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 337x157
>>63550878
>doesn't have the /g/ samefag checker
How ironic, outsider
>>63550902
>p-p-please don't bully my nerd culture identity;_;
>>
>>63551016
>trying to use /g/ to fit in

Just lurk moar, redditor, you'll learn the ropes. It's not as hard as the snow dog challenge.
>>
>>63549684
It was really fucking shit. The director tries to create tension all the time but it doesn't work because Denzel's character is literally written to be immortal. I've never seen a serious action hero that has this little difficulty killing everything, it's not supposed to be a somewhat cheesy action movie, but it does come across that way.
>>63550486
Also, this. If you genuinely think this is a good movie you musn't have watched a lot of movies, or your taste a shit. John Wick for example does it better, Keanu is still pretty overpowered but he's decidedly mortal, every gunfight does take its toll and as the movie progresses he becomes less of an efficient fighting machine.
>>
>>63551102
I think it is supposed to be a cheesy action movie, and it worked fine in that regard. It was much more fun than I expected.
>>
File: r32441.jpg (38 KB, 335x475) Image search: [Google]
r32441.jpg
38 KB, 335x475
>>
>>63551144
Billy Bob is the best retard ever. The scene where they're all drinking together gave me legit chills too.
>>
>>63551087
Is this how you're planning on defending yourself then?
>>
>>63551138
It took itself way too seriously for that argument to hold, it was edgy as fuck
>>
WE WUZ
>>
Best scene: the ending and the bar scene
>>
>>63551102
>it's not supposed to be a somewhat cheesy action movie

M8 it was literally supposed to be a hard core version of this.

I've seen too many action films to count and I found it great
>>
>>63551179
Ehh, not really. I like to mix the old with things that are new and completely groundbreaking.

You ever shit in a urinal, son?
>>
File: zXycT5FL.jpg (55 KB, 640x614) Image search: [Google]
zXycT5FL.jpg
55 KB, 640x614
>watching this flick
>this guy comes in
Why does this douche feel the need to pay producers thousands of dollars just for ten seconds of screen-time?
>>
File: Basketcase2.jpg (23 KB, 300x397) Image search: [Google]
Basketcase2.jpg
23 KB, 300x397
>>63549684
It needs to be done.
>>
>>63551016
>>63550486
>>63550479
>>63550425
>>63551102
It's okay to have different opinions guys
>>
>>63551138
If it is supposed to be a cheesy action movie it does the entire first half wrong, it's setting up this somewhat serious narrative and it had me intrigued. I watched this in the cinema on the recommendations of a friend, but I couldn't help laughing during the final action scene, it was so damn ludicrous. Is this what they were going for? The Expendables 2.5?

>>63551303
Opinions are so damn split on this one, I know a lot of people that enjoyed it, but I also know people that thought it was mindless action with absolutely zero payoff. Perhaps Denzel should've dressed up as Batman during the final standoff, that atleast would've gotten the message across, guns were hardly a necessity anyway.
>>
>>63551485
I dunno, I took it seriously and thought it was great (had flaws, but still enjoyable).

S-sorry about being salty, g-guys
>>
>>63551389
Do you really want to say no to someone like that?
>>
>>63549840
>one of those straight to video shit-films that Wesley Snipes and Steven Seagal keep making

Keked so hard.

Does Wesley at least close his eyes in some of them?
>>
>>63551016
>>63550878
You're both samefagging each other. In fact, you're both me.
>>
>>63551696
We should stream those films to be honest family
>>
>>63551709
Dad?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.