[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: eternal-sunshine.jpg (697 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eternal-sunshine.jpg
697 KB, 1920x1080
Is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind overrated?
>>
I liked it. Related very much to Joel, in need of spontaneity, so for me the film had a bit more weight.
>>
Faggot drama shit. If you're a man and you watch this you're a fag
>>
one of the worst movies i ever watched

if you like this, or you are a woman or you are a SUPREME BETA
>>
I dont really hear people excessively talking about it so I don't think so. It's one of my personal favorites.
>>
>>63527599

Mine too. Carey transitioning through different emotions is amazing, also the scene where he's trying to save his memories really got me.
>>
>>63526835
Yes. It's hipster trash.
>>
>>63526835
>dating a girl with le so unique colored hair
>ever

It's literally highschool girlfriend just broke up with me core
>>
File: images (1).png (5 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
5 KB, 207x244
>>63527747
>Mierzwiack just lemme keep this one memory. Just this one.
>>
>>63527806
You know thats a point made in the movie. Like he says that it's childish, because her character is childish.
>>
>>63527806
So you didn't watch the movie.

Joel, I'm not a concept. I want you to
just keep that in your head. Too many
guys think I'm a concept or I complete
them or I'm going to make them alive, but
I'm just a fucked-up girl who is looking
for my own peace of mind. Don't assign
me yours.
>>
>>63527816
>>
>>63527853
Nope just let him complain about it being le edgy. God forbid he watches a movie with faulty characters that are self aware
>>
>>63527882

jfc ;_;
>>
>>63526835
Yes.
>>
File: mobile-9660-1378429399-13.jpg (19 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
mobile-9660-1378429399-13.jpg
19 KB, 500x460
>>63527882
The movie is too fucking real with it's characters.
>>
It's okay. nothing special.
>>
>>63526835

it's pretty wonderful. The whole concept is just pretty brilliantly insightful as to what it's like when a relationship ends and you try to distance yourself from that person. Even though you're trying to forget them their memories are too closely entwined with your experiences that it's a very difficult thing to get rid of them. Scenes like his memory of talking to her in the bookstore with all the spines becoming blank while she remains in focus touch on something profound about our perception of the world. Being able to remember intimate details about the people we love while forgetting everything else around us. Fucking hell Kaufman digs deep into loneliness.

ANYWAY GREAT MOVIE
>>
Adaptation. is Kaufman's true classic
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.