[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didnt Lordy Vordy just make horcruxs out of grains of sand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: horcrux-locket.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
horcrux-locket.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
Why didnt Lordy Vordy just make horcruxs out of grains of sand and ditch them in the ocean?
>>
why didn't he just shoot harry with a gun?
>>
Why didn't the eagles just fly the horcrux to mordor?
>>
He was a good friend.
>>
>>63525963
>>63525976
>>63526001
Valid points
>>
I think they said in the books that it had to be an object that held sentimental value or something like that.
>>
>>63526051
Nah, only Voldemort chose to do it that way.
>>
>>63525946
They covered this in the books. He was prideful and used things he cared about. He used slytherins locket, the resurrection stone, nagini, raveclaws diadem. etc because they were worthy receptacles and connected to things he loved for his soul
>>
>>63526090
>He was prideful

Okay thanks. That makes sense. He could have done it the smart way but being a dumb evil guy makes sense. Thanks anon
>>
File: 148476047693567456965678.gif (2 MB, 245x219) Image search: [Google]
148476047693567456965678.gif
2 MB, 245x219
>>63526154
the books were written by a homeless women. what do you expect anon?

potter fan fiction is literally better than the real thing
>>
>>63526220
what is with this boards hate boner for harry potter. They're fun and comfy as shit
>>
>>63525946
Because Harry Potter is a childrens book and they don't have to be rock solid in the logic department.

I thought it was clever when I was little
>>
Because Voldemort is pretty stupid desu.

They covered it in the books. He's kind of a moron, by the end of it Harry is calling him by his first name and everyone that used to be afraid of him isn't anymore.
>>
Why didn't Harry just fuck Voldemort into submission?
>>
>>63526329
That's pretty true. He was arrogant enough to tattoo all his followers. What a dumb fuck.
>>
Its corse and rough and gets everywhere.
>>
File: booke ranke.jpg (1 MB, 1596x2883) Image search: [Google]
booke ranke.jpg
1 MB, 1596x2883
Probably since Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects?all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>But at least the books are ggood though!
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>63525963
It's a muggle weapon
>>
>smart enough to control the upper echelon of society and manipulate himself into control of the entire Ministry, as well as become immortal
>we aren't shown HOW he does this

>does ridiculously stupid shit that no one of that intelligence ever would

Gee, it's almost like it was written by a dumb woman who is unable to actually write intelligent characters.
>>
>>63526575
We have a hardcore memer going nuts tonight.

>captcha has me identifying pasta

Well I think I've found some.
>>
>>63526602
Sounds an awful lot like Hitler.
>>
>>63526575
Even as a fan of the series, I can't argue with this copypasta. The movies are absolutely horrendous in their portrayal of magic. They turn cool magical spells into fucking laser guns. No spell ever does anything other than "knock dude back on his ass with a bolt of light"
>>
>>63525946
Because JK Rowling is a fucking hack

>time turners exist!
>oh wait I wrote myself into a corner
>they don't exist anymore
>>
>>63526259
The series was comfy as fuck during the first three books when it was about kids learning about this brand new magical world.

It got fucking stupid when it became about genocide and government plots and whatever
>>
Voldemort did nothing wrong.
>>
*it ain't me starts playing*
>>
Let's talk about the real issues.

Why didn't Harry and Hermione ever fuck? They were way better suited for each other than the two Gingies were for them.
>>
>>63526575
>catch 22
>low tier

Fuck off retard
>>
A grain of sand isn't a proper vessel for the safekeeping of a soul. It could easily be diminished. Are you retarded?
>>
>>63526820
Because they were really brother and sister. You find that out in the third movie.
>>
so if i was in the harry potter universe and decided to make a horcrux out of a grain of sand and not be a dumbass like voldey i would be immortal forever correct?
>>
>>63526836
This was a troll image made by Quentin
>>
>>63526090
It's pretty clear in Book 7 when we have access to his thoughts. He really didn't see it coming.
>>
>>63526820
They probably did, but it was raw, adolescent sexual experimentation that wouldn't appeal to the romantic in readers
>>
>>63526616
It's actually one of the worst, dullest pastas. Hide it and forget it.
>>
>>63526860
Pretty much. Making 1 horcrux wouldn't fuck you up much.
>>
>>63526871
Nah, Harry is a fucking goober. No way did he ever get any.
>>
>tfw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie is gonna have a lethifold

I'm scared.
>>
>>63526575
Anyone who puts that garbage Atlas Shrugged as God tier can easily be ignored as a moron.
>>
File: 1442874694335.jpg (508 KB, 1180x1483) Image search: [Google]
1442874694335.jpg
508 KB, 1180x1483
>>63526575
My sentiments exactly. Rowling's magic world has no place for the numinous. It is written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip.

Its values, and everything in it, are, as Gatsby said of his own world when the light had gone out of his dream, ''only personal.'' Nobody is trying to save or destroy anything beyond Harry Potter and his friends and family.
>>
Why was so much focus put on Gryffindor and Slytherin? Ravenclaw had the best bitches, and Hufflepuff could have had great characters if given any screen time.
>>
>>63526860
No, it wouldn't even last over a week
>>
>>63526820
because it's 'different' than how most adventure stories go where the hero saves the world and gets the girl and of course rowling had to be 'different' to make herself feel smart

she even admitted that she should have had harry with hermione as they had much better chemistry and that her and ron would have likely eventually gotten a divorce
>>
>>63526654
Except for the part about "stretched his legs". If you have an electronic copy of the book, just run a search for the words "stretch" and "legs".
>>
>>63526220
>Fanfiction
>Better than the real thing
Haven't you heard of My Immortal.
>>
>>63527026
The book is still cliche after cliche
>>
>>63526575
>Stretched his legs
And here I realized this was a copypasta.
>>
>>63526259
They grew up with Harry Potter being really popular already and so grew tired of the popularity of it all. I feel the same way about twilight, when at the end if the day it wasn't much different. I don't care about the divergent movies or books, same with the hunger games brand. I had graduated HS and so that shit wasn't bombarded at me repeatedly.

A decade from now and Harry Potter is going to be looked at fondly, just like 90s tween pop and early 00s chick pop. You can blast NSync and Britney Spears as a male and you won't be seen as a fag that much, for example.
>>
I hope we're gonna get lots of Harry Potter threads in the near future with the incoming new movie. Right now it's half normal discussion and half baiters who want to seem sophisticated. And I remember so many good threads.
>>
>>63526862
Was Quentin able to start off Diamond Dogs? It's still weird to see people dislike weed and openly discuss religion here nowadays, and praise conservitards.
>>
>Harry Potter books
>semi-enjoyable novels suitable for their age group, fairly fun

>Harry Potter movies
>grimdark boring-as-shit multi-hour slogs with awful SFX
why
>>
>>63527023
i wish that harry and her had gotten together instead, much better chemistry

remember that scene with the both of them in the tent?
>>
>>63527167
Harry Potter is going to stay. It was successful enough and good enough. Narnia is still remembered for less. Can't say the same about other YA series because that's how it works. They were the followers.
>>
>>63527289
You just KNOW that they fucked.
>>
>>63527094
i think its like a real world monkey type writer situation. harry potter is so popular theres endless fanfic about it statistically some of it has to be good if not okay while the vast majority is hot garbage but theres so many monkeys and so many type writers that you can find gold
>>
>>63527213
Quentin wasn't the one who started those trends, it's mostly because 99% of the internet circle jerks incessantly about those things, so people on the chans make fun of them and support opposite positions just for the banter.
>>
>>63526627
This.
>>
>>63526154
He put a shitload of traps around them and hid them really well. Dumbledore had to spend 50 years or so hunting down all the clues and only managed to find two.
>>
What would've happened if he turned the moon into a Horcrux?
>>
>>63527711

Piccolo would have blown it up
>>
>>63527666
Crumbles didn't even know that Magic Hitler MADE Horcruxes until Harry's second year, and he didn't know how many until fifth.
>>
>>63525946
Someone actually has to use the horcrux in a ritual to resurrect you, potentially centuries in the future.
>>
>>63527759
He had suspected what was going on. Some of the memories he collected were like 40 years old and all related to Riddle, and also hid the book with the guide. The diary just confirmed his suspicion. It definitely wasn't a 2 year effort.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.