[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So many movies are cast with British, Australian and Irish young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: liam-hemsworth-chris-hemsworth5.jpg (115 KB, 630x830) Image search: [Google]
liam-hemsworth-chris-hemsworth5.jpg
115 KB, 630x830
So many movies are cast with British, Australian and Irish young leading men in this country as American characters in big Hollywood productions. Whether it's James McAvoy, Andrew Garfield, Chris or Liam Hemsworth, or Jamie Dornan, or Colin Farrell, or Christian Bale, or Aaron Taylor Johnson, or Jack O'Connell... I mean, the list goes on and on. Why do you think this is? And why don't young American actors get these roles? And why are the Brits and Aussies snagging them?
>>
>>63523980
Andrew Garfield is American. He was born in the USA but moved to England as a little kid.
>>
We got Leo.
>>
Australians have a higher average height and acting academies that aren't commie-infested, pay-to-educate-yourself hell holes, for what it's worth.
>>
>>63523980
if a girl tells me i look lik christian bale do i stand a good chance of putting my penis in her? or at least getting a casual hand job?
>>
hey look its this thread again
>>
Because americans are kucks by nature. It's deeply ingrained
>>
>>63523980
>Why do you think this is?

money

the foreigners will works for less
>>
>>63523980
accents are sexy
>>
The casting couch prefers uncut over cut these days.
>>
>>63524445
As opposed to americans who don't work at all
>>
File: 1418306639076.png (85 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1418306639076.png
85 KB, 255x255
>>63524496
You don't say
>>
British actors are better
>>
>>63523980
white americans are c.ucks to black people

they have to allow 10 nigger americans in as actors for every white american
>>
Its because they can act, their countries have numerous institutes that train people in acting chief among them being:
Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts
National Institute of Dramatic Arts
But many more as well
They still have a theatre tradition
They develop young talent

American media is all about the hot new thing. It cant develop talent.
And the population sure as hell wont spent muh taxes on guvmit arts programs.
>>
going to put the same answers as the last thread

>in america the drama kids are seen as weird nerds

>We don't invest in the Arts like those countries do.

>honestly I think this is a big reason. Any good looking guy with talent is going to be pushed towards sports or business, because thats what we expect from our alpha males here in Murica. Any guy like that attempts acting or creative work and hes instantly outed as a fag
>>
>>63524337
> and acting academies that aren't commie-infested, pay-to-educate-yourself hell holes, for what it's worth.
What? Its government funded
>commies are infesting private schools
>public arts institutions are open to free inquiry
lol you're so fucking polarized
>>
>>63524556
In Britain they have a large television industry that is funded by the public allowing more dramatic complex content where the actors can develop their skills
Not much of a film industry though

cable and video on demand in America is producing more mature content but it is often packaged around established actors, just like hollywood
Could True Detective have been made with unknowns?
>>
File: jai courtney shirtless.png (998 KB, 713x1050) Image search: [Google]
jai courtney shirtless.png
998 KB, 713x1050
why is he so perfect?
>>
Thor is not american.

Americans are usually better actors unless you throw us Benedict Cumberbatch or Anthony Hopkins. I think foreigners just work cheaper.
>>
File: hemsworths.jpg (61 KB, 634x495) Image search: [Google]
hemsworths.jpg
61 KB, 634x495
>>63523980
>the third Hemsworth brother
JUST
>>
>>63524590
Americans don't need state funding for fostering Bolshevism, dude. It just...happens. Fingers in EVERY pie.
>>
>>63525569
Why the fuck is he and Liam so ugly compared to Chris? Nigga is the most handsome man ive ever seen.
>>
>>63523980

its because americans are savage ugly keks. seriously, almost all of their "heroes" and mcs are aussies. can't blame them though, if I'm watching movie I'd like to see a savage good looking guy, not a fat ugly keked american
>>
>>63525839
Get a load of this ignorant uncultured insecure faggot.
>>
>>63525910

Hemsworth brothers
Russell crowe
hugo weaving
hugh jackman

hell you even loved fat amy even though she's a nobody here. kek
>>
>>63524572
Do you really think drama kids aren't seen as weird in Australia? Granted we don't have stereotypical jock bullies but drama isn't a cool thing to do
>>
>>63523980
and why can't we fucking deport those faggots back to sharia land
>>
>>63525839
This desu
>>
>>63525569
> 2 and a Hem men
>>
>>63525991
I did drama cause a lecturer recommended it for my social anxiety

All the guys were feminine manlets. It was hilarious. All the girls were SJW until I started opening my mouth about SJW being kucked and then half of them came to my side. By the end of the semester I'd caused a divide in their little cliques just by having a dissenting opinion.
>>
>>63525569
>middle sibling is the eldest
clearly, the mother was sleeping around or she divorced after the initial, failed batch of baby cells
>>
We are all racial kin, don't forget this

The white race is the most beautiful in the world
>>
american men are weak nerdy betas compared with the rest of the world
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.