[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>apple's ceo calls it oppurtunistic >it bombs and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
>apple's ceo calls it oppurtunistic
>it bombs and is pulled from theaters
>ashton kutcher's movie was more successful
>not nominated for best picture at the golden globes
>mad max takes it's place

Is there a movie production equivalent of JUST?
>>
>>63517960
If only Apple could have failed as bad as this movie.
>>
the fact that they gave a fuck about the idea of making films about steve jobs much longer than 'oh, wouldn't it be cool to make a film about steve jobs...actually, that'd be pretty shit'

ASTONISHES ME
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
It's a good movie but production was a total clusterfuck.
>>
>>63517960
i havent seen it or heard much about it, but it seems to have reviews above 85%? what about it bombed
>>
>>63518010

an opportunistic cash-grab after he died was kinda obvious, really. but TWO of them, yeah, no.
>>
>fassbender
>boyle
>sorkin
>le steve jobs visionary man

holy fuck this had oscar bait written all over it
>>
File: 1434959037640.png (134 KB, 317x392) Image search: [Google]
1434959037640.png
134 KB, 317x392
>>63517960
>>mad max takes it's place
Holy shit it's true.
BRAVO HOLLYWOOD
>>
>>63518010
Not really.

His entire gimmick was brand and cult of personality. I'd see them wanting to herd the sheeple in for some shekels while the getting was good.
>>
File: 123.png (14 KB, 209x264) Image search: [Google]
123.png
14 KB, 209x264
HAHAHAH OH WOW
>>
people don't want to spend $30 on anything that isn't a blockbuster viewing experience when they can watch it more comfortably at home

like why the fuck would you want to watch this in a theater?
>>
>>63518253

Why the fuck are you on this board?
>>
>>63518539
Pictures of cute actresses
>>
>>63518539
because he likes to watch stuff on his tv?
>>
>>63517989
THIS T B H
>>
Am I the only one that liked it? I went in ready to hate it but I thought it was actually very well-paced and balanced. I could see how the drooling normie apple-faggot crowd might find it boring though.
>>
>>63518588
Sadly you're about three years too late for that.
>>
If Fincher directed it it would probably win 10 more Oscars. He kinda fucked up there...
>>
File: 1372140942913.jpg (491 KB, 1164x1600) Image search: [Google]
1372140942913.jpg
491 KB, 1164x1600
I just think it's hilarious how two movies about Steve Jobs, named Jobs and Steve Jobs, came out within two years of each other and were both fucking horrible.
>>
>>63518207
it opened on like 2 screens
>>
>>63519668
then expanded to over 2,000.
>>
I think Hollywood seriously misjudged how interested the general public was in one, let alone fucking two biopics about Steve Jobs just 4(!!!) years after his death. I mean, I guess he was a big deal for a small part of society, while he was just a meme name for most. How the hell they figured they'd make the money back from these films I don't know.
>>
>>63519796
The Social Network was a huge success critically and commercially so they obviously thought there was interest in techshit.
>>
>make steve jobs look like a driven bussinessman
>apple says nothing

>make steve jobs look like a mindless marketing executive with no real idea how anything works
>apple CEO whines
>>
>>63517960
>Danny Boyle
>Aaron Sorkin
>Micheal Fassbinder
Someone tell me how the fuck does this movie fail?
>>
>>63519928
>Fassbender looks nothing like Jobs
>There was a movie about Jobs only 2 years ago (not counting documentaries)
>>
who wants a steve jobs movie in the first place?

i guess normies, since "omg he invented the iphone!!"

also two movies, seriously? who was responsible for this shit
>>
File: 1444746939472.jpg (94 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1444746939472.jpg
94 KB, 650x488
>yfw sony actually believed they lost the next citizen kane when they went to universal
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.