[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I get into the films of Takeshi Kitano I want to but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: cropped-sonatine_beat1.jpg (98 KB, 1000x437) Image search: [Google]
cropped-sonatine_beat1.jpg
98 KB, 1000x437
how do I get into the films of Takeshi Kitano

I want to but he always bores me

which one is the best
>>
>i want to but he's always boring

unless you force yourself like some try hard cunt, he's not for you.
>>
>>63510407
hello reddit
>>
Kikujiro's Summer is one of the only films that knows how to put a smile on my face. Its very charming, give it a go.
>>
>boring
probably because you're just not a fan of his film style, which is mostly long shots and stills of the environment of which the film exists in. it's a subdued but wide view worldbuilding
>>
I'm still confused as to what Outrage was about
>>
>>63510658

One man's war against his own fingers.
>>
>>63510407
>i dont like these movies
>how can i like these movies
maybe you should just accept your plebity
>>
>>63510641
but I really like Jarmusch

>>63510707
I wanna hear what do people like about them so I can understand Kitano better. there's elements of his movies I like but they never connect to me and I get bored after 20 mins
>>
Op you faggot you have to remove your fingers to enjoy his shit. you're not a pussy are you?
>>
Sonatine and Hana-Bi
>>
>>63510658
yaks conning yaks conning yaks
>>
>>63510874
couldn't get into Sonatine but I'm downloading a br of Hana Bi right now
>>
>>63510407
>not loving the cozy brutal sexualized style
Its like you actively try to stay plebbit
>>
>>63510407
Zatoichi.
>>
kitano is god tier japanese directors .. fuck off plebs
>>
>>63510407

O U T R A G E
U
T
R
A
G
E
>>
why is Violent Cop so fucking bad when pretty much all is other movies are good
>>
Never watched a Kitano film before. Where should I start?
>>
you don't have to like every movie
>>
>>63511647
they all have a very similar style. I'd say violent cop
>>
>>63511691
or sonatine
>>
>>63511647
Sonatine is the only one from his 90s peak with a decent version available online, I think. Only one I've seen and I loved it. Hana-bi, Kikujiro and Dolls all get Blu-rays next year
>>
his new one is pretty funny in a dry, deadpan way. It's like a Japanese RED
>>
Zatoichi is entry level that even the plebiest can enjoy (my wife hated it she is the worst)
>>
>>63511840
her boyfriend and son loved it though
>>
>>63510407
I fucking hate you, and I wish you were dead.
>>63510442
That goes double for you, you brain-dead man-child.
>>
>>63511615
It was his first and a remake.
>>
>>63511765
there's a german blu ray of Hana-bi
>>
>>63511765
hana bi and dolls have gotten mediabook releases in germany, since its japanese anyway, might want to get those, and rip some subtitle from kickass or something. The mediabooks are quite nice
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.