[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this industry so sexist? We need more women directors!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 19_1.6[1].jpg (28 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
19_1.6[1].jpg
28 KB, 500x281
Why is this industry so sexist?

We need more women directors!
>>
Caucasian doesn't mean white

Why are americans so stupid
>>
Fact: women are only allowed to direct when the subject matter glorifies violence against women like 50 Shades of Grey and American Psycho so Hollywood doesn't get yelled at by women's rights groups.
>>
>>63501438
No one implied otherwise.
>>
Are Jews considered Caucasian for this survey? If no then I'm somewhat surprised. The way /pol/ talks you'd think that "minority males" slice would be massive.
>>
There is a world of cold stone,
After a few seconds without Oxygen you'll die, a few days without water you'll die, a few weeks without food and you'll die
Some of us died,
some of us survived
Some of us built houses and towns,
some of us stayed in mud shacks
We invented institutions, civilization, industrial age, electricity, protocols, cameras, moving images, cinemas, hollywood...

Your chart would have 50% blacks if Africa developed some rivals to Hollywood, Britain, France industries.

Your chart would have 50% women if they bothered writing decent stories with interesting female characters, spent the money and took the risks to start a film, direct it etc.

Again its take the white mans achievements and split it amongst the world's populations

>omg 2 trillion dollars end up in white male hands each year!!

>ONLY 1 TRILLION GOES TO WOMEN? WE'RE HALF THE FUCKING POPULATION!!!!
>>
File: 00damn3.png (11 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
00damn3.png
11 KB, 429x410
>>63501422
The industry's not sexist.

It's not the white man's fault women and black men don't enter the production end more and instead demand the white man be providers for them who hand-feed them.

And you hear it all the time. Instead of creating their own sci-fi, fantasy, capeshit, and anything else every time the white man does something there they are saying "REPRESENTATION AND DIVERSITY OR WE'LL CALL YOU NAMES!"

They don't want to do those jobs. Instead they want to be in front of the camera being provided for by white men. And that's no one's fault but their own.
>>
>>63501422
We need more spike lee
you can't go wrong with spike lee
>>
File: Feminist best works.jpg (338 KB, 507x4879) Image search: [Google]
Feminist best works.jpg
338 KB, 507x4879
>>63501515

>implying

you misogynist pig disgust me. may I remind you that all of the items listed on my image are critically acclaimed and are considered works of art. how dare you belittle women's creativity and skill? how fucking dare you.

fuck you shitlord, you just ruined my day
>>
>>63501422
But aren't "Jews" a minority? Shouldn't they make up a bigger portion of directors
>>
>>63503506

All but Harry Potter was created by MEN.
>>
I do I hate women so much
>>
Feminists lost all credibility this week when they responded to calls for making women as equal draftees in the draft as men by having major bitch-fits and complaining.
>>
File: 1442316345837.jpg (25 KB, 394x458) Image search: [Google]
1442316345837.jpg
25 KB, 394x458
>>63501422
>jews
>caucasian
>>
Because it was build by white men for white men. You can build your own Hollywood, or go to Bolly or Nolly. Anybody who disagrees can fuck right off.
>>
I didn't realize director roles were deemed from upon high.
>>
>>63503506

> Mama Mia as an example of good.

I laughed and lost.
>>
KILL WHITEY
>>
>>63501422
Filmmakers aren't some elitist group anymore. Anyone can make a film now. You can learn everything you need to know online and you can buy all of the necessary equipment.

There are less female directors because most women don't have an interest in the subject and have no aspirations of becoming directors.

But groups that want more female filmmakers seem to want them fast tracked into positions where they'll be handed multi million dollar movies on a plate, just for being a woman. They don't want to climb the ladder like virtually every male director had to do.
>>
File: 1402575508281s.jpg (4 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1402575508281s.jpg
4 KB, 125x120
>>63503983
>jews
>white
>>
no wonder the quality of movies has gone down the shitter in the past fifteen or so years.
if no ideas come from the outside you're gonna end up seeing the same shit over and over again getting more and more retarded from sequel to sequel to remake to reboot, that's artistically incestuous.

the caucasian male creative genepool in hollywood is really corrupted right now.
>>
these threads are hilarious and refreshing
>>
>>63503506
That image always hurts my head. No one has ever argued that women don't belong in sci-fi. People only have a problem with female action stars when producers hire a 22 year-old, baby faced, flabby armed girl as their badass hero and expect audiences to be ok with it. There are no complaints aimed at Linda Hamilton or Emily Blunt because they put in the work to make themselves believable for the part.

Offering up The Hurt Locker and Mamma Mia as great pieces of work is kek-worthy. Whoever made the pic clearly doesn't know about a lot of great films made by women of the past.
>>
>>63503506
>divergent
>mama mia
>tina fey
>bridesmaids, a gender swapped version of the incredibly shitty hangover movies
>harry potter
Who picked these as good examples?
>>
>>63501422

What is it about the Caucuses that produce so much talent in America?
>>
>>63501422
>people from minorities end up being the minority of directors

Seems ok.
>>
>>63503506
>anime trash

lel
>>
>>63504326
literally nothing of value has ever come out of non-caucasian people
>>
I'm ok with liberals existing and pushing weakness and inadequacy on the dominant population, but why can't there be a homogeneous nation where virtuous principles are held in high regard?
>>
I work in the breeding industry and you won't fucking believe this, 100% of delivery are done by women. It's 2015 people, gotta let the men pop out some babies too.
>>
>>63501422
>jews as caucasian males

kek
>>
>>63504400

Russians would disagree. They don't like the Caucasians, who they call black.
>>
>>63504505
kak
>>
File: Jew.gif (12 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
Jew.gif
12 KB, 501x585
>>63501422
>caucasian
>>
>>63504505
Why do you think transgenderism is being pushed?
>>
>>63501422
we need a purge to get ride of the impurities
>>
>>63501422
since sjw is anti jew and uses caucasian to cover it up, does it mean they are red pill?
>>
>>63503949
Khazarians were closer to the Caucasus than WASPs.
>>
File: 1353941950766.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1353941950766.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>63503506
>mamma mia

9/10, bait of the week hands down
>>
>>63503506
>ruined my day
Hyperbole will ruin your whole manner of speech if you allow it.
>>
>>63503389
A religion doesn't count as an ethnicity.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.