[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Park
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
Anyone watch the new South Park tonight? Just finished it and it was an awesome episode. One of the best seasons I've seen in a long time and they finished off perfectly.

Spot on about the PC stuff and the way they tied it into being just ads and PC at the end was a great transition. Uniting against the common enemy but having to fight it in a PC way, "going to be really hard." Have to play their own game to fight it.

Opinions?
>>
Hands down the best ep of the season.
>>
File: 1435445652022s.jpg (2 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1435445652022s.jpg
2 KB, 100x100
Haven't laughed that hard in ages. I imagine this episode turned the tables on a lot of PC Principle haters. It's like what people night have felt if Jar Jar Binks ended up being a sith.

I can't say it enough, but I fucking hate Ads.
>>
Reddit.com, plz go away
>>
Where'd you see it? I'm assuming not tv because of the time, and I can't find anywhere to stream it.
>>
>>63496653

Kripp? Is that you?
>>
>>63496751
Its literally on right now on the west coast, halfway through
>>
>>63496790
I want to touch the kripparian
>>
>>63496653
I liked the concept of PC Principal and honestly thought he was a good character even though I hate the extreme ends of PC culture.

Despite disliking PC culture it was kinda moving to see that he actually believed in his shit and wasn't just "in it for more puss".
>>
>>63496858
Ah, gotcha. NC here senpai
>>
>>63496694
How's this not directly anti-reddit?
Shiggydiggyshill
>>
Would appreciate a stream, all the ones I could find wont load for shit
>>
>>63497409
This
>>
File: robert-redford.jpg (102 KB, 498x612) Image search: [Google]
robert-redford.jpg
102 KB, 498x612
>>63496790
No I'm obviously Robert Redford.
>>63496896
Agreed on all accounts.
>>63497409
Is CC not ok basic anymore? You could prolly find an antenna for 5 bucks.

I use watchseries for a lot of shows. You need adblock and noscript to avoid any of the bullshit on those links tho.
>>
I didn't get it.

so PCness is... not ideologically shit?
>>
>>63497409
the torrent is already out you dumbshits

fucken streamfags
>>
File: Let him go.png (393 KB, 670x474) Image search: [Google]
Let him go.png
393 KB, 670x474
Wasn't funny and the huge build up for who was behind the ads was for nothing, they're just aliens or something. Retarded. They were preparing for some massive twist ending and then they just ended it the least interesting way possible.

The last two episodes had no jokes. They just weren't funny, which is a shame because episode 8 had me pissing my pants with laughter, though that may just be because I live in a frat house.

I hope PCΔ returns next season.
>>
>>63497546
>so PCness is... not ideologically shit?

pc is good and if you dont think so youre a racist shitlord who should be murdered while shopping at whole foods
>>
Were the guns meant to represent something, or were they just guns?
>>
>>63497604
>Wasn't funny and the huge build up for who was behind the ads was for nothing

i was excited to see the end, but then nothing. i was waiting for cartman to explode in the most nonPC rant ever.

also in the gym at the end i though PC principal was going to get killed. but instead the imply its going to continue into next season.
>>
>>63497707
they were just guns because guns are great
>>
>>63496474
I didn't find this episode very funny. Nothing really happened. The season really petered out here after funnier episodes earlier on.

I recently binged Nathan For You and it's been the funniest show I've seen in a while though.
>>
File: Hayden-Panettiere-Feet-566614.jpg (1002 KB, 1656x2920) Image search: [Google]
Hayden-Panettiere-Feet-566614.jpg
1002 KB, 1656x2920
its like the only jokes that take place this season is the garrison/bruce banter and randy doing funny voices

they built up the whole season to make some political point but then they never actually made a point...why?
>>
Not that funny desu. Remember the last good episode with Jimmy? It was the one where he tried to get laid.
>>
>>63496474

Based PC principal
>>
>>63497720
PC Principal is hilarious and I'm glad they're keeping him around, I want them to keep his frat around as well. But the ending was just a huge disappointment. The guns weren't funny, they should have cut that retarded aspect of the finale and just written in an interesting climax instead of "hurr Whole Foods alien durrrrrr"
>>
It was pretty disappointing desu senpai.

There was no reveal to the PC safe space, and nothing came of the whole ads and political correctness thing.

Made the whole season feel like a waste.
>>
>>63496474
All that build up for nothing, unless the next season is meant to bridge directly where this one left off, but even then it's not okay to just drop the season like that. They kinda just ended the season without a proper payoff, disappointing... but I guess it was alright up until it ended.
>>
>>63497968
Yeah what the fuck was their thesis for political correctness, that it somehow enabled companies to advertise more?
I mean feminism is an economic tool, it always was, and if you want to make fun of that go ahead. But political correctness as a whole is not funded by capitalists, it's simply a new-age ideology that won't last another ten years. I don't see the correlation between ads and PC. I was hoping there was, but there wasn't.

Where the fuck did PCΔ go? Why was their house abandoned?
Fuck it was a waste of time. I didn't care that episode 9 had no jokes because I thought the pay off would be great but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
The ending was dope. Excellent social commentary and had a lot more connections than some probably picked up on
>>
Okay so I haven't been watching, but has every episode this season been the exact fucking same? Everything I'm reading about it is just the same PC jokes.
>>
>>63498095
>>63498095
>had a lot more connections than some probably picked up on

enlighten us, reddit
>>
only thing that made me laugh
>>
This episode also showed, that you don't have to shoot people, or even have bullets for guns to be effective.
>>
File: deweyconsider.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
deweyconsider.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
That gun exchange between Cartman and his mom and the first one between Stan and his Dad redeemed the last 5 seasons.

Also go rewatch the episode if you don't believe me, but the last 5 minutes is them pretty much saying "Rich jews want to kill gentiles"
>>
i just kept screaming, "NO NO NO NO NO NO!" at the Ex-Machina reference. decent season.
>>
Disappointed after all that build up but I did like
>classi
>guns making the marshes closer
>gun show being a dog show
>pc principal staying
>garrison-jenner 2016 plotline continuing next season
>>
>>63496694
Hellooo fellow redditor!
>>
File: raders.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
raders.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>63498141
>When Randy recognized her
>>
I was disappointed by the lacklustre ending. PC Principal didn't get his comeuppance and his arc is still at its peak. Nathan was amazing. Best line in the ep was from him about how political correctness is just a semantic form of gentrification. I loved the Stan vs. Kyle dynamic. Not sure wtf was up with the guns thing. Also they never really went balls out crazy like I was hoping, the only hint of that was when the Whole Foods uprooted and floated off into heaven.
>>
LINK?
>>
File: 43535222.jpg (24 KB, 471x260) Image search: [Google]
43535222.jpg
24 KB, 471x260
>>63496474
The ending was horribly disappointing. But at least it wasn't AS shitty as season 18's finale. Was expecting PC principle to say shut up Leslie one last time, that expelled comment was pretty weak.

>and who the fuck was that dude in the mayor's photo from Tweek x Craig episode?
>>
doesnt it only take like a day to make a south park episode? why do they even have seasons?
>>
>>63499070
PC principal is better to keep around, he's a great fun character, and can be used to further make fun of PC people
>>
File: dewey question.jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
dewey question.jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>63499164

You're a computer program.
>>
>>63499164
I bet you love MACs don't you faggot?
>>
>>63499070
My guess is they ended up liking him too much to write him off.
>>
>>63499195
>>63499215
Stop trying to make me buy a Mac Leslie, shut that piehole Leslie
>>
This was the best season in ages.

- Fleshing out Barbrady's character as a vulnerable, good hearted klutz
- The sassy dynamic between Garrison and Jenner is fucking hilarious
- The Butters romance with Charlotte I actually really liked and thought it was cute
- Cartman's wacky antics taking a back seat
- Tweek/Craig yaoi
- Nathan pretending to be way more retarded than he is to save his skin
- Jimmy telling PC Principal to fuck off
>>
>>63499222
This. Now they'll be able to continue mocking modern social justice and have a great character to do it with.
>>
I haven't watched South Park for 15 or 16 years

It sounds really gay now, like it just tries too hard and gave up being funny and just goes after shit
>>
>>63497903
What was the correct answer to the question?

Brown?
>>
>>63499257
>Tweek/Craig yaoi
kill yourself, weeb.
>>
>>63499280

Watch it, you faggot. It's not like that at all.
>>
File: check-your-privilege.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
check-your-privilege.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>63496474
>yfw BASED PC Principle
>yfw /pol/ BTFO
>>
File: 1448505635985.png (3 MB, 2326x1371) Image search: [Google]
1448505635985.png
3 MB, 2326x1371
>>63499394
>mfw some tumblrina thinks PC principal staying is a victory for social justice and not the opposite so they can keep ripping on PC/SJW's
>>
>>63499070
>PC Principal didn't get his comeuppance

He got it when Jimmy was calling him out on his shit.
>>
so what's going to happen to principal victoria?
>>
>>63499523
Does anyone care? she's a literally who character that did nothing the previous seasons.
>>
Kind of a pointless season, they focused heavily on plot which a long drawn out storyline with very little to show for it at the end.
Also I had really hoped that the whole foods would descend down to hell with saddam
>>
>>63499446
This I was happy to see PC bro stay, GREAT season
>>
>spot on

spot on opinion, OP
>>
The send-ups of PC and gentrification were top notch. The ads bits were good in of themselves but seemed out of place, they should have saved it and done another full season arc just on attack of the ads. The effect of guns was hilarious. Classi was great.
I expected the Whole Foods to implode like in Poltergeist and was a little sad it didn't.
>>
>>63499355
all the /pol/ tier shitposting on /tv/ tells me it is
>>
>>63497474 >>63497544 >>63497562
>Would appreciate a stream, all the ones I could find wont load for shit

http://putlocker (dot) is/watch-south-park-tvshow-season-19-episode-10-online-free-putlocker.html
>>
>>63499711
>I expected the Whole Foods to implode like in Poltergeist
Me too. But I guess they already did that in the Walmart episode from years back
>>
>>63499823
i was expecting a kumbaya a la the walmart episode
>>
File: PCprin.jpg (4 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
PCprin.jpg
4 KB, 160x90
>>63496694
>>63496896
>>63497241
>>63497921
>>63498994
>>63499164

All these posts were made by a computer.
>>
The parallels they drew between ads and gentrification and PC culture were uncharacteristically insightful, and the execution was better than it's been in years. Keeping PC Principal on as a recurring character seems like a last minute cop-out though, they were totally building towards him being an ad.
>>
>>63500086
He's a funny character though, so Im glad they are keeping him. Principal Victoria has never done anything memorable. I was expecting/hoping Kyle would give a big speech at the end
>>
File: right in the honor.png (64 KB, 459x307) Image search: [Google]
right in the honor.png
64 KB, 459x307
felt like the whole buildup was for nothing

disappointed desu
>>
desu senpai, anyone who didn't enjoy this season is LITERALLY an ad
>>
anyone else get the feeling the very end might have been added after the terrorist stuff? the rest of the season didn't seem to have story connected to anything national, then they had God Bless America playing at the end.
>>
I think it's stupid to say that the episode wasn't a good conclusion. The whole point being made was within the dialogue about how PC is a language gentrification, it connects the spread of PC along with the changes that were made in the town. This sheds more light on the commentary they are making on PC culture, when you consider how the gentrification of south park effected its people. I think the point they were making in this episode is this: PC isn't inherently bad, but its goals can be be extremely counterproductive. I thought this was a nice conclusion, since the whole season they were basically just shitting on PC (which I welcomed, but the ending morale was necessary). I'm kind of still trying to figure out exactly how the whole foods / ads thing all ties into this, but it makes some sense in my head when considering the gentrification metaphor. Kind of a weak way to end the episode, but I still enjoyed it. And obviously all of the gun commentary added in there on top of everything felt pretty fresh. I lost my shit when they revealed the Purina sponsored gun show.
>>
>>63500380
>I lost my shit when they revealed the Purina sponsored gun show.
I don't get it
>>
>PC is good
>guns are bad
Quality libkuck propaganda.
>>
>>63496474
It was pretty uneventful though, I feel like it went by too quickly. It felt more like a summary of an episode.
>>
>>63500427
It was funny because the viewer is expecting a regular gun show and then it turns out to be a gun show in the style of a Purina dog show. Not a lot to get.

>>63500480
I felt this way too, I think they just built up too many ideas in the last two episodes that they had to really try and tie up everything and 22 minutes was a difficult amount of time to do that in. The build up was ambitious but I don't know how they honestly expected to be able to conclude on everything and still have it play out like a normal episode.
>>
>>63500427
Purina sponsor all the dog shows which is what they were parodying. The gun show was also pretty funny.

I didn't like PC Principal staying. He should be off still taking down the sodosopas of the world but I guess it was SP's way of saying this PC shit isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>63500451
That wasn't the message at all you chuckle fuck.
>>
>>63500529
What I'm disappointed most about us how they ditched the blade runner idea, they could've made a pretty good ending, usually theyre good at endings but this time of was just underwhelming. They just kind of explained the whole thing really quickly and Caitlyn hit some more people.
>>
>>63499719
>listening to stormniggers
>ever
Well there's your problem
>>
>>63499287
it was a quote from blade runner.
>>
>PC principal staying on as principal
>Victoria wont be principle again
;_;
>>
So, PC culture is good and speech should be limited based on someone's subjective experience of offense. Gotcha.
>>
Same as last year's finale
It was weak
>>
>>63500760
Why do you care? Principal Victoria has no actual personality.
>>
Two buttons exist. One prevents you from seeing PC content, the other prevents you from seeing ads. Forever.

Which do you press?
>>
>>63500789
>Can't/Shouldn't call someone a fat faggot cunt whore
>Thinks this is somehow a violation of free speech

There's a difference between PC culture inhibiting free speech, and just not being a dick. I don't totally disagree with you, but only a sith deals in absolutes.
>>
>>63500830
I'd prefer a void to a gimmick I've become bored with already.
>>
>>63500841
I go read a book.
>>
>>63500841
That's vague af
>>
>>63500925
then interpret it however you want and make a decision, leslie
>>
>>63499287
The correct answer is asking why would someone do such a cruel thing to the turtle.

But the true correct answer from Do Androids Dream About Electric Sheep has nothing to do with the words, it's in your eye twitch when asked this question
>>
File: you PC brah.png (407 KB, 892x1409) Image search: [Google]
you PC brah.png
407 KB, 892x1409
>>63500848
More like
>Can't discuss how Muslim ideology is the root of terrorists attacks because that would make you a racist
or
>Certain costumes and media should be banned or changed because some people might find them offensive
>>
>>63499152
It's hard work, dude.
>>
>>63496653
OJ PURED AND CANDLE LIT
WITH
THIS
CHANT
I SUMMON
KRIPP
R
I
P
P
>>
was this the season finale? some of my friends said it was. it if was then im gonna be pissed. it was extremely underwhelming and an unsatisfying ending.

I always thought cartman was somehow tied to everything or was at least trying to game the system like he always does. He even tried to be trans for a while, and Im sure he would have sold out to the ads in a heartbeat.
what happened with kennys job and that one mexican kid? did they resolve that or what? did all the kids get fired once shitpatown or w/e happened?
Why was there no connection to the hologram episode? companies were replacing singers with holograms, why didnt randy mention anything about how the same thing is happening with ads?
I thought butters girlfriend was going to be an ad for sure. I expected her to say "remember to buy me specific brand™ chocolate and roses for my birthday" or some not-so-subtle thing.
Im surprised they didnt have any christmas stuff. jesus lives in south park still right? i thought they would have brought up that christmas is one giant ad and jesus would be against that or something.
Im disappointed they didnt have a meta joke for the 3 episode advertisement for the stick of truth.

it feels like the episodes had to many loose ends
>>
>>63501104
>guns make everything better
>PC is necessary to combat people trying to deceive us
>Kyle is stupid Jew who thinks with his dick
>>
Why the fuck are there 3-4 adds today?
>>
>>63501104
oh and no crab/cr-ad people
>>
>>63501104
I was hoping that the whole thing is an ad for a new video game or something. Alas.
>>
>>63498081
>But political correctness as a whole is not funded by capitalists, it's simply a new-age ideology that won't last another ten years. I don't see the correlation between ads and PC.
Uh

What ever happened to occupy wallstreet?

And what replaced it.

You guys are fucking idiots
>>
Why the fuck did Leslie set PC principal free?
Why was there no Kyle speech?

The whole ending was rushed as fuck and made no sense to me.
>>
>>63500995
I wish muslims werent brown so the left would criticize them as much as they do christians
>>
>>63499029
That made me laugh out loud.

>Randy...
>>
>>63497241
You realize Leslie might as well have represented 4chan instead of Reddit right?
>>
>>63500995
In tumblrs defense, that guy is obviously a fucking crackpot for wearing that shirt on a media day
>>
>>63501330
i think they've worked on the first game for 4 years. i don't think they'll release another in 2
>>
>>63502318
>In tumblrs defense

Said no one ever, fuck off, it's a shirt.
>>
>>63502318
he landed a spacecraft on a fucking comet m8 he can wear whatever he wants. it's his show
>>
>>63502489
so he could have worn a shirt that said
>kill all jews
or
>I rape children in the ass?

I mean of course he's allowed to, but I don't see what's wrong about calling him out for it.
>>
>>63502574
It's a fucking shirt dude who fucking cares, also that's some pretty bad analogy you just made.
>>
>>63502574
You're a retarded tumblrette

>Women in bikinis
Is legal compared to your retarded analogies
>>
>>63496474
The last two (three?) episodes were just plain bad. I isn't even related to the story or whatever. but just the way that the jokes are presented to us was so cheesily bad, I felt like I was watching some stupid family comedy. It felt like matt&trey had more important projects on their hands and just handed the last three episodes to a bunch of reddit interns and giving them some vague guidelines about plot development.
>>
>>63500995
>Muslim ideology is the root of terrorists attacks
>implying it isnt western countries fucking up the middle east for the past 200 years
>>
>>63501676
Christians are criticized because Christians are among us trying to get us to come to their faggoty bible study groups. If you had a bunch of stink bearded middle-eastern men around where you live harassing you to go to their mosque, then you'd have much more criticism of them.
>>
File: ISIS monty python.png (276 KB, 743x1152) Image search: [Google]
ISIS monty python.png
276 KB, 743x1152
>>63502679
>>
>>63499029
>>63498141
>/b/ tier comedy
>>
>>63502665
I'm just saying he cannot wear "whatever he wants". I don't mind the shirt actually, I don't think the objectification of women is a problem. But it's retarded to say that it's impossible to wear stuff that would be culturally unacceptable.
>>
>>63500888
Nice trips
>>
>>63502876
In what third world country you live were women in bikinis are "culturally unacceptable"?
>>
I was hoping Bruce Jenner would've drove through the school and ran over PC Principal when he was giving his speech.
>>
>>63502906
>I don't mind the shirt actually
>>
>>63502910

>realize now that Leslie's interruptions made perfect sense in context

fucking ads
>>
>>63499287

I would think the PC answer is 'there's no way to tell and it doesn't matter'
>>
Worst episode of the season.
They could've gone all out and instead they made a shit episode without revealing anything.
Aliens ? Really ? No crab people ? No nothing ?
Feels bad man.
>>
>>63501676
>muslims
>brown
It's a global religion. You can find Muslims in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Eastern Europe, Balkans...
Not all Arabs are Muslims.
>>
>>63502689

That's just not true. In European cities, such as my own, Islam has an obvious presence, probably even more than Christianity, since most Christians live in rural areas.

Criticizing Islamic ideas is very often seen as racist or bigoted. Those that do criticize it almost always add some criticism of 'the west' or Christians, to make it seem they are 'fair'.

Ofcourse, when 'the west' or Christianity is criticized, nobody expects remarkts about Islam or other non-western ideologies to make it fair.
>>
>>63503111
Nice trips
>>
>>63502701

Glorious.

Have an upboat.
>>
File: 1448755508799.jpg (58 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1448755508799.jpg
58 KB, 592x592
>>63502318
So what you're saying is;

He was asking for it because of the clothes he decided to wear.
>>
>>63503200
>>63503211
Checked
>>
I really didn't like the continuity at first but it's grown on me
>>
It was a pretty good season, but that finale was really weak.
>>
Loved the season but the ending felt really underwhelming.
>>
I liked the season but I expected more from the finale.
>>
The season was great but I was let down by this last episode.
>>
season good finale not as good
>>
File: 1439550756440.png (125 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1439550756440.png
125 KB, 500x500
>>63503365
>>63503396
>>63503422
>>63503442
>>63503468
>>
>>63503365
>>63503396
>>63503422
>>63503442
>>63503468
/tv/ - Asperger's and Autism
>>
>>63503495
I'm gonna miss leslie though. Hope some other girl shows up wearing the same shirt. Also kyle is still blueballed and hasn't had a single gf, hell cartman got a kiss before kyle did. Kennys had multiple gfs. Even BUTTERS now have a gf.
>>
File: 1415440243227.jpg (61 KB, 520x442) Image search: [Google]
1415440243227.jpg
61 KB, 520x442
>>63503365
>>63503396
>>63503422
>>63503442
>>63503468
>>
>>63497888
fishdicks was a good jimmy ep senpai
so was cripple summer camp
>>
>>63503583
>>63503512
>>63503495
>>63503468
>>63503442
>>63503422
>>63503396
>>63503365
Stop this samefagging
>>
>>63503495
>>63503512
>>63503583
>>63503618
>Tfw didn't samefag, but no one will believe no matter what
I'm not even gonna bother taking a screenshot, since it will just be called fake
>>
>>63503618
Eh, sort of.

>>63503654
I will.
>>
File: 4t.png (16 KB, 573x328) Image search: [Google]
4t.png
16 KB, 573x328
>>63503654
me neither
>>
File: semisamefag.png (7 KB, 344x187) Image search: [Google]
semisamefag.png
7 KB, 344x187
>>63503682
wot

Image didn't attach.
>>
File: 1437722140684.jpg (221 KB, 953x988) Image search: [Google]
1437722140684.jpg
221 KB, 953x988
>>63503857
wew
>>
I think the ending was a great metaphor for Islamic extremism.

>We have to fight Islamic terrorists by being as nice to Muslims as possible.

This is literally the logic leftists have.
>>
>we want the Reddit audience: the season
>>
I've enjoyed most of this season, but I thought the final episode was a poor ending. Just a rushed neat little bow on it and didn't really mean anything.

How exactly where the Ads misusing PC? What was their goal? It just felt crammed into the final couple of episodes because it seemed they didn't know where they were going with this whole storyline.
>>
I have a feeling they were planning something completely different and in the end they just hopped on the gun bandwagon and scrapped most of the original plot.
>>
>>63502707
>/b/ tier shitpost
>>
The last two episodes were far too edgy for their own good.

The moral of the story should have been that if you take things to far you become as dangerous as the other extreme of the spectrum

Lots of the social justice "ideas" sound nice but simply dont work in the real work because people dont live in a hugbox. Ignoring reality and facts and taking too many notes from facism is whats the problem with the modern left
>>
>>63497903
I think above all else, we have to give credit to a beautifully animated fight scene.

Seriously, most shows can't animate fight scenes for shit. Only even a few anime shows do it well.
>>
File: screen.png (802 KB, 997x561) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
802 KB, 997x561
that moment you see that the gun show is sposnored by a dog/cat food company
>>
>>63503111
99.9 percent of them are brown.
>>
>>63496474

I didnt like this season. Sure, they mocked pc but in a very obvious and undiscrete way. Also overused jokes gets very tireing in the end.
>>
>>63502679
Yeah, must have been the western countries causing Muslim expansionists to almost take over all of Europe before the First Crusade. Keep dreaming, Ahmed.
>>
>>63498141
I didn't notice before, but that bellhop looks really uncomfortable
>>
Really poor payoff. I'm also tired of PC Principal, mostly because their jokes about PC people fall flat and are overly drawn out.
>>
>>63500086
>totally building towards him being an ad.
I thought he was some new evolution of an ad-blocker, always telling Leslie to shut the fuck up.
>>
>Creek stayed canon

Best finale.
>>
>>63504723
Like in Southeast Asia?
>>
Pretty shitty season. Very obvious and undiscrete, also overusing the same jokes over and over again.
>>
>>63504899
What? South East Asians are incredibly brown.
>>
>>63504994
There are Muslims in Southeast Asia. Especially Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Brunei.
>>
>>63505028
Yes, and they are all brown.
>>
>>63505042
Darker than negroids?
>>
>>63505042
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you trying to say there aren't different shades of brown?
>>
File: 130809809380.png (249 KB, 766x413) Image search: [Google]
130809809380.png
249 KB, 766x413
>>63496474
I was disappointed. They unsuccessfully tried to mix two different storylines that would have worked much better on their own, possibly as themes for different seasons; political correctness and the SJW mainstream on the one hand and on the other the omnipresence of ads. The idea to have SJWarriors be the spawn of the ads (SJW as a means to sell alternative lifestyle-related products) was a cool inspiration, but after a while they decided to not pursue that path. Another good idea had been posted here (in /tv/), that the whole season would be a huge ad for the next South Park vidya. That would deflate any sort of message the season would have had, but it would have been hilarious. Anyhow it didn't come to pass at all.

By the way, I happen to have the Stick of Truth, but I've never played it. Is it any good? How is it in terms of a storyline since we are're in /tv/ anyway? Has it had any effect on the tv series that has aired since? Plot-wise, I mean. Is it like a dream or an imaginary story? Keep the spoilers at a minimum please.
>>
File: argentina.jpg (93 KB, 680x543) Image search: [Google]
argentina.jpg
93 KB, 680x543
>>63505128
Whiter than argentina
>>
>>63505208
Kek
>>
>>63500008
This post was made by an ant
>>
So what was the purpose of having the PC/SJW theme? I did not find it funny nor did I see any other point other than "lol sjw militants" and "lol public peer pressure to be PC" which lasted for 10 episodes and had literally no payoff whatsoever. None of the episodes are memorable nor will they ever make me feel like I need to rewatch that certain episode.

This season was pure shit even though I myself am an anti-sjw. Caricatures of overly PC people is not funny in and of itself, especially when it has Adam Sandler tier cleverness in it and is dragged for 10 episodes.
>>
>>63505186
It's pretty great. Funnier than most of the new South Park episodes anyway. It doesn't affect the show's story in any way, but it does feel like a South Park episode. It's not a dream or anything like that, it's boys LARPing.
>>
>>63505186
It literally feels like playing a South Park episode, go play it now
>>
So, will they continue these storylines in the next season? Didn't feel like an actual ending.
>>
>>63504915
>undiscrete
not divided into distinct parts?
>>
>>63505186
kenny is final boss
>>
>>63505363
he was trying to say it was continuous
>>
>>63499302
The episode was literally making fun of weebs.
>>
>>63500302
This is pure speculation, but I think that they might have changed the ending based on the recent shooting. They were building up towards something crazy violent happening at the gun show, either everyone shooting each other or some other outside force trying to kill them, and then they had the Whole Foods flying away instead.
>>
I really hope the first scene of next season is
>SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIEHOLE, BUTTERS
I want to see an episode called "PC vs PC" (Professor Chaos). I'm so glad PC Principal is sticking around, he's got more potential comedy than Randy ATM.

Stunning and Brave - 7/10
Where My Country Gone - 6/10
The City Part of Town - 7/10
You're Not Yelping - 8/10
Safe Space - 10/10
Tweek x Craig - 10/10
Naughty Ninjas - 9/10
Sponsored Content - 8/10
Truth and Advertising - 5/10
Final Justice - 7/10

Best overall/consistent season of South Park ever, though.
>>
>>63497707
the guns just made people listen to each other and work together
>>
>Classi was the best part of the episode
>>
>>63500848
>can't freely offend someone
>thinks somehow this isn't a violation of free speech
ayy fucking lmao, apparently free speech is too complicated a concept for you
>>
>>63498136
>U like what I dont u reddit now
>>
>>63500139
She could though, remember when she let Wendy beat the fuck out of Cartman for being an ass?
>>
>>63497707
It represented the notion that underneath all the PC bullshit and nonsense ways we treat each other that most people genuinely do care about each other, it's just obfuscated by all the shit we have to deal with on a daily basis. Pulling a gun out, making it a genuine life or death situation, cut through all the shit and escalated all the conflicts to the point where people had to acting real and sharing their actual feelings.
>>
>>63496474
Classi makes my dick diamond hard
>>
>>63496474
Just like the first episode of the season I do not know what the last episode of the season was trying to convey. Things were simpler when Kyle would give a five minute speech at the end of the episode making a point and then everybody would tell him to fuck off. That way I knew where the creators stood. TFW can't follow South Park anymore.
>>
>>63505988
She's a nasty slut. Have fun with your herpes.
>>
Fuck Kyle.
>>
>>63506072
No, fuck Randy.
>>
>>63506037
That's the whole point amigo. Even if you are critiquing things about society that are ostensibly bad on a television show, you are still not only inadvertently reinforcing societal norms but doing it on a platform that is ultimately designed to sell you stuff.
>>
The whole ad plot was shit, but PC Principle is a fun character
>>
Mega?
>>
>>63506121
In that context it makes a bit more sense. It's not like Matt and Trey are Satoshi Kon or something so when the message isn't clear the show really loses a lot of entertainment value. It might just be the time and place I watched it though and I needed more coffee first or something.
>>
>>63502679
200 years? Sorry, learn your history you colossal fucking chode read a fucking book the TURKS fucked up their own shit and the balkans until WWI and when their shitty empire broke down because they sided with the evil as fuck Germans the Western powers came in and tried to fix their mess but since the place is such a fucking shithole in the first place not much could be done really.
>>
File: PI2.jpg (132 KB, 1584x1584) Image search: [Google]
PI2.jpg
132 KB, 1584x1584
>>63502679
>le ebul crusaders XD XD
>>
>>63502679
>wah, we got our asses handed to us so easily
>wah, when they left us to go rule our countries ourselves nothing got any better
and blacks are oppressed today because of shit rom over a hundred years ago. at a certain point people need to take personal responsibility for their situation. you'll figure that out when you move out of mommy and daddy's.
>>
Guys, Kaitlyn Jenner is stunning and brave baka desu senpai
>>
>>63506164
I think it might be the most difficult episode to figure out what their message is yet. It's there, but it's pretty deeply buried.
>>
>>63504668
everyone CAN do it, but most anime are made to be profitable. Cutting corners where passable.

They're just tools to sell the manga. Not because they need to recreate the story and fixing what's broken. South Park has a much higher budget as-well. When you start seeing 3d cars, that's when you should worry
>>
>>63505587
>making fun
>portraying them as qt grills instead of overweight manbeards with poor hygiene
Sure thing bud. They totally made fun of the yaoi fanbase
>>
>>63506292
>no cross on Constantinople
Nice disinfo
>>
Anyone else thought Mackey getting shot would have saved the finale? It was obvious that either Leslie or PC Principe would die. I thought it would be way more meaningful if they killed off Mackey.
>>
>>63505632
very possible
>>
File: ants.gif (226 KB, 238x206) Image search: [Google]
ants.gif
226 KB, 238x206
>>63505268
>>
>>63496897
Nostalgia Critic please leave
>>
>>63496474
>10 episodes
>season

how do they get away with this shit
>>
>>63507752
Why dontchya know, they're song and dance men now!
>>
>>63502318
He was wearing it because his girlfriend made it for him...
>>
>>63507818
>girlfriend
No, it was a female friend that he was most definitely not fucking. Let's not act like this guy is getting laid.
>>
>>63497707
War against Muslims. Holy shit, is everybody here dimwitted?
>>
>>63503947
Yes, that was the point. I checked /r/southpark, there wasn't even one mention about this. Reddit is too stupid to understand.
>>
>>63507898
Holy fuck Reddit is retarded.

>South Park is feeling the bern i think. Garrison/Jenner/Bernie 2016? Rewatch the trilogy with this mindset if you are doubting me at first read. That was sponsored content.
>>
>>63501104
>what happened with kennys job and that one mexican kid? did they resolve that or what? did all the kids get fired once shitpatown or w/e happened?

Kenny might still be working there and Daveed is now a permanent resident.

>Why was there no connection to the hologram episode? companies were replacing singers with holograms, why didnt randy mention anything about how the same thing is happening with ads?
Because different story. South Park usually has different villains every episode. And different stories to boot. Last season featured Celebrities. This season was about Ads and PC Culture.

>Im surprised they didnt have any christmas stuff. jesus lives in south park still right? i thought they would have brought up that christmas is one giant ad and jesus would be against that or something.

Okay dude...fuck you. Christmas has always been about presents. Giving presents to other people. The fact that people have been able to capitalize on the buying and selling of presents is merely a byproduct of that. Christmas itself isn't to blame.
>>
>>63505765
>Truth and Advertising
Nigga plz that was one of the best episode
>>
I understand why PC principal is kept around, he became a solid character that they wanna use going forward.

However, his message of "we need to be PC" to fight ads, doesn't really mesh with the recent build up of episodes or the theme of South Park, which has always shit on the idea of being PC.

I'm glad he's staying on, but it felt very unsatisfying that the last note we get from this season is that we all need to be PC.
>>
>>63500976
Thank you
>>
>>63496474
Underwhelming, previous episode was a lot better
>>
>everyone gets guns
>no one shots anyone

didn't know Matt and Trey where Rethuglicans
>>
Should have went with Crab People.
>>
>>63508446
A shootout was too obvious an angle.
>>
>>63508196
Dig a little deeper, you're on the right track.
>>
>>63508446
They are libertarians
>>
>>63508446
Fucking stop this, every thread people are saying they are pushing some agenda or shilling. It is south park they take something relevant and piss on it because people will find it funny, that is it.
>>
>>63508446
>everybody has a gun
>no one gets killed
>it leads to them talking and solving problems

They were being absurd with it.
>>
File: 1448393622617.jpg (25 KB, 288x467) Image search: [Google]
1448393622617.jpg
25 KB, 288x467
>>63508506
South park has literally always had political messages.
>>
>>63508643
Bullshit.
>>
File: analogy police.gif (162 KB, 1000x449) Image search: [Google]
analogy police.gif
162 KB, 1000x449
>>63502574
>comparing pretty women to genocide
>>
>>63508446
When everyone is in a position to kill or be killed, all that is left is to talk it out. Standoffs are kind of how we "got past" the whole nuclear weapons thing. So long as no one too crazy/irrational gets ahold of weapons or if they do, they get neutralized by the saner ones, it's the objectively safest way to go.
>>
>>63499215
the word "faggot" marginalizes gay people and you are a bigot Sharon
>>
>>63508820
Meanwhile, IRL SJWs want to ban words, and ban arguing, because it's "triggering" to for someone to disagree with them.

When you take away talking it out, all that's left is fighting.
>>
>>63508648
It had political messages in the movie already, which came out before season 3.
>>
>>63508834
Saying gay is putting lgbt and all it's branches into one group when they're actually individuals and that's a microagression
>>
So the ads were just one massive ISIS allegory. Disappointing.
>>
File: 532fcbe01605fb35f80000e3.jpg (5 KB, 164x158) Image search: [Google]
532fcbe01605fb35f80000e3.jpg
5 KB, 164x158
>>63508930
lol what
>>
>>63509093
At least in this last episode.
Rewatch the final speech.
>>
>>63509110
I dont see where you got that from
>>
>>63509150
>using the internet to manipulate our youth
>invisible foe that want us to all die
>we must stand together against them
>we are at war and can only win by being pc aka not alienating muslims
>america the brave plays in the background
>>
>>63509223
Hmmm i get more of a banker vibe from that
>>
>>63496896
This is coming from somebody who hasn't watched South Park since 2005 (and who rarely browses /tv/): I was told early into this season that they'd touched upon something truly relevant in PC Principal, and since returning to the show this season I've considered him the saving grace of the entire series. I thought this show was done a long time ago, but so many of the PC jokes just go over so well when your Facebook newsfeed is full of SJWs and PC police like mine is.

I mean, the PC frat party episode where PC principal comes up stares and says "Rise 'n shine guys, if you scored last night I'm going to need to see your consent forms" was one of the genuinely funny things I've seen from the show in years. For once it's a topic WORTH poking fun at, nothing feels forced or just plain unnecessary like a lot of South Park's schtick.
>>
>>63502574
My father wore a shirt that slyly said "FUCK" all over it to my high school graduation.

I didn't like it, but it really wasn't hurting anyone.
>>
>>63503594
>so was cripple summer camp
Nigger, that was the worst south park episode of all time.
>>
>>63502876
>I don't think the objectification of women is a problem
They're cartoons...
>>
>>63509465
You mean the episode with the cartoon characters lookalikes?
>>
File: 88888.jpg (28 KB, 455x356) Image search: [Google]
88888.jpg
28 KB, 455x356
>>63505765
Randy was ruined for me as soon as I realized he was 90s-era Homer Simpson with hair.

Literally all of his jokes could be Homer Simpson jokes. His sudden obsession with new things every week, drunk, militantly defending his ideas even though everyone around him says they're retarded etc.
>>
File: 1448486516128.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1448486516128.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>63509570
>I like early simpsons
>But I don't like it if it's not literally simpsons
Is basically what I read
>>
>>63509528
The one where they completely ran out of ideas and decided to replace actual jokes with totally ironic lel I get it! humour.

>>63509630
Eh, its still funny sometimes. It just seems hollow as fuck because the Simpsons applied it better. The same way I like Pepsi, but am always disappointed by it because Coke is just better.
>>
>>63499604

They come up with a lot of the story as they go along, so there are always some episodes that are weaker than others. The gun joke felt a little hamfisted.
>>
>>63509795
It felt kinda last minute (there was no season long build up to it like other aspects) but damn if it wasn't funny.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.