[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idris Elba might play Roland Deschain in the Dark Tower adaptation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 620.jpg (40 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
620.jpg
40 KB, 620x349
>According to Deadline, Idris Elba is currently the frontrunner to star as the Gunslinger himself, Roland Deschain, in Sony’s adaptation of Stephen King’s Dark Tower books.

>This comes almost a month after a report came out that Sony was trying to get Matthew McConaughey for the role of The Man In Black/Randall Flagg, an (almost) immortal villain who pops up in a ton of different King books.

http://www.avclub.com/article/idris-elba-might-play-roland-deschain-dark-tower-a-229586
>>
Good
>>
>Exodus got accused of Whitewashing
>this isn't Blackwashing
>>
Welp dropped. Oh well, King sucks a d anyway
>>
File: louie.jpg (74 KB, 608x341) Image search: [Google]
louie.jpg
74 KB, 608x341
>>63494327
>>
>>63494215
Idris is my nigga so im down with this
>>
What the fuckkkkkk

Fucking cahuck generation
>>
>>63494215
Man in Black and Randall Flagg can be the same, but can't look the same.

Roland has been aptly described numerous of times.
Even compared too.

This is the weakest shit ever.
I'd rather let it sit in limbo for another decade instead.
>>
Reposting from the other thread.

Who cares? The series is shit anyway. King crapped out the final books because he was worried his magnum opus would never be finished after getting hit by that van. Fucking making himself a character, and don't get me started on what he did to Flagg. Yeah, build up Flagg as the ultimate bad guy over the course of his ENITRE LIFE'S WORK just to kill him off to show bad ass Mordred is. Only thing more bullshit was that ending. All those years for THAT? Series is shit. Dadachoke on my dick, King, you hack.
>>
>>63494215
I'm okay with this for some reason. I usually don't like this shoehorning but I think I would be okay with Elba
>>
Reminder that it took Stanley fucking Kubrick to make a good adaption of a Stephen King book, this is DOA
>>
At least people can shut the fuck up about him being the next Doctor
>>
Will Odette still call him "White Boy" and "honky mutha fucka"
>>
File: 1449693397240.jpg (50 KB, 501x689) Image search: [Google]
1449693397240.jpg
50 KB, 501x689
>>63494536

>Stand By Me
>Shawshank Redemption
>Cujo
>The Green Mile

You don't know shit.

This is abysmal casting, but so was McConaughey.

I read the series, it's going to be near impossible to capture some of this stuff. Always wanted to see someone try though.
>>
>>63494609
Pussified PC America can't take a character like Odette.

If only they went true to source too. There would be riots.
>>
I cant wait for Wizard and Glass and see blonde little Susan get blacked tb/h fa,m
>>
Having read 1-4 (still haven't read 5-8)

I have no idea how Hollywood plans on making this a movie series

It's better off as a mini series or a TV series on HBO or some shit
>>
>>63494215

There is already a thread on this >>63490457
>>
>>63494215
Why wouldn't they just have Scott Eastwood portray Roland? Isn't that his destiny?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.