[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he a misunderstood genius?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: max.jpg (68 KB, 532x321) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
68 KB, 532x321
Is he a misunderstood genius?
>>
Dolan/Landis colab when
>>
>>63482189
Get over yourself, Max.
>>
He's not a genius. I don't understand his movies, or his haircut, so I guess he's misunderstood in that aspect.
>>
>>63482317
>movies

literally who? the movie
>>
Why did he make his hair gay?
>>
He's just a regular guy who may or may not have the same opinions as you

he also was born into the business so he gets a unique view on hollywood and being semi famous
>>
File: stickywhen.jpg (85 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
stickywhen.jpg
85 KB, 1000x750
>>63483440
>mfw obvious Max is obvious
>>
>>63482189
Why is he so popular here? Do people actually care enough about chronicle to keep posting everything this kid does?
>>
>>63483732

A combination of factors, which mostly add up to Max bitching on the internet and people eating it up.
>>
>>63483732
He's a social media ''''''''''''personality''''''''''''
>>
>>63483732
self-promotion/paid shilling

do you not know anything about the internet.

it's so fucking blatant too on 4chan, like amy shoemur being spammed for weeks before her romcom came out.
>>
>>63482189
Max Landis is a really great talented writer, this man was going to show the world something new and original for people to see. Until, fox turned down the "chronicle" trilogy project down, which disappointed me so much.
>>
MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS

Welcome to the hourly Max Landis everybody! Check the official Max Landis Youtube channel, check the official Max Landis Twitter and remember to check out American Ultra on Blu-ray! Also be sure to get your tickets for Victor Frankenstein today!

Do your part to save original ideas in Hollywood!

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS
>>
report any post that "namedrops" this literal nobody as advertising
>>
If he is, I'm one of the misunderstanders. I don't think the movies he writes--at least the ones he's gotten credits on--are any good. He's sold a lot, so the future could be different, but he's not much more than an excellent salesman. He's great at pitching big wild ideas which is probably 60 or 70 percent of why his shit sells. The remaining 30 to 40 percent is legacy. His dad's name gets him a lot of goodwill. Max Landis is prolific, and creative, and can get people really excited about a story idea, but he doesn't have the skill to flesh out those stories in a way that pleases me. It's all objective though I guess.

I also don't like his attitude very much. He doesn't have the kind of humility that I like to see in people. Instead of a humble confidence, he seems too sure of his abilities. I think he sees his success in completing scripts and selling them as a direct indicator of his talent. I don't see it that way.

I can't think of any of his movies that don't stink, and I'm not one of those people who hates every movie.
>>
>>63482189
God damn it Max you're spending more time here than i do
>>
>>63482189
No. He's a dude who really really likes films and is in a lucky enough position where he can write/make films.
Hollywood will (and currently is) chew him up and spit him out just like anyone else. That his last name is Landis means very little.
>>
File: maxlandis.png (21 KB, 594x170) Image search: [Google]
maxlandis.png
21 KB, 594x170
He's a fucking drug addict.
>>
File: cena-chan.jpg (61 KB, 989x678) Image search: [Google]
cena-chan.jpg
61 KB, 989x678
He's done some fun stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA
>>
>>63482189
Fuck off, Max. We literally know that it's you
>>
http://jezebel.com/screenwriter-bro-just-might-be-hollywoods-biggest-fuck-1440597536
>>
>>63482189
Misunderstood? Yeah, sure. But who isn't?

Genius? Good god fuck no.
>>
>>63485575
Well he's a little bitch who can't admit the fact he isn't very talented.
>>
>>63482189
>Victor Frankenstein
>American Ultra
>Me Him Her

No, I can completely understand a retarded jew when I see one. Chronicle is what we call a fluke, Maxxy.
>>
>>63482227
Yes! This must happen, the two most irritating , talentless nepotistic hacks in cinema
>>
"Wrestling Isn't Wrestling" was pretty good
>>
File: Landis-John.jpg (48 KB, 395x495) Image search: [Google]
Landis-John.jpg
48 KB, 395x495
>Lower, lower, lower! Fly lower!

What did he mean by this?
>>
DAILY REMINDER WHEN JOHN LANDIS WAS MAX'S AGE HE HAD ALREADY COMPLETED ANIMAL HOUSE AND BLUES BROTHERS
>>
Misunderstood haircut or overrated haircut?
>>
Max is 30. Really he is.
>>
>>63482227
staring Dano
>>
>>63487200
he sure do like sweaty half naked men
>>
>>63488319
to be fair the industry is probably a lot shittier now than it was back then
>>
>twitter is "uptomyknees"
is this in reference to the guy and two kids his dad killed because they were up to their knees in water before they died?
>>
>>63483732
i'm confident the constant spamming of this literally who comes from the autistic faggotry from reddit letter media threads
>>
>>63488319

Max can't even top his dad with connections from his dad. John Landis on suicide watch
>>
File: homemer.jpg (25 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
homemer.jpg
25 KB, 500x300
>>63482189
Hehe. . . Meme
>>
>>63487200
where can I see the girl that play's john cena's titties?
>>
>>63489598
Her name is Andi Layne, but there's not much else out there, bruh
>>
>>63489598
Female Undertaker was the best girl.
>>
>>63483849
You can't put enough apostrophes around "personality" so don't even try.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.