[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SAG Awards Snub Jennifer Lawrence's 'Joy'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: jennifer-lawrence-sag-awards.jpg (155 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
jennifer-lawrence-sag-awards.jpg
155 KB, 900x600
>The people who have been closely following this awards season will be the first to tell you that the nominations from the Screen Actors Guild this year are pretty wild.
>With all the out-of-the-box thinking on display in this year’s nominations, why was Jennifer Lawrence left out of the pack? Sure, David O. Russell’s Joy has received its share of mixed reviews, but Lawrence has received strong notices, as ever. And if you have the opportunity to invite J.Law to your awards ceremony, why wouldn’t you snap it up? The current awards-season narrative is that the Oscar race is wide open. So if you were going to go wild, why not go wild in a direction that gets Lawrence to your party?
>So come on, SAG Awards, it’s a competitive season, and we’re not talking about the nominees. There are loads of awards shows the world could be watching. Don’t you want to make yours one of the fun ones? That title currently belongs to the Golden Globes, but with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler not coming back this year, the crown is anyone’s to grab. It could have been yours, SAG Awards. It could have been yours.
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/jennifer-lawrence-awards-show-fun

IT'S OVER JLAW IS FINISHED
>>
J-Law is the best actress in hollywood because she isnt fake and has a real personality.
>>
My wife was a member of the nominating committee this year, and they sent the screener out for JOY at the last minute. Literally got here Saturday when the ballots were due on Monday. And they didn't promote it, whereas they promoted the Sarah Silverman film, the Danish Girl, and Beasts of No Nation very hard.

My wife voted to nominate her, but, there's 2250 voters.
>>
>>63483628
Your wife has shit taste.

Silver linings playbook only now it's about muh strong female mop "inventor"

Garbage
>>
>>63483539
Real personaility is acting all impulsive and childlike?
>>
>>63483727
you have the ballot - what are your five nominations?
>>
>>63483777

>gotta be super serious all the time!
>no having fun when you are old because I am forced to be serious on my job
>>
>>63483628
>My wife was a member of the nominating committee this year
How? I have a SAG card and can't vote
>>
>>63483878
It's randomly selected every year. Your name is bound to come up some time.
>>
>>63482148

>I like jlaw, you should give her an award

There is no real press anymore
>>
>>63483930
Are you implying that awards are not a popularity contest?
>>
>>63482148
>awarding someone not because they're good but because you want to be "fun".
>>
>sarah silverman was nominated

I'm surprised that girl from Mad Max wasn't nominated too
>>
>>63483980
Sure they are to some degree but asking for them to be more of a popularity contest because they weren't enough of one already is fucking retarded.
>>
This just in: If you don't give Jennifer Lawrence every single award ever you're a sexist, misogynist problematic racist asshole.
>>
>>63483539
>>63483539
>J-Law is the best actress in hollywood because she isnt fake and has a real personality.
nobody buys this anymore. not after the leaks. she's done
>>
>>63484064
It's the campaigning.

And keep in mind that you don't need any qualifications other than being a randomly selected SAG member. There are probably people on that committee who haven't acted in a film in years.
>>
>>63482148

Finally people are waking up to how awful all of these David O. Russell/Jlaw collaborations are. A couple of hacks making hack Oscar bait bullshit. I'm sure the Oscars will award similarly bad movies but I'm at least happy to see the beginning of the end for these two talentless fucks.
>>
Post Jlaw feet
>>
>>63483539
Jlaw plz go.. daddario is better than you
>>
>>63482148
>No more franchise Zombies to make regular bank
>Known Prima donna who is at risk of going to the media and pulling the oppression card if she wants more money she didn't earn
>Sex Appeal took a severe hit from the fappening
Is it over?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.