[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate was this movie exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: poster.gif (91 KB, 950x452) Image search: [Google]
poster.gif
91 KB, 950x452
How accurate was this movie exactly?
>>
Accurate to what? If you mean her life experiences, probably pretty accurate, but you might do better asking the author.
>>
>>63481304
If you ask the how society move backwards
As a individiual who lives in Turkey I can see the same thing happening here
>>
I think some revolution took place in Iran around the time of her childhood. I'm not sure though, the Jews probably made it all up as well.
>>
>>63481304
My roommate is from Iran and likes the comics, so there you go
>>
>>63481875
In his family photos, are the women wearing their hijabs?
>>
>>63481304
I wish the Ayatollah had killed her
>>
File: john-oliver-.jpg (38 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver-.jpg
38 KB, 480x540
>>63481531
>society move backwards
I MEAN COME ON
>>
>>63481541
This. Iran is controlled opposition.
>>
>>63481304
not very. Iranian people are actually three dimensional beings and do not have a stark black and white appearance
>>
Probably lied about a lot of things because the author is a woman and a Muslim.
>>
i saw this in highschool and i was shocked because I've never seen a cartoon handle adult topics

good movie
>>
It's a good movie that tackles complex issues so it flies completely over the heads of most /tv/ users
>>
File: persepolis_2.jpg (152 KB, 1400x916) Image search: [Google]
persepolis_2.jpg
152 KB, 1400x916
>>63482257
But I liked it! Lots of great scenes, made me tear up a couple times.
>>
File: ayyyyatullah.jpg (99 KB, 540x711) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyatullah.jpg
99 KB, 540x711
>>63482349
I hope you have a third one
>>
File: ayatollah-ali-khamenei.jpg (54 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
ayatollah-ali-khamenei.jpg
54 KB, 650x365
Iranian born before the revolution here. This movie is 100% accurate and is exactly what I experienced living in Iran. American, please invade us and bring democracy to my country and depose the evil Khamenei.
>>
>>63481304
it's an autobiography, so i imagine at least 80% true

nothing too outrageous about it. i loved the movie
>>
I love that she is a cartoonist and made her own comic. She didn't have to lie, that was her life. She grew up in Iran and loved western pop culture. She wanted to be an artist, and still found a way to be exposed to great art and music despite living in a shitty time in Iran. One thing that resonated with me, is she took life drawing classes, and the model had to wear a hijab because of the decency laws.
>>
>>63482764
this was the scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzQjvhKoPk
>>
File: persepolis.jpg (73 KB, 750x406) Image search: [Google]
persepolis.jpg
73 KB, 750x406
Cunny
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.