[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was okay.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: creedpostersmall.jpg (736 KB, 1280x1897) Image search: [Google]
creedpostersmall.jpg
736 KB, 1280x1897
It was okay.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>63481847
Me too, it was as good as Balboa I'd say.
>>
My favorite Rocky movie since the original. Thought that Jordan and Stallones chemistry really carried it
>>
>>63481925
Yeah but the romance subplot was quite useless. Could have gone more into that other fighter and his dad in Mickey's gym.
>>
>>63481978
Yeah it did feel unnecessary but at least it was well written, made the scenes more palatable
>>
It's pretty much a copy-paste of the first movie with a black dude as the lead.

Not bad but not great.
>>
I got teary eyed a couple times, but I guess I'm a softie.
>>
There's no racemixing right

I don't want to pay and then get c.ucked
>>
>>63480516
My wife's son loved it
>>
Better than Rocky.
>>
>>63482753
no but the romance subplot kills momentum.
>>
>>63482753
no you retard.
>>
>>63483008
My son's wife fucking hated it.
>>
>>63482753
well his girlfriend is mixed that so the agenda's still there
>>
BIG
>>
>>63484340
but the romance subplot in the original feels a bit awkward and shoehorned in initially, it was just well written enough that it made sense in the grand scheme of things
>>
>>63480516
It was a fucking experience.
No other movie I have seen on theaters has made the entire audience gasp at the same time.
Also the thing they did with the sound was really cool. It felt like there were people cheering around you.
>>
>>63487988
>No other movie I have seen on theaters has made the entire audience gasp at the same time.
Was it when Rocky started puking?

Also, the movie had the third best ending of the franchise behind 1 and Balboa.
>>
why didn't he just train himself by getting punched in the face a bunch?

the only real weakness is getting punched in the face and being knocked out.
>>
>A friend of mine went to the cinema thinking it was a documentary about the band Creed since he's religious
>>
File: wot.png (2 MB, 1202x1184) Image search: [Google]
wot.png
2 MB, 1202x1184
>>63488091
Wat
>>
>>63488027
When Adonis was nearly knocked out in the last fight
>>
why do you guys even review this shit. it's a tired old formula done well. that's it. it wasn't trying to be anything more, which is why it did well.

decent.
>>
>>63488155
I liked it, it's interesting to watch the franchise develop. Giving it to a relatively unproven director was a bold choice. It's definitely the best sequel of the year.
>>
>>63488205
You said literally nothing different from what he said. I think that is why he mentioned the point of 'not reviewing it'
>>
>>63488244
Leave me alone.
>>
>>63488272
Hey i was right fuck you.
>>
>>63488244

The smartest thing Sylvester Stallone did was to not write and/or direct this film. Ryan Coogler brings a fresh set of eyes to the project. Creed works both as part of a larger franchise and on its own massively entertaining terms.
>>
>>63480516
I can't wait for it to finally stop being shown at cinemas so the fucking shills will go home.
>>
>>63480516
Does he make it to the big title fight at the end only to have his opponent jab him in the face and dance around the ring for half an hour and beat him by decision?
because that'd be great
>>
>>63488340
>well refined movie doing what it was expected to be

>shills
>>
>>63488295
Eat a dick, asshole.
>>
>>63488340
Does it pass down the torch? Yes. Does it share similarities with the original "Rocky" film? Yes. Does this film stand on it's own? Absolutely! "Creed" follows the son of the late Apollo Creed as he hunts down Rocky Balboa to train him. In hopes to continue his fathers legacy while still maintaining his own name, young Adonis Creed will do whatever it takes to get into the ring.
>>
>the single take boxing match
>the amazing sound quality
>the raw feel of each fight
>The writing
>the acting
Seriously, its fucking great.
>>
>>63488382
Fuck off, shill.
It's literally another cash cow because there's a lack of creativity in Hollywood.
After there's no more potential sales (tickets) the frequency of these threads will suddenly drop to zero, only to be brought up once more later next year by some pleb, and you know this.

>>63488402
I'm not watching it.
Stop advertising.
>>
>>63480516
im literately going on first date with a girl to see this movie. she said she wanted to see it
>>
>>63488512

The surest sign that Coogler has honored his source material is that Creed is populist through and through. His achievement... is that he gives his audience exactly what they want and makes it feel like a gift rather than a bribe.
>>
>>63488412
I didn't like the dialogue all that much and I'm never fond of half assed romantic sub plots. Nobody gave mad max shit for its shitty romantic subplot and I'm sad.
Everything else was great though, especially the audio design which made the cheering sound like a real audience.
Also it's the biggest HBO commercial I have ever seen
>>
>>63488549
For a shill you're pretty autistic.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 640x360
>>63480516
Harmond Whote has a point regarding how Michael acts.
He acts like a real well mannered and well educated black man. Meanwhile Wesley Snipes acts like how white people want to see a well mannered as educated black man.
>>
File: one take.webm (3 MB, 960x406) Image search: [Google]
one take.webm
3 MB, 960x406
>>63488412
>the single take boxing match
honestly the fights were my favorite part in this movie. Whenever creed missed a swing widely I was half expecting him to get knocked down. They make boxing look scary as hell.

The end fight was great, indeed everyone did seem to gasp simultaneously when he got clobbered in the 11th round

The rest of the movie was bretty gud too. I thought the acting was really good during the locker-room/cancer pamphlet scene and the jail room scene. Also had a lot of tasteful and realistic homages to the previous Rocky movies
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.