[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burly Brawl proof of concept CGI: https://www.youtube.com/wa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: matrixreloaded11.jpg (21 KB, 393x278) Image search: [Google]
matrixreloaded11.jpg
21 KB, 393x278
Burly Brawl proof of concept CGI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-HFQaq69A8

Burly Brawl actual CGI for the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUb3jzSXJcY

EXPLAIN THIS.
>>
>>63479003
Explain what?
>>
Man, The Mstrix trilogy could have been the Star Wars of my generation.
>>
>>63479003

Are you trying to suggest that the concept is better?
>>
The fight has 2 issues- 1, that the CG aspects look too fake in certain shots, and 2, more importantly, that there is no weight within the fighting. The concept despite being all CG has much better weighted motion, whereas the actual film clip, despite good portions of it being practical FX, are all so clearly staged wire work that it's embarassing and completely ineffectual.
>>
>>63479442
People said this for lord of the rings and Harry potter.
i hope nobody has ever said that for the hunger games.
>>
>>63479771
I'd say the only part of the entire sequence which doesn't look like shit is from 2:30-2:50.
>>
>>63479442
the matrix was pretty groundbreaking on its own, fuck the sequels

i know they all look like rubber but i do like that fight scene
>>
The CG effects are quite literally the least of the sequels' problems. The effects could have been godlike in every frame and both sequels would still have been massive piles of shite.
>>
File: 1414551729672.jpg (25 KB, 457x339) Image search: [Google]
1414551729672.jpg
25 KB, 457x339
>bowling pins sound effect
>>
>>63479826
For lotr, this might be true.
certainly because both SW and lotr directors came back to fuck it up

It's like poetry
>>
>>63480001
>not liking the highway chase of the second movie
granted, only good thing in the movie
>>
>>63480209

Yep, enjoyed that. And like you say, just about the only positive memory I have of either film.
>>
>>63479003
Even back when it was new, the CGI looked like shit and I distinctly remember thinking this at the time as a young teenager. I still think it's a good movie in its own right but the CGI does knock a few point off. At least it's not as bad as Revolutions.
>>
>>63479003
at least the music cool
>>
>>63479771
the effects got a lot better in revolutions though.
>>
>>63479442
I'd say it was, the matrix had a big impact on pop and film culture.
>>
>>63479003
>explain this

Recreate HD realism for 5,000+ frames of sequence.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.