[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snoke confirmed for Plagueis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: snoke is plagueis.png (488 KB, 395x548) Image search: [Google]
snoke is plagueis.png
488 KB, 395x548
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_K_GzFP-tg
>>
File: snoke rey.jpg (43 KB, 567x376) Image search: [Google]
snoke rey.jpg
43 KB, 567x376
Also John Campea and Kristian Harloff confirmed that's what Snoke looks like in the latest collider video

https://youtu.be/BUn7XQgJFrk?t=1m2s
>>
File: SNOKE IS LITERALLY PLAGUEIS.png (65 KB, 526x697) Image search: [Google]
SNOKE IS LITERALLY PLAGUEIS.png
65 KB, 526x697
Disney actually contacted Collider video and DEMANDED that they removed the part of today's video where they discussed Snoke being Darth Plagueis.

Obviously they don't want people to know this is what/who Snoke is.
>>
>>63476530
how the fuck did you extrepolated "DEMANDED" from that. You've never worked in this industry, and never will, respecteing a polite request like this can go along way. Remember they deal with individuals, not with this giant disney entity you seem, and maintaning respectfull and multually helpfull relationships with these people is how you thrive in any creative industry.

but what would you know, you're autistic
>>
did they really have to repurpose everything created before and bite it

fuck me
>>
>>63476530
that's a publicity stunt

learn to recognise ads
>>
>>63476530
It's probably because the image in the maganize (also in the OP) was a leak.

Nothing to do with darth thing autism.
>>
>>63477421
yes

kylo is jaycen
snoke is plagueis
rey is jaina
>>
>>63476314
Reddit already figured out that this is traced fan art. So is the picture of Kylo on same page. This is a red herring.
>>
File: plagueis.jpg (29 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
plagueis.jpg
29 KB, 400x566
>>63480528
It's funny because the guy who drew that did take it from fan art, but it still created a shit storm so that's probably an accurate depiction of Snoke/Plagueis on the film.
>>
>>63480583
I really doubt they'll do Plagueis. Most people would just scratch their head instead of feel the reveal. My money is on either an original character or an old jedi.
>>
>>63480608
Addition: it might LOOK like plagueis, but I don't think it will BE plagueis.
>>
>>63480608
Plagueis actually makes a ton of logical sense and ties all of the trilogies together.

Nobody knew who Thanos was when he showed up in the post credits Avengers scene, now normies everywhere are hyped for him
>>
People still make Downfall videos?
in 2015?

That's the more shocking thing.
>>
>>63480640
There was a thread last night with cast interviews, what convinced me it IS Plagueis is that they always seem to spill spaghetti whenever Plagueis is mentioned.
>>
>>63480688
honestly I thought people just did risitas nowadays
>>
>>63480703
>patrickstewartACTING.webm

I watched those interviews and panels this morning. They giggle over everything. Don't listen to your confirmation bias.
>>
>>63476530
It's misdirection to make you believe that he is.

Disney is injecting false spoilers onto the web.
>>
HOLY SHIT FICTIONAL CHARACTER IS ACTUALLY OTHER FICTIONAL CHARACTER

WHO FUCKING CARES
>>
>>63480775
Clearly some people posting in this thread, now fuck off retard
>>
snoke is a 100% original character do not steal
jj doesn't want to ride on EU fame, or obscure characters from the prequels.
>>
>>63480528

This. I don't get why people think that picture means anything. It's a shitty copy of fan art (possibly inspired by a popular fan theory), and it doesn't mean anything, nor is there any reason to think it does.

>But Disney asked Collider to take the video down!

No, Collider said Disney did, and they haven't done it yet. They might be lying for publicity. Even if they aren't, the request doesn't mean anything. It could easily be because Disney is still trying to market the movie with mystery and Collider published a video saying they have inside sources confirming shit. Whether that's true or not, it goes against the theme of the marketing, and it makes sense Disney wants to shut it down to avoid coming off like another company that can't keep their shit under control.
>>
>>63480750
ding ding! red herring time. JJ said early that they planned to false flag some spoilers to muddy the water.
>>
>>63480775
You really know how to put things into perspective
>>
>>63480799
I doubt JJ got to choose who the big bad is, he's not even directing the next 2 films, similar to Marvel they have a creative group above the director
>>
>>63480793
WHY DO I KEEP SEEING THREADS ABOUT THIS? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLY IMPORTANT TO YOU?
>>
>>63480871
why is it so important to you?
>>
>>63480775

For Star Wars turboautists like me it's pretty important.

It's a great move that ties the prequels to the OT to this new trilogy flawlessly.

My next guess is that they are in fact going to canonize Jar Jar being a sith, although he will not appear in the movie.

I believe the reddit post about it to be Disney's doing.

They'll make Jar Jar a second apprentice to Snoke, on par with Sheev
>>
File: trendor.gif (3 MB, 480x206) Image search: [Google]
trendor.gif
3 MB, 480x206
>>
>>63480903
lol, keep dreaming. Jar Jar's gone forever.
>>
Literally no one except fat neckbeards have ever heard of Plagueis, let alone know what the EU even is.
Disney don't need to hide it, because 99% of the audience won't even know they are watching a reveal/twist right now.
>>
>>63480944

Yeah and Plagueis is not canon and Snoke is a new character

Not saying they will even mention it in the movies, but it will be mentioned in the secondary ones, or even make a book about it.

They'll canonize Jar Jar as being evil
>>
>>63480979
Literally no one except fat neckbeards have ever heard of Thanos, let alone know what the Civil War even is
>>
>>63480749
nah, not that hard to figure out if you know how to read people, in the Comic Con interview they become tense after Ridley almost spills the beans.
>>
>Master: Plagueis
>Apprentice: Luke Skywalker
>>
>>63481023
Plagueis IS canon, they talk about him in RotS straight up.

It's obvious you're either an idiot or trolling, so no more responses from me on this topic.
>>
>>63481032
And your point is?
>>
>>63480979
Are you saying only fat neckbeards watched Revenge of the Sith? Don't know about that tbhwyf, Star Wars movies are as normie as it gets.
>>
>>63481036
Lol, implying you can read people better than any other idiot on the internet. They were all acting weird and shifty before the comment too.

The most of the weirdness comes from Kasdan's joke about Vegas falling flat.
>>
>>63480979
Anyone who's seen episode 3 has heard of Plagueis. You know the prequels don't count as EU, right?
>>
>>63481023
>Plagueis is not canon
why do you talk about things you don't know anything about
>>
>>63481032
Thanos isn't Galactus, but he has been around for decades, with entire comic cross over based around him. Plenty of marvel fans know him. He also gets to be build up over 10 or so movies. Also, they aren't hiding him, his name or his role.

Plagueis is so obscure that no one will even react when it's reveled in the movie.
>>
>Darth Plagueis

where has he been all the time Sheev was ruling the universe? why didn't he come out and kill that faggot?
>>
>>63481111
Because he's not canon but eu fans don't know when to quit.
>>
>>63481082
the people who are actually old enough to have watched the prequels in the theaters have moved on by now, teenagers (the people who watch these things) don't know shit and don't care. the teenagers who bother to watch the other star wars films before tfa are all neckbeards.
>>
>>63481097
Yea, I'm sure everyone cares about a throwaway line Sheev used to trick Anakin. Not only no one remembers that shit, the people that do don't care.

The only people who care are the ones that read that non canon novel.
>>
>>63481108
Why are you assuming that Disney's acting intelligently? Don't be a fucking retard. Disney just doesn't want details to leak out unless they reveal them themselves.
>>
>>63481132
Lol. They talk about him in Ep. 3. You need a rewatch pleb.
>>
>>63481090
Ridley: Ohhh, is that Sn...
(at this moment Isaac and Driver want to fucking jump and choke her, JJ interrupts awkwardly and tells Kasdan to answer the question, then everyone giggles nervously),

It's pretty clear for me, I guess we'll have to wait until the film comes out so arguing now is pointless.
>>
>>63481097
>>63481082
>If you have seen the movie, you instantly remember a weird name that was only mentioned once in an irrelevant dialog
Yeah, no. Show me one single normalfag that knows who he is and i show you a fat neckbeard with braces that gets laid daily.
>>
>>63481111
Maybe he was exploring outside of the galaxy or his species has decade-long sleep cycles. They can make up whatever excuse they want.
>>
>>63481177
Glad you feel confident enough to literally speak for everyone ever.
>>
>>63481181
>Why are you assuming that Disney's acting intelligently?
Because they care about money, and everything they have done so far was to maximize profits. They are remaking ANH pretty much. There is no money in Plagueis.
>>
>>63481186
They also say he's a legend and dead, lol.

Cool canon.
>>
>>63481205
>Literally no one except fat neckbeards have ever heard of Plagueis
This is what you said. It is wrong. Don't move the goalposts, moron.
>>
>>63481189
Lol. you must have watched that video through your funzo goggles.
>>
>>63481205
>I'm an ADD kiddie with memory worse than that of a goldfish and everyone must be as fucking stupid as me

nah
>>
>>63481177
In A New Hope Ben mentions he fought in the Clone Wars, at that point it was just a throwaway line too, we know how that turned out.
>>
>>63481249
Well put!
>>
>>63481205
I've only seen the movie once as I kid and I remember that scene.

Don't project your idiocy onto normal people, please.
>>
>>63476430
timestamp?

I don't want to watch the full video
>>
>>63481242
Like I said, pointless to argue now. You make your conclusions and I'll make mine, when the movie premiers we'll see who was right.
>>
>>63481212
I do feel confident, Disney isn't stupid, and knows that Plagueis is worthless. They gain nothing by hiding him. What difference does it make if people know Snoke is Plagueis or not? None, it would have no effect on sales what so ever, and Plagueis is too obscure for the audience to care if he is reveled during the movie.

Logic dictates Plagueis is not Snoke, and I'll greatly enjoy and shitpost into oblivion next week once the full spoilers are out and all the EU and prequel fans are in full butthurt damage control.
>>
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/672922118657544192

The loremaster in charge of New Canon (includes movies and the all the books and shit) has spoken out against Plagueis being Snoke.
>>
>>63481277
It doesn't matter, they're in no position to confirm the shape of their own dicks, much less what is probably one of the closest guarded secrets about this film.
>>
>>63481146
>only teenagers will watch TFA
>nobody who sees TFA will have seen the older movies

I wonder, did you switch over to "pretending to be retarded" mode in an attempt to convince us that your original fucking stupidity was an act too, or are you actually this far gone?
>>
>>63481283
My guess is it will look like Plagueis in some ways, be be a different character. Plagueis is very dead at this point.
>>
>>63481303
their sources have seen the fucking film
>>
>>63477442
Th-th-that's an ad
>>
>>63481249
>The story [in the prequels] does not interfere. We only have to deal with the first trilogy so we didn't have to deal with it much. They obviously have a certain feel, and that was not the feel we wanted this one to have. This is much more related to "A New Hope" and "Empire."

Lawrence "Fuck the prequels" Kasdan.

Sorry, Disney isn't stupid enough to base their entire new trilogy about an obscure character in a throwaway line from the prequels. The Clone Wars was part of the back story from the early drafts on ANH, Plagueis was created during the RotS writing process.
>>
File: ha.png (256 KB, 315x404) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
256 KB, 315x404
>manchildren actually think anyone remembers that faggot or even cares

Imagine the following situation
>sit in crowded cinema
>watch TFA
>Snoke reveals himself to be Darth Plageuis
>entire cinema keeps watching
>one fat neckbeard stands up
>"i fucking knew it! the EU is canon *snorts*"
>neckbeard gets thrown out because people are afraid he could be a shooter
>>
>>63480801

It means a lot because that magazine could not get licensed pictures.

The Kylo Ren drawing is taken from a fan cosplay.

This means the fanart was close enough to Snoke to be adequately used to ilustrate him
>>
>>63481272
It was one of the only true bonding moments between anakin and palpatine. It seeded the thought that he could save padme if something happened to her. Can't see how anybody couldn't remember that scene.
>>
>>63481354
>Kylo, remember Darth Vader? I am his master's master. I was mentioned once in a movie before. I'm important. pls respond
>>
>>63481354
Are you actually pretending you're one of those other people whilst defending movie for children on here of all the boards??
>>
File: autest.jpg (142 KB, 474x436) Image search: [Google]
autest.jpg
142 KB, 474x436
>What do you mean, you don't know Darsch Plaschius?
>>
Who's Darth Platypus?
>>
>>63481361
>that magazine could not get licensed pictures.

Yeah, exactly. They weren't using actual pictures from the film or promotional material, and resorting to using bad copies to fill a piece on their janky magazine.

How was that illustrator even supposed to know what Snoke looks like? No one else does. An explanation that's just as likely is that he decided to copy a random stand-in picture (or maybe he likes the fan theory) in order to have something to put in the magazine.
>>
>>63481353
Well, if you see it from a certain point of view technically Plagueis can't be considered a prequel character and doesn't get in the way since he hasn't featured explicitly in any movie, so he's virtually a new character.
>>
>>63481385
It's like /tv/ posters don't remember any scenes without memes in them.
>>
>>63481023
Even if jar jar is evil, he'd be dead long before episode 7 rolls out.
Gungans have a lifespan of about 65 years.
Jar jar was born in 52 BBY.
TFA takes place in 34 ABY.
86 years m8.
>>
>>63481521

It's probably true, to be quite honest, family.
>>
>>63481554
>Gungans have a lifespan of about 65 years.
>Jar jar was born in 52 BBY.
Is this still canon?
>>
>>63481554
Hopefully he was blown to pieces in Alderaan.
>>
File: 1447720091510.gif (549 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1447720091510.gif
549 KB, 360x359
>>63481111
He's been asleep this entire time.
> The Force Awakens
>>
Plagueis is canon. He is mentioned briefly in RotS. Briefly enough that he is not “infected” with the prequels’ “uncleanliness”, yet pliable enough to make him whatever character they need him to be, while still being a part of the saga as a whole.

The most convincing thing is not these supposed leaks, but that it makes sense story-wise. If he is a new character, it’ll tear the saga’s story arc apart: “Guess what, defeating Sheev was for nothing, because some random dude fills the void he left. Better not try to defeat this one, because there will just be another to take his place.”
>>
File: 1448854888930.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1448854888930.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
>>63481579
No
>>
File: Kasdan.jpg (888 KB, 1800x1419) Image search: [Google]
Kasdan.jpg
888 KB, 1800x1419
>Kasdan doesn't know who Plagueis is. >Kasdan stated prequel do not play a role in TFA and he does not give two fucks about canon.
>JJ stated Plagueis is not in the movie.
>Serkis stated Snoke is a new character.
>Pablo Hidalgo, the guy in charge of canon, stated Snoke is not Plagueis.

>NO NO! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!?
>Don't you see? An obscure character mentioned once as a legend in a prequel movie! He is very important to the 12 guys that read this non-canon novel once! It's a big twist that a character that no one but the most autistic of neckbeards recognize, is reveled mid-way in the movie! Imagine the surprise of that one guy in the audience when this plot irrelevant detail is revealed!

Holy Shit, prequelfags and EUfags on suicide watch. Screencap this post and cry over it next week after you realize Plagueis is dead and gone from Star Wars lore forever.

top kek m8's
>>
>>63481604
Make up your own rules of infection and pliability, then apply them as if they're objective and you can base an argument on them.

>move out of your parents'
>>
>>63476314
If its plagueis, where was he during the original trilogy? Also didnt sheev kill him?
>>
>>63481604
He also also mentioned in the new canon book "Tarkin" (by the same nigga who wrote the Plagueis Novel)
>>
>Kylo Ren, my apprentice...It's time to reveal myself to you and the galaxy.
>The man you know as Snoke does not exist. My real name....is...Darth Plageuis!
>You might have heard of me. I was briefly mentioned by Sheev Palpatine once.
>>
>>63481674
Kasdan knows Plagueis. The Vegas thing is a joke. But everything else you said is spot on right. Plagueis is dead.
>>
>>63481604
>“Guess what, defeating Sheev was for nothing, because some random dude fills the void he left.

That's literally the story if Plagueis is in the movie.
>>
>>63481674

Any sauce on that, family?
>>
>>63481604
>some random dude fills the void he left

But that's exactly what has happened throughout history, and it's what people have been saying about the ending of ROTJ for years. Seriously, lots of people have argued that killing the emperor wouldn't destroy the empire, and a lot of the EU was also based on people keeping it going. There wouldn't be anything new about it.
>>
>>63481689
See this
>>63481592
>>
>>63481717
Not really. Plagueis at this point wouldn't be the leader of the entire galactic government with everyone thinking he was an honest injured old man. He'd be a sith keeping his sithness a secret, even from his apprentice Kylo.
>>
>>63481592

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>63476430
>>63476530

It's really damn strange that Disney would request that they take down that video when they have 50 hours worth of Jedi Council videos where they all yammer about the Plagueis theory and others.
>>
>>63481725
>http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-star-wars-lawrence-kasdan-20151206-story.html
>The story [in the prequels] does not interfere. We only have to deal with the first trilogy so we didn't have to deal with it much. They obviously have a certain feel, and that was not the feel we wanted this one to have. This is much more related to "A New Hope" and "Empire."
>And with the canon — everyone refers to the canon, but it has zero meaning to me. I don't know what the canon is. I cannot get that straight.

Star Wars in the hands of OT purists, stay mad prequel babbies.

>>63481714
Tee-hee, keep telling yourself that. It's just a conspiracy bro, no doubt.
>>
>>63481592
Thats the gayest thing ever
>>
>>63481754
>He'd be a sith keeping his sithness a secret, even from his apprentice Kylo.
He is literally described as Kylo's master, and JJ said he isn't a Sith, for fuck's sake. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>63481717
I don’t think so, Plagueis is part of the Sith lineage. Only if he is defeated, along with his followers (presumably the Knights of Ren), the Sith are finally defeated.
>>
>>63481772
>you will never be this delusional
PR
SCRIPT
>>
File: pottery.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>63481789
It's maximum pottery
>>
>>63481789
Found something even gayer
>>
>>63481772
Yeah, guys. You really think someone would do that? Just lie for PR?
>>
>>63481804
Pretty sure they are not going to retcon all six movies and go against Lucas' explanation that Anakin brought balance to the Force by wiping out the sith. I mean, I'd like them to shit on Lucas, but they can' be that overt.

>>63481817
Just remember this thread as you watch the movie/read the spoilers next week. I want you to be keenly aware of how stupid and wrong you are.
>>
File: 1449690751311.jpg (845 KB, 4217x593) Image search: [Google]
1449690751311.jpg
845 KB, 4217x593
>>63481789
remember: its what the "fans" want
>>
File: 1403188141220.png (136 KB, 634x354) Image search: [Google]
1403188141220.png
136 KB, 634x354
>people still trying to defend that Snoke isn't Darth Plagueis

Go back to your Jar Jar threads on reddit
>>
>>63481855
Do tell, what is gained by hiding an obscure character that only mattered in the EU that no one but the worst of Star Wars fan know about?
>>
>>63481849
>star wars tourists """""""""""""humor"""""""""""""
>>
File: jar jar jump.webm (1 MB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
jar jar jump.webm
1 MB, 960x408
>Snoke is old and barely alive, but has incredible ability to manipulate the Dark Side of the Force. Trained on Dagobah as a youngster, created the Dark Side forest Luke hallucinated that he became Vader in. Almost killed by Sheev, wishes to collect Force Senstive artifacts of Anakin's to resurrect his former creation, then transfer his soul from his dying Mune body into Anakin's superior Force Sensitive body.
>Despises his former apprentice Sheev who almost bested him; wishes to take control of his life's work and rule over it as if he had never even lived.
>Would possibly be more powerful than ever before given that Anakin himself was created through Snoke/Plagueis' manipulation of the Dark Side.
>When Anakin/Snoke returns as Darth Vader again in Episode VIII, he'll look like a revamped Vader. Fights like the Old Trilogy Vader.
>Kylo is Anakin's disposable grandson who will never be as powerful as his patriarch, as Rey correctly predicts when she Awakens her Force sensitivity.
>Jar Jar returns as Snoke's second apprentice, fights fast and dance-style like the prequels, and second in command after he brutally beheads General Kux in the Star Destroyer and puts on a mask like Snoke/Anakin.
>Episode VIII ends with Leia and Luke brutally murdered by Anakin/Snoke, and Jar Jar capturing Poe. Finn has his hand sliced off. Jar Jar and Snoke look out at the planets they conquered in victory.
>>
>>63481674
>JJ stated Plagueis is not in the movie.
>JJ stated Khan is not in the movie.
>>
>>63481882
They’re not shitting on Lucas by pretty much resurrecting the Sith 30 years after they’ve been defeated?
>>
>>63481111

He was JUST and in hiding.

I assume the Empire was a test and Sheev was the main puppet, an experiment to see if a Sith could govern the galaxy.

Clearly the New Order will have learned from their errors.

Or maybe, as it has been hinted, the New Order truly is a splinter faction of the Empire and Kylo , Plagueis and the Knights of Ren are allies but not on the exact same group, being two separate entities that are working together.

In the show Rebels imperial inquisitors (dark side of the force priests, basically, almost otherwise unrelated with the imperial army of administration) are kidnapping children that are sensitive with the force.

My bet is the knights of Ren are those children
>>
>>63481766
None of those other videos feature people claiming to have insider confirmation about the Plagueis stuff. Collider is. It makes sense that that would get a reaction from Disney, since their entire handling of the marketing has been based around the idea of them controlling spoilers. It doesn't even matter if it's true, Collider saying they know people on the inside makes Disney seem incompetent, and they don't like that.
>>
>>63481953
>JJ goes on to mention that he regrets saying Khan wasn't in the movie
>no reason why he would do it again after that
>>
File: 1448611203607.gif (2 MB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
1448611203607.gif
2 MB, 237x240
>Snoke is Plagueis thread
Gtfo PT fags, shits debunked
>Snoke is Jar jar
It's plausible

When will Reddit fags leave?
>>
Please everybody stop and tell me what is so wrong with any of this, I only watched A New Hope
>>
>>63481891

As long as it's not the prequels.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (102 KB, 851x551) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
102 KB, 851x551
>>63481891
This was missing from your image
>>
>>63481980
According to Lucas, the Saga of Star wars is the story of Anakin wiping out the Sith.

Doesn't get more retcon then "lol there is one more actually, he was just hiding really well."
>>
>>63481948
>6 naboo guards couldn't just jump the droids
>droids aren't even looking at them
>when Jedi ambush they still don't help

jesus fuck
>>
>>63481348
So have I.

Ama
>>
>>63481948
>dat delayed Jar Jar grab like Luke does in Return of the Jedi
>>
>>63482002
>When will Reddit fags leave?
>1448XXXX
>>63482010
exactly why this movie is going to be shit if thats all it takes for plebs to like it
>>
>>63481830

-"Jar Jar is the Star Wars: The Force Awakens™. Preorder your tickets now"-

- "It's gonna be Star Wars: The Force Awakens™. Preorder your tickets now"-

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: george_lucas.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
george_lucas.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>63481789
Star Wars? Gay? Impossible
>>
>>63481891

Really, who wants this?

Do they really think even normies are not going to hate seeing an exact rehash?

It'd only make sense to make a clone of A New Hope if it was aimed solely to kids, but the market for TFA is also for nostalgic adults.

Even normies are going to hate it if it's a copy
>>
>>63482013
I agree, but then why are they making more episodes? Clearly, they’re stretching the story out to exactly what you said: lol there is more actually
>>
>>63481801
I'm agreeing with you, read closer. Plagueis is Sith, Kylo is not. If Plagueis is Snoke and Snoke is Kylo's master, then it would be the case that he probably doesn't tell him. Otherwise, wouldn't Kylo be a Sith?
>>
>>63482207
Retards like >>63482010
>>
>>63482207
>Do they really think even normies are not going to hate seeing an exact rehash?
Normies do not care about plot. They want to see the same shit over and over again. Thats why Jurassic World is the 3rd highest grossing movie ever
>>
>>63482211

There are rumors they are taking the Darth Ruin name from the EU to use it on Kylo.

Apparently he's no sith but he may be one by the end of the film.

I just hope Rey turns sith and Kylo jedi
>>
>>63482211
Part of the leaks confirm that by the end of the movie kylo is made Darth Ren
>>
>>63482209
>but then why are they making more episodes?
Money, what else? Star Wars is a franchise goldmine, and Disney will milk it dry by turning it into MCU 2.0.

>Clearly, they’re stretching the story out to exactly
Yea, but there is no indication it will involved the Sith ever again. As far as the stroy is concerned, the Sith, as a cult/order/whatever are supposed to be gone. That's why they came up with Knight of Ren and Snoke. They gain nothing by retconning the story just to shoe horn a character most Star Wars fans barely care about.
>>
>>63482332
>Ren is a title
>Darth is a title
>I dub thee....Count Prince Governor.

Yea, that's not happening.
>>
>>63482337

Sith are still there, you can bet your ass.

They have already expanded of what Lucas said stating the new trilogy is still all about the Skywalkers.

So instead of being only about Anakin it is about the Skywalkers now.
>>
File: George seinfeld.jpg (61 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
George seinfeld.jpg
61 KB, 640x420
>>63482381
>thinking star wars makes any sense
>>
File: sith-assassins.jpg (29 KB, 280x359) Image search: [Google]
sith-assassins.jpg
29 KB, 280x359
>>63482381

Darth Ruin actually.

It's been done before.

In the non-canon EU, there where sith acolytes.

Merely pawns with red lightsabers and shitty powers that are not true sith

Also picrelated. A mix of these was the inspiration for the knights of Ren.
>>
>>63480703
>>63480749
>>63481036

hey cuties, mind sharing these videos?
>>
>>63482332
Nope
>>
>>63482410
There is still no indication that Sith are coming back in any capacity. They literally just came up with a new darkside order instead so far.
>>
File: Unella-the-Shame-Nun.jpg (37 KB, 975x600) Image search: [Google]
Unella-the-Shame-Nun.jpg
37 KB, 975x600
>>63480663

How can they not know who Thanos is? Shame. Shame.
>>
>>63482473
That's a job title, not a Title Title. Sith Assassin isn't his name, it's what he does, you simple amoebic lifeform.

And Darth Ruin was not, like, Jack Ruin of the Knights of Ruin before that. He was Phanius.
>>
>>63482589
>Its not the empire, Its the first order
>its not the sith, its the knights of ren
Fuck off
>>
>>63482498
It's on reddit somewhere. search for comic con interview. probably /r/starwarsleaks
>>
>>63481036
>Ridley almost spills the beans

Fuck no. Her reaction could easily pass as just legit not knowing who the fuck Plagueis is. The only suspicious guy was that dude next to JJ who intentionally mispronounces the name a few times despite obviously knowing better. That was just awkward as hell.
>>
>>63482498

Can describe it, not worth watching.

Autist asks:

>Is Plagueis going to be in the film?

And then

>Oscar Isaac looks intensely to nowhere, like someone that's worried and deeply concerned, like when someone is told something very shocking or important.

>Adam Driver stays unmovable, he doesnt even flinch, looking to no particular place

>JJ is quiet as fuck

And finally Ridley says

>"Is that sn......"

And JJ shouts

>HHHHMMHMMMMMMMM HEY LARRY DO YOU WANT TO ANSWER THAT????

>JJ looks intensely to Ridley smiling as if containing his rage (bitch I'm gonna kill you)

>Ridley smiles timidly

Then Kasdan says

>"I'm sorry, what? paeguis? did I hear right"

And denies he knows who that is.

It's pretty much confirmed. RIdley almost spilled the beans.
>>
>>63482337
Okay, so Star Wars is a blatant money machine with no regard for story consistency and all this discussion about what makes sense is pointless because the writers will do whatever to keep the money flowing? I guess I just needed that confirmed.
>>
>>63482687

Nigger she said " Is that sn...." and JJ interrupted her shouting Hhhhmhmmmm HEY LARRY DO YOU WANT TO ANSWER THAT"

She clearly almost spills the fucking beans
>>
>>63482065
>>63482238

All anyone ever wanted from a new Star Wars movie is fun space adventure with familiar characters in the universe that they loved. And after the prequels they want that, minus everything that the prequels did as well.
>>
>>63482730
>with no regard for story consistency
The Story Group exists literally to make all stories work together.
>>
>>63482675
No one is denying the first order is the remnants of the empire.

Sure, there is no real difference on the plot, but the sith are gone.
>>
File: lenny.gif (1 MB, 389x286) Image search: [Google]
lenny.gif
1 MB, 389x286
>>63482730
>Star Wars is a blatant money machine with no regard for story consistency and all this discussion about what makes sense is pointless because the writers will do whatever to keep the money flowing?
Bingo
>>
That's stupid. Sheev should/would have killed him or made sure he was dead.

Instead it should be one of the purple guys from ROTJ (his advisors or maybe apprentices)
>>
>>63482712
Autism at work.
>>
>>63482773
And because of pathetic fanboys putting the bar so low, this generic 7th star wars movie will be the highest grossing movie ever
>>
>>63482811

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Advisor
>>
>>63482773
Speak for yourself post-TBBT star wars fan
>>
>>63482747
There is no "sn." Just "is that...?" And there was a long ass pause before JJ took over when he saw the bitch had no clue who that even is, it's not like he immediately interrupted becaues shit was going down. And absolutely fucking nobody aside from the mispronounce guy seemed even the least bit nervous. Control your wishful thinking.
>>
>>63482801
Such is life.
>>
File: Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg (303 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
303 KB, 700x919
I know many rituals. Many secrets. And I have the strength to use them.
>>
>>63481521

Pretty true, the only scenes I remember from RotS are Plagueis and "I've got the high ground." My brain thought in memes before I knew what they were.
>>
>>63481713
idk why this made me kek so hard. the idea of hego damask saying those words like that to kylo ren is funny af for some reason.
>>
>>63482899
What about that other video where the interview asks her about Plagueis and she just awkwardly smiles and looks away instead of just saying "Who?"

Come on.
>>
>>63483092
Watch all of her interviews around then. She's sheepish about it all because at that point she doesn't know the weird eu canon. Anytime someone asks her a plot question she reacts that way. I mean, how the fuck would she have his staff at the beginning of the film?
>>
>>63483092
You really think that there is a Disney PR conspiracy to hide someone as insignificant as Plagueis? He's not iconic enough to bother.

Snoke being Boba fett, or clone of Vader, or some other character that is actually iconic, is a twist (although terrible ones). Plagueis is just>>63481713 No one would care.

Also, look as these:
>It wasn’t even clear what is canon in the Expanded Universe. And I don’t think the vast majority of Star Wars fans have ever read a novel. We can’t try and please every fan of that universe first. -JJ
>I've written four "Star Wars" movies now, and I don't know what the canon is.

You really think that all these people are willing to make a fool of themselves to hide a detail, that has no bearing on the story what so ever, about a character mentioned once in movie that is unknown to 99% but the few that read one novel?

There is 0 gain for Disney to do any of this.
>>
File: Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg (129 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
129 KB, 700x919
“I am Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith. I will survive. At any cost.”
>>
>Mexican traces drawing of Plagueis
>Calls it Snoke
>Collider makes a video about it
>Credits anonymous sources at Disney close to the production (AKA the "My dad works at Nintendo" defense)
>An anonymous person at Disney (rather than LucasFilm) contacts Collider and asks them to edit out the already widely viewed segment about Snoke because they want to keep Snoke's identity a secret
>Because Collider is such good friends with this person, rather than taking the video down and editing it quietly, they make a huge announcement post on their facebook
>They don't remove the video or the segment at all
>In fact, more people than ever are viewing the video to learn all the info before it goes down
>Collider has, therefore, satisfied Disney's (again, not LucasFilm's) request to respectfully keep this a secret
>Disney is satisfied and takes no further action, despite having the power to issue a DMCA and have the video removed immediately.
>The video is still up and unaltered.

How can anybody believe this?
How? Is the American education system this bad?
>>
“A Sith knows when to unleash the fury of the dark side and when to hold back. Patience can be a weapon if you know how to use it, and your anger can fuel the dark side if you learn to control it.”
>>
>>63476430
based Harloff
>>
>>63476314
Isn't plague dead tho?
>>
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
129 KB, 700x919
Why is Kylo not a Sith?

“The power of the dark side is strongest if it is concentrated in one vessel. Not spread out among many.”
>>
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
129 KB, 700x919
The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to."
>>
Reminder that anyone saying plagueis is not canon is a literal paid disney shill
>>
File: Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg (130 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
130 KB, 700x919
What's that? JJ is using more Nazi imagery? What say you?

Equality is a lie. A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow – those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence."
>>
>>63483188
Not him but it makes sense to have Plagueis.

Without Plagueis you just have a guy who without any formal training got himself up to Sheev's level. That's just silly and really cheapens the whole sith lord image. With Plagueis you already have someone who was confirmed to be hot shit, potentially even more powerful than Sheev.

And it doesn't matter that you stupidly assume normies are all morons and can't remember the most important conversation in the entire prequels, it will still be an homage that everyone who's not stupid can appreciate so it's worth the secrecy for that reason. If it was an OC character and not an already canon one, they would've revealed some more info about him already. That's when there would be zero gain to hide things.
>>
Daily reminder Bane wasn't a sith, he didn't follow the lol randum evil sith tradition, therefore, not a sith
>>
Reminder that if you see this movie on opening day some asshole will kill you in the theater
>>
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
130 KB, 700x919
But Bane is to practical to have something like Starkiller Base. He'd want to to it with subtlety!

"Do you feel it? Do you feel the power of the dark side? The only real power! The only thing worth living for! Do you feel invincible? Invulnerable? Immortal? Are you ready to kill a world?"
>>
>>63483603
Using plagueis might make sense, but hiding him doesn't.
>>
>>63483603
>can't remember the most important conversation in the entire prequels

This is what prequel defenders actually believe.
>>
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
130 KB, 700x919
>>63483619
Did I stutter?

“I am Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith. I will survive. At any cost.”
>>
>>63483723
>>63483666
>>63483572
>>63483513
>>63483468
>>63483353
>>63482952

Who is that in the pictures?
>>
It wouldn’t make sense to use Plagueis, because nobody even knows him, as opposed to a new villain who everybody would recognize... right?
>>
>>63483683
Why not? A lot of people will have an "oh snap" moment when he's revealed to be someone they already know things about. On the contrary, it would only not make sense to hide him if he was a brand new character.
>>
For anyone who doubts what OP stated: Theres no good reason to have another star wars trilogy, so no matter what they came up with it was bound to be some retarded retcon bullshit like this.
>>
>>63481214
As opposed to there being money in a different, "new" fictional character? What the fuck is the difference?
>>
>>63483666
Nice trips. Also. Isn't "have you felt it...." the first line we ever heard anyone say in the first trailer a year ago. And wasn't that Snoke's voice?
>>
Snoke. The real one. Not the disney red herring Plagueis.
>>
>>63481177
>Not only no one remembers that shit, the people that do don't care.
>the people that do don't care
>that's why we're posting in a fucking thread about it
>>
File: CIA.gif (61 KB, 156x267) Image search: [Google]
CIA.gif
61 KB, 156x267
>>63483754
Darth BANE?
>>
>>63483754
see
>>63483846
>>
>>63483784

That's precisely why it would make sense to use him.

A new character for normies and a well known character for autists.

It binds the trilogies pretty well. Both normies and autists will be pleased
>>
>>63483795
> A lot
But that's just not true, most people won't care. The only epople who would get it are the people that care about EU.

Also, there is no twist here. What difference does it make if Snoke is OC or plagueis? It changes nothing for the plot.
>>
>>63483885

DID I FUCKING STUTTER
>>
File: 1418628649453.jpg (510 KB, 990x437) Image search: [Google]
1418628649453.jpg
510 KB, 990x437
>>63483885

Dr. Pavelano I'm A Good Friend
>>
>>63476314
do normies even know who plageuis is?
>>
>>63483971

Love it but he based his costume on an action figure that came with a wrong lightsaber.

Bane's lightsaber was supposed to be red with a curved handle, much like Dooku's
>>
File: General Kenobi, Im ARC.jpg (65 KB, 405x529) Image search: [Google]
General Kenobi, Im ARC.jpg
65 KB, 405x529
>>63483971
>Tell me about Darth Bane, why does he wear that mask?

>>63483993
>4u
>>
>>63484017
No they dont. But as long as they see lightsabers and X-wings they will be appeased
>>
>>63484048

>Not "Force you"

For shame
>>
>>63483928
What fucking EU? He's directly mentioned in the fucking movie. The sith lord who could create life, cheat death, and trained Sheev, probably the one who created Anakin.

>It changes nothing for the plot.
except for everything said above and
>Without Plagueis you just have a guy who without any formal training got himself up to Sheev's level. With Plagueis you already have someone who was confirmed to be hot shit, potentially even more powerful than Sheev.
And also the fact there would be zero reason to hide details about him if he was OC. Seriously, do you work for Disney? There's just no way someone can be this fucking stupid without doing it on purpose.
>>
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
130 KB, 700x919
>>63484025
You have studied well, my apprentice.
>>
>>63483971

>Called Darth Bane

>Wears a mask

>If you pulled his mask off, he'd probably die

Is this apex pottery?

seriously
>>
>>63483909
Agreed, but why would they keep his identity secret? Though you could ask the same thing if he’s not Plagueis.
>>
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
130 KB, 700x919
>>63484203

"Information is a commodity. It can be traded, sold, and purchased. And in the end, credits are only as useful as the secrets they can buy."
>>
>>63484172
>What fucking EU?
Only people that follow the EU know about him specifically, in the film he is just one in forgettable thorwaway line that no normie remembers.

>except for everything said above and
Still no impact on the plot of TFA.

>And also the fact there would be zero reason to hide details about him if he was OC.
They are hiding him the way they are hiding Luke. They aren't hiding his existance, and if fact they made it very clear he's not plagueis multiple times.

>There's just no way someone can be this fucking stupid without doing it on purpose.
>I really like EU fanficiton, thus it's real in my mind

Sorry, no one cares about your EU novel.
>>
>>63483928
your right its still 805 a shot for shot remake of episode 4 the first movie released

luke plays obiwans role. kylo plays vaders. rey plays lukes . han plays hans because he went back to smuggling.finn plays c3po because he is just comic relief sorry to any one who thought he was going to be the new jedi thats rey shes got the starkiller... skywalker blood yea skywalker . they even have a replacement for boba who is about as nondescript personality wise

the emperor role is almost meaningless in episode 4. it wont be until later that any one gives a shit about him
>>
>>63484310
80%
>>
>>63484242

Because his identity is already known by autists and easily learneable for normies.

There's quite a lot of lore concerning plagueis already, if they revealed who he was, TFA would already lack any surprises, seeing how everything has been spoiled already.

Snoke's identity is the final twist of TFA, together with the reveal of Luke. Again, normies might only say "oh, so that's the real bad guy" but autists will cheer when they find out he is a Muun.

They just want to keep the hype machine running, that's all.

It's JJ's "Khan is not Khan" all over again.
>>
File: SHEEV.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SHEEV.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>63484172
Sheev?
>>
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
130 KB, 700x919
>>63484172
“My name is Bane. Bane of the Sith.”
>>
>>63484347
It's gonna be great.
>>
>>63484307
>He's not Khan!
>>
>>63484262

>If you pulled his crabs off, he would probably die

Jesus.

The pottery of Star Wars is a mystical thing on par with the Qabbalah
>>
>>63484360
It's nothing like Kahn, Kahn is known to every Star Trek fan, Plagueis only matters to the most extreme of Star Wars neckbeards.

If Harrison turned out to be the Crystalline Entity, then it would have been comparable in their level of obscurity.
>>
File: KaanNEGF.jpg (34 KB, 364x494) Image search: [Google]
KaanNEGF.jpg
34 KB, 364x494
>>63484417
>>63484417
Huh? What?
>>
>>63484409
It's gonna be great
>>
>>63484307
>that no normie remembers
You being a retard =/= everyone being a retard. Don't project your stupidity.

>having a legit established sith lord who ties the entire fucking saga together instead of some cheap random dude who came out of nowhere doesn't affect the plot

>b-but they SAID it's not Plageuis, they would never lie to not spoil the surprise :)

I'm out. You're literally a subhuman.
>>
File: Kaan-crazy.jpg (58 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
Kaan-crazy.jpg
58 KB, 640x420
>>63484466
I'm known to WHO?! STOP SPELLING MY NAME LIKE THAT
>>
>>63484466

Not really, Plagueis was not only mentioned in a main film, also had a pretty recent novel that was praised by the critics and was surprisingly succesful and well known for a Star Wars book.

He also got an action figure.

He's not very well known but I'd say he is just as well known as Revan or Tarkin. All Star Wars fans know him.
>>
>>63484514
Stay autistic, think of me next week.
>>
Who gives a fuck who Snoke is. It's literally irrelevant. Rey is going to kick his ass and that's all that matters in the end.
>>
>>63484552
He was mentioned as a legend during one conversation in one of the movies. That's it. And maybe you don't realize it because you follow the EU, but to most of the world, the EU doesn't matter at all.

I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, and I had no idea he had a book until people started throwing out these fan theories. I also have no idea who the fuck Revan is. Plagueis and other Eu characters aren't known to most people.
>>
>>63484673

How can you be so fucking dense I swear to god.

Disney is copying the EU they cancelled. It is not canon only because Disney wants to re-package it and re-sell it again.

The book is fucking famous and you are not a fucking great star wars fan if you dont know who the fuck Revan is.

You fucking waste of semen
>>
>>63484514
>I'm a neckbeared
>that means everyone else is too
>>
>>63483411
>Bane possessed Zannah
>Is probably still alive through possessing people for thousands of years
>>
>>63484794
This guy gets it
>>
>>63484726
>How can you be so fucking dense I swear to god.

That was my first post in this thread, man. I just thought it was ridiculous that people like you act like other people don't know the neckbeardy shit you do. No everyone plays Star Wars video games and reads EU novels. I grew up watching the movies and reading some the early EU, that's about it. I stopped giving it shit because it got ridiculous. Most Star Wars fan are the same, they like the movies and watch them. Most of the general public has maybe seen some of them. Very few people give a shit about characters that are only (or mainly) talked about in the EU.
>>
>>63480460
THIS
THIS RIGHT HERE
you have to be literally retarded to not see it. Disney is going to rip off the EU so fucking hard. I think even the rumours about the overall plot of the new trilogy being Yuuzan Vong inspired might be true.
>>
>>63481674
>Plagueis is dead and gone from Star Wars lore forever
But he was mentioned in Episode III which is clearly canon
>>
>>63485009
If they were EU ripping wouldn't snoke be palps clone?
>>
>>63484673
>I'm a huge fan
>I don't know about Plagueis, who had a whole scene talking about him and framed as an inspiration/motivation of Vader's turn to the dark side
>I don't know who Revan is
>But I'm a big fan, I swear guys
>>
File: Tri-Wing-Small.jpg (179 KB, 900x616) Image search: [Google]
Tri-Wing-Small.jpg
179 KB, 900x616
>>63476314

Reminder that this is either the rebel's "super weapon" or a new fighter design.

Reminder that this is the film with the ugliest, less original ship designs

It sucks either way
>>
>>63476314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4224eIk0xiA
>>
>>63485172
It's a film directed by JJ Abrams, did you seriously expected it to have soul or atleast a hint of creativity?
>>
>>63485169

So much this.

How hypocritical does one have to be to claim to be a "huge SW fan" and not know who Revan or Plagueis are.
>>
>>63484936
Not to mention he was the original sith to even come up with taking over the senate.

Some crazy shit could be said from that, like Sheev was Darth Bane all along.
>>
>>63481604
enough that he is not “infected” with the prequels’ “uncleanlines

Stupid faggot PT hater
>>
>>63485224
Because JJ draws the ships
>>
To cheat deat is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret.
>>
>>63485383
Bane knew how
>>
>>63485169

I know that he's a legend Palpatine talks about in Episode 3 to get Anakin interested in the dark side. Everything else you guys think you know is from the EU, which is so shitty and complicated, I stopped paying attention to it when I was 9. And not having interest in a Star Wars RPG makes me less of a fan? Nice one neckbeards.
>>
>>63481674
Reminds me of how they denied up and down that Khan was Khan.

Just like with Star Trek. The ONE person who was allowed to see the movie before it released died shortly after. Coincidence?
>>
>smoke revealed to be plagueis
>plagueis revealed to be jar jar
>>
>>63485332
That was my post. I was just talking from the point of view of the marketers of this film. I love the prequels.
>>
>>63485413
Yes. Having less interest in star wars products makes you less of a fan.
>>
>>63480775

>movies don't have fictional characters
>>
>>63485413
Haven't even read the novel and I know who Plagueis is
You're butthurt that your mom had to take you to the bathroom when you saw ROTS in the theater desu
>>
>>63481205
All they have to do is communicate that Snoke was once Sheev's master and then the normies will be onboard
>>
File: Solas.png (644 KB, 485x540) Image search: [Google]
Solas.png
644 KB, 485x540
>>63481592
>Bioware did it first
>>
>>63485413
>And not having interest in a Star Wars RPG makes me less of a fan?
Well, yeah. Who's the bigger fan, the guy who's read one book by author X, or the guy who's read twenty?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.