[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, smart guy. If Tony shouldn't have "a sudden gambling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1369058189876.jpg (84 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1369058189876.jpg
84 KB, 620x387
Okay, smart guy. If Tony shouldn't have "a sudden gambling problem", then when should it have come up?
Riddle me that, tough guy. See? You can't. It's perfectly in character to binge in one episode. After he finds out about Gloria, he drinks a lot. After he finds out about Sushi, he gorges on it.
>>
I have no idea what you're talking about. Is this a common criticism?
>>
Whenever someone posts something with this picture I always imagine Tony saying angry and while waving his and around like he is in the picture.
>>
>>63466084
On /tv/ at least, the only place on the internet that still talks about the Sopranos. They claim that the part in late season 6 where Tony is betting on horses and football but keeps losing, while he owes Hesh money, is bad.
>>
>>63466152
It's not just /tv/. "Chasing It" is a very commonly criticized episode in what is altogether a near-flawless season. I think it's a weaker episode, but I've never really understood the vitriol.
>>
File: tony sausage.gif (743 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
tony sausage.gif
743 KB, 500x270
>>63466186
It also sucks because it's the last time we get to see Hesh and Carmela's parents
>>
>>63466152
>kikes mad that a fellow kike is portrayed as a money hungry unreasonable dirty fucking hook nosed kike

what a surprise
>>
>>63466280
>a goyim is upset he's neither rich nor in power
Color me surprised.
>>
>>63466318
i am rich tho
>>
>>63466050

Thing is, in Tony's words, taking "degenerate gamblers" for all their worth is his "bread and butter".

So here is a guy, who has demonstrated he has no respect for compulsive gamblers, who preys on them, after years of being exposed to the world of gamblers and gambling, with no prior propensity or build up, he has a gambling problem?

Felt filler. It didn't even have repercussions.

Due to past characterization, he should have that problem at any point.
>>
>>63466489

*he SHOULDN'T have that problem at any point
>>
>>63466489
dude mobsters who take advantage of people gambling become gamblers themselves all the time
>>
What.

If anything, New york should have seen Tony as the genius he was and Inc. him.

Money is too precious to kill off.
>>
>>63466533
Name five.
>>
The whole gambling thing is basically part of Tony's decompensation that's present throughout the final season There were little signs of his gambling getting more frequent in the latter half of the show. Tony's father told him to never become a degenerate gambler. Tony breaks that rule and ends up soiling his relationship with Hesh, another father figure to him. The whole final season (6B) is Tony sinking down and down and alienating himself from everyone around him.
>>
He's betting on death. Don't make me show my power level, nub, I will nerd out
>>
>>63466574
Joey Bagadonuts
Lou Trampolini
Badabing Badaboom
Ascuzi Fangool
Peppino Moozadel
>>
>>63466050

Didn't increased stress factor into it along with his attitude towards Hesh?
>>
>>63466331
Ha! Kike.
>>
>>63466050
Tony never gambled before.
Then he gambles and loves it.
Then after a few big hits realizes it's not a good habit.
Stops because he's not retarded.
???
Profit
>>
op is one of them 'witchy broads'.
>>
>>63467048
Every sentence in this post is wrong. Wow.
>>
op is a fanook
>>
>a man honors his debts
>Tony realizes he's done bad by forgetting about owing Hesh, his dads friend
>can't man up and admit it
>decides to be petty about it and play the victim

I like how Tony isn't likable. Not everything he does is right or justified. He's not a Walter White, "boo hoo i'm doing illegal anti-hero things for the greater good, my family, these people would be getting drugs anyway".
>>
>>63466742
Not in that episode. He does it later, in Kennedy and Heidi
>>
>>63466152
if only there was an earlier plot thread where Tony had bet on horses only for it to end traumatically
>>
>>63467909
a) she was a hoo-wurse
b) she was losin' races

whaddaya king monogamy now? you fuck strippers and whores by the truck load
>>
>they go out on a Meadow can't drive joke
Season 2 opened with Meadow not being able to parallel park. There was a season 3 ep where she crashes Jackie Jr.'s car.
what's up with their sexist obsession?
>>
>>63466489
you're a fucking moron

he shouldn't have had that problem at all
>>
>>63468462
He's got to do something after his hospital trip, he's so bored, needs that adrenaline.
>>
>>63468108
what's wrong with being sexy?
>>
>>63468546
X-Men?
>>
>sopranos in 1080p is 364gb
OH MARONE
>>
>>63468642
Where you finding this? I found some enconded bullcrap so it's lower quality.
>>
File: Capture.png (20 KB, 986x104) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20 KB, 986x104
>>63468657
iptorrents familia
>>
>>63468693
Man I should have gone for that site instead of Myspleen.
>>
>>63468710
yeah myspleen is like the easiest tracker to get into.
>>
>>63468693
>BHD
Those guys need to keep seeding the public one. Or re-up the other links.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.