[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hold your fire, there's no life forms aboard You realize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: nolifeforms.png (788 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nolifeforms.png
788 KB, 1920x1080
>Hold your fire, there's no life forms aboard

You realize that if they just shoot the escape pod the movie ends right here right?

Also, the empire knows Leia has the plans for the death star and will try to get them to the other rebels, so why didn't they consider the possibility of them being on board the escape pod?
>>
Yeah it really should've been cut. All it attempts to solve is
>durr didn't the empire notice that escape pods were leaving?
>>
Doesn't Vader choke that guy?
>>
I tought that the huge ship swallowed the small ship whole, how did they scape?
>>
>>63461224
George should have added a large Boulder blocking the view of the escape pod in the special editions.
>>
>>63461307
Probably didn't have a closed hatch underneath the Destroyer.
>>
Did you even fucking watch the movie? They let them go on purpose to get to know where the rebel base is
>>
This scene is pretty retarded.

For one, they fire fucking lasers.

Lasers seem pretty cheap, considering they're pure energy, and they miss with them 90% of the time anyways.

Another thing, Leia could have hidden a holocron, or goddamned DROID in the pod with the deathstar plans on it.

There are tons of inconsistencies in the movies. I just explain it away with "The Force"
>>
>>63461572

If they were being tracked, why not leave the Falcon on some other planet, change ships, and go to the Rebel base undetected.
>>
>>63461572

That's even dumber

>Finding the rebel's temporary hideout is worth risking their ultimate super weapon.

The rebels really werent even much of a threat, and would have been completely crushed if not for luke's intervention.

Even if they somehow magically destroyed the first death star, #2 was probably fully operational by that point anyways.
>>
>arguing plot holes in a space fairy tale
>>
>>63461648
>I just explain it away with "The Farce"
>>
>There goes another one.

There were probably other pods that just short-circuited and launched. The officer didn't want to look like an idiot blowing up empty short-circuited space debris.
>>
>>63461224
were they trying to save ammo or something? what's the waste in shooting it?
>>
>>63461818
>>63461648
>>63461224
>Fire on empty pod
>Suddenly pod with rebels comes flying out
>Can't destroy it in time because you wasted shots on the empty pod and now your laser needs to cool down
That's probably the best explanation for what the Imperials were thinking.
>>
>>63461967

Lasers have never had to cool off in any star wars movie, and even the giant lasers on Imperial cruisers can fire once per second.

They basically wrote themselves into a hole, and pulled the "No life forms" excuse out of their ass.
>>
>>63461778
This is probably the best explanation, although it doesn't make much sense either. You'd think Vader would have given them orders "nothing gets out" or something.
>>
>>63462055
I think you're right; I'm using game mechanics instead of what we were shown.
>>
>>63462055
>lasers

Bolts of superheated plasma are not lasers.

The word laser was never even uttered in the films.
>>
>>63462224
>I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon
>>
>aboard a Star Destroyer
>it doesn't actually have the ability to destroy stars
>that's another ship called the Death Star
>oh no wait that can only destroy planets not stars
>and it's not a ship it's a station
>even though it can move
>>
>>63461572

That was when they were escaping the Death Star, not when Leia put the plans into Artoo and sent him to the escape pod.

>>63461224
>You realize that if they just shoot the escape pod the movie ends right here right?

And if Isildur had destroyed the Ring, Frodo never would have had to go to Mordor. Bravo, son, you've discovered that stories hinge on things not happening when they should. The gunners had blasted several other pods which contained fleeing crew members, they chalked that one up to a malfunction.

>Also, the empire knows Leia has the plans for the death star and will try to get them to the other rebels, so why didn't they consider the possibility of them being on board the escape pod?

That's literally the first thing Vader states when he's informed that a pod ejected with no one aboard. But it wasn't the gunner's place to be thinking about such things, they probably didn't even know why the battle was taking place. Need to know and all that.
>>
>>63462253
Pwnt
>>
>>63462324
Pretty sure Empire was all about striking fear into local systems to keep them in line, yr not gonna argue with fuckhuge capital ships called Star Destroyers
>>
>>63462253
Lightsabers are also superheated plasma
>>
>>63462324
When I was a kid -- growing up amongst a bunch of old fart veterans -- I maintained that 'Star Destroyer' simply meant that they were the Empire's tin cans, and that the battleships and carriers and stuff must be offscreen. I had my share of arguments over it.

Fast forward a few years to seeing the Executor and I was insufferable as fuck for awhile.
>>
>>63462515
Pwned by laser sword
>>
>>63461224
You don't do the budget, Terry.
>>
>>63461224

Why would they shoot it?
>>
>no life forms aboard, just forget about it

>in a universe where a galactic-spanning civil war was waged against droids only 20 years ago

>in a universe where droids are sentient and even bounty hunters and body guards and can operate independently
>>
>>63462939
Because it's an escape pod being launched from a rebel ship, in a universe full of inorganic beings.

Why wouldnt they shoot it?

It's surprising the imperial army was able to become so powerful, considering how incompetent they all are.
>>
>>63463029
Yeah I watched the review as well.
>>
>>63462224
>that wasnt a laser blast, something hit us!
>ESB
>>
>>63462331
>But it wasn't the gunner's place to be thinking about such things, they probably didn't even know why the battle was taking place. Need to know and all that.

Is the gun a laser gun? Why would they worry about not shooting empty pods? Were they wasting ammo?
>>
It's a kids movie, who cares
>>
Science fiction you stupid mother fuckers, yes I want to know about how they decide to shoot fucking escape pods or not in the imperial navy.
>>
>>63463791
Um ackshually
>>
File: 1237426940345.jpg (4 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1237426940345.jpg
4 KB, 150x150
>>
File: kekeke.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kekeke.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>
>>63462224
lasers are considered canon in star wars
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_cannon
>>
>>63462515
"We count thirty Rebel ships, Lord Vader, but they're so small they're evading our turbolasers."
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.