[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they have to go through this entire section instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: whystarwars.png (676 KB, 1020x429) Image search: [Google]
whystarwars.png
676 KB, 1020x429
Why did they have to go through this entire section instead of just flying above it and dropping the missiles directly in the stupid hole?
>>
the empire had the high ground
>>
its a bit station
>>
>>63458485
>Why did they have to go through this entire section instead of just flying above it and dropping the missiles directly in the stupid hole?
Because it's a dumb Hollywood movie that needed a big climactic scene.

Seriously, stop over-analysing cultural dreck.
>>
>>63458597

>dude just turn off your BRAIN LMAOOO XD!

Kill yourself.
>>
>>63458485
Because star wars is dumb as is their fanbase, now delete this thread and watch something better.
>>
>>63458710

Well if it is so dumb then why is it praised by so many people?

Maybe its you the one thats dumb.
>>
>>63458667
It's the opposite of that, retard. Did you read the second sentence? Can you not understand English?

I called it cultural dreck. No one should be watching this crap.
>>
>>63458797

>I called it cultural dreck. No one should be watching this crap.

>>>/r9k/

As I said, kill yourself.
>>
>>63458737
>Well if it is so dumb then why is it praised by so many people?
Because they're dumb, I though I just told you that.
>>
>>63458737
>I need others to think for me
You're a fucking retard.

You do know Donald Trump is very popular right now and is also praised by those people, too?

America is a cultural wasteland.
>>
>>63458828
Butthurt fanboi. I bet you can't understand why women are repulsed by you and your loser fanboi buddies.
>>
>>63458843

>shitskin detected

Get the fuck out of my country please.
>>
File: grief.jpg (16 KB, 333x322) Image search: [Google]
grief.jpg
16 KB, 333x322
>>63458878

> I bet you can't understand why women are repulsed by you and your loser fanboi buddies.

>that projection

Ayy somebody didnt have a good day at Highschool. What happened boy, did you get rejected again or something?
>>
>>63458485
The exhaust port was on the other side of the station. They had two options: stay far enough away that the turrets on the station couldn't hit them and dive in at the end, or move down into the maintenance trench where they were safe from most turrets.

As for why they didn't "drop the missiles directly" - the hole was vertical, not horizontal. So they'd have a horizontal approach no matter what, even if it was a sharper decline. Moreover, if they headed straight to the exhaust port, the empire would know what they were doing and fortify it.
>>
>>63458886
Thankfully I live in Europe, free from American scum.
It's very satisfying to watch America slowly ruin itself with morons like you who like Star Wars and vote Republican.

How ironic that you get angry at the "turn your brain off" line when you do that with politics. Also, Star Wars is literally made to be understood by children. It's not cerebral -- it's knuckle-dragger simple.
>>
>>63458485
even MORE guns outside of the trench.
>>
>>63458952

>still here
>still in Europe

Syria is calling to you Takbir, just let it in.
>>
>>63458910
It's ok if I hit a nerve, anon. The projection line usually is trotted out by the wounded.
>>
>>63458485
Because it's shielded and has AA batteries. The narrow canal also had AA but not as much as the exterior. Also, they were more effective against capital ships and not fighters, that's why they used them and went throught those canals

They said in the movie
>>
>>63458485
because the exhaust port was on the other side and the trench was cover to avoid being hit by anti ship canons.
>>
>>63458886
>Trump fans like star wars
>It's why they're butt hurt about black lead the way they're butthurt about a black president
Who will make SW great again am I right?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (28 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
28 KB, 400x480
how did the torpedoes turn at a 90 degree angle to go down the hole?
>>
>>63458934
>the empire would know what they were doing and fortify it.

They analized the attack and realized what they were trying to do, it was too late though.
>>
>>63459019
Because, (repeat after me) It's a dumb movie for dumb people.
>>
>>63459019
obviously because they had a trajectory lock and photon torpedos are essentially plasma/light in zero gravity so they can do shit like turn 90 degrees, same as a real missile can do on occasion.
>>
>>63458983

>this desperate comeback to save yourself from embarassment.

Its ok Anon, I am pretty sure she will pay attention to you one day, oh my gosh you are so smart! why wouldnt she!
>>
>>63459019
Luke used the force
>>
>>63458976
>Still in Europe
Yeah, because everyone wants to live in a cultural wasteland without proper health insurance, employee protection, public services, properly designed cities, culture, art, history, amazing food, sexy non-obese women, intelligent non-redneck people, pro-intellectualism, modern attitudes to sex.

It's hilarious how delusional Americans are. Why is my country full of US expats? Because they realise here is better.
>>
>>63459019
what part of "Use The Force" did you not get?
>>
>>63459054
>obviously because they had a trajectory lock
But Luke turned his targeting computer off.

Did he use the force to make the torpedoes turn 90 degrees? That's pretty fucking advanced considering he struggled to pull his lightsaber 2 years later.
>>
>>63459073
>>63459087
the plan never involved someone using the force
>>
>>63459058
>Its ok Anon, I am pretty sure she will pay attention to you one day, oh my gosh you are so smart! why wouldnt she!
This reads like words spoken from the horse's mouth. Poor yank.
>>
>>63458485
because then Lucas wouldn't have been able to rip off The Dam Busters
>>
>>63459116

Seems like I hit a soft spot.

You can talk about it on

>>>/adv/

Good luck
>>
>>63458934
>>63459007
"They're hiding from the turrets" is bullshit. Remember, only 3 fighters are in the trench at a time. The rest are flying above the surface fine and not getting hit. There's no reason they couldn't have just stayed there, dove down onto the hole and fired the torpedo straight down.
>>
>>63459109
Nope, but he disconnected the computer and went along with it whitout permission or telling anyone. No one knew he had the force except for Obi Wan and Han Solo, who thought it was bullshit anyway
>>
>>63459102
targetting computer, not the lock, computer tells you best time to fire and where, not get a destination lock.
>>
>>63458485
They explain this in the briefing.
>>
>>63459084
Stop acting like such a raging fedoralord, jesus. This is the most Reddit-tier evaluation of "Europe" I have ever seen. Why don't you post what actual country you're from instead of cowering behind "Europe", anyway?
>>
>>63459154
>Seems like I hit a soft spot.
Yeah, my sympathy for losers was triggered.
>>
File: notthelock.jpg (29 KB, 708x498) Image search: [Google]
notthelock.jpg
29 KB, 708x498
>>63459191
>Targeting computer isn't locking on
What the fuck are you blabbering on about?
>>
>>63458952
>America ruin itself
>vote Republican.

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>63459221
>Implying it's not all true.
Quality of life is much higher in Europe. Your country has 20% of people below the poverty line.

I'm German, fuccboi.
>>
>>63459221
better than being and ammosexual
>>
>>63459271

Calm down please, your poor attempt to prove yourself superior already failed, now you are on full retreat and overly defensive.

Life isnt easy champ, dont worry things will get better for you.

>>>/adv/
>>
>>63459297
Please vote Republican to do us both a favour. The sooner the Chinese become the hegemon, the better.
>>63459319
>ammosexual
This is brilliant.
>>
>>63459313
Hello, Turk.
>>
>>63459109
No, the force was always the next step of his master plan
>>
>>63459160
It was a narrow canal, more than 3 means they are shooting each other. Have you seen real combat footage? Bombing attacks never fly directly above the target since it's easier to be detected and shot down and you need to get away from your target fast, turning slows you down

https://youtu.be/wsDodFQPeJ0?t=16

>inb4 space war era has better technology!

Lucas based it off WW2 aerial attacks strategies.
>>
>>63459336
>overly defensive
You have a lot of reality distortion going on.
Do you always exaggerate things in order to win an argument? It's not really winning if you're bullshitting.

Sad yank keeps going, pretending he wasn't triggered.
>>
>>63459049
LMAO HE MADDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
File: disgust.jpg (52 KB, 1024x1094) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
52 KB, 1024x1094
>>63459393

Well... now this is just sad.

Hope things work out anon.
>>
>>63459417
You're very defensive.
Triggered.
>>
>>63459469
>I'll do what he's doing so I won't look like a butthurt babby fanboi
Enjoy your children's films, yank.
>>
File: 1427171777382.jpg (236 KB, 508x800) Image search: [Google]
1427171777382.jpg
236 KB, 508x800
The music for The Battle of Yavin was William's gift to starwars vidya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEEOcqbeclg

>playing X-Wing Academy
>all the digital samples perfectly complementing each other.
>>
>>63459388
>Bombing attacks never fly directly above the target
Never, ever fucking post again please. The entire existence of pic related disproved this retarded statement.

Meanwhile if you want to talk about the Falklands, Argentinian aircraft hugged the sea to avoid SAMs that were effective at medium altitude. Meanwhile again as I already posted, the rest of the X-Wings were flying above the Death Star surface (hell for the trench runs they were flying above it and watching!) and not getting shit from the defenses. And BTW the bombs the Argentinians dropped weren't even designed to be dropped that low and so half of them didn't go off because their fuses failed.
>>
>>63459313
Knew it, Kraus always call themselves European online because they've been trained from birth to hate themselves and the "culture" that they constantly flaunt. The US and Germany are ranked exactly the fucking same for quality of life above almost every other European country.
>>
>>63459019
They were designed to turn at the very end and Luke timed it perfect so they would go in the hole.
>>
File: divetac2.jpg (78 KB, 451x373) Image search: [Google]
divetac2.jpg
78 KB, 451x373
>>63459644
And not-moot ate my pic.
>>
>>63458485
They had to get close so they could have a higher chance of hitting the target. Remember it was about the size of a womp rat (2 meters).
>>
File: 4653531563125321.jpg (37 KB, 852x365) Image search: [Google]
4653531563125321.jpg
37 KB, 852x365
>>63459019
1. Gorge didn't think the physics through
2. The shitty effect does a bad job of showing the angle they were supposed to travel at, so instead of a natural, weighted curve, they turn unnaturally harsh.
>>
>>63459644
They're called Malvinas
>>
>>63459160
>implying there was even turret spread across the surface

The exhaust port probably had much more flack, so the safest way to get to it was the trench run.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.