[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas on the Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 580x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 580x381
>"I think the fans are going to love it. It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for."

He basically just said it was awful fan service garbage with no real vision. Disney and JJ BTFO
>>
>>63453461
BASED LUCAS

KUCKS BTFO
>>
>>63453461
Lucas thought Revenge of the Sith was what fans wanted. Then again, some people actually think that one is not complete shit.
>>
>It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for

What does he mean by this?
>>
>>63453537
RotS was also filled with the most fan service of all the Star Wars movies by far.
>>
>suddenly like lucas again
what happened?
>>
Man, I know it won't happen but it would be great if it bombs. Disney and the fan base deserve for it to blow up in their face.

Then Lucas would have 4 billion AND the last laugh on both of them.
>>
>>63453653
There's a sort of innocent charm to the prequels if you think of them as a child playing with toys, because that's all they really are; a manchild playing with his new CGI toys
>>
>>63455551
It's like poetry … every stanza kinda rhymes with the last one
>>
>>63453461
When the OT had such a black and white morality too it, what made Lucas feel like attempting (and mostly failing) at trying to make this morally grey civil war between confederates and a corrupt Republic?
>>
>>63453461

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>63453610
This film is returning to the magic of the original trilogy that the majority of Star Wars fans love. Real sets are being built, robots were created, CGI is used only when necessary and when it is used it's gorgeous. The cast is a bunch of nobodies who will be known for their first big roles forever just like the original. I'm also fairly positive JJ is gonna be avoiding childish humor (i.e. fart jokes and jar jar).

Basically George is saying that JJ is avoiding all shit he got criticized for doing in the second trilogy. If this is JJ getting blown the fuck out then George is totally off base. Props to him for creating one of the greatest series of all time but screw him if he's gonna be salty about new directors emulating his original techniques to replicate the magic that we all felt from watching IV and V.

JJ is the first generation of Star Wars super-fans to take the reins of the series. He knows what we love and he's gonna deliver. I have faith that this is going to be at least as good as VI.
>>
>>63456098
Thanks JJ
>>
>>63456098
>Rehash ANH with more phew phew lasers
Thanks JJ
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x320
>he doesn't watch le menace phantome
>he doesn't watch it in hue original french
>he doesn't watch it in black and white
>he doesn't appreciate it with a glass of Chardonnay
>he won't even chuckle to himself at the gags
>>
>>63453610
A generic scifi movie that isn't actually star wars
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.