[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one get into acting? I've been doing bits of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 234235566345.jpg (105 KB, 480x402) Image search: [Google]
234235566345.jpg
105 KB, 480x402
How does one get into acting?

I've been doing bits of performance all my life. I've done commercials and voice overs for television, and I've always had a desire to act but I'm not sure how to do it.

I'm a 26 year old male, fit, tall/dark/handsome type. Would like to play roles as quintessential badass in film. Do I need to take theater and acting classes? Can I audition for a student film or something without any prior training and see if I have natural ability?

I feel like I could Harrison Ford wing it and maybe make a name for myself, but I am afraid to fail tbqh.
>>
>>63446855
Harrison Ford is literally one of the luckiest people in human history.

I'd say, take some classes first. Study what people are doing wrong, and stray away from that. Find a good agent, and audition like mad any chance you get. Learn how to suck Jew cock. There's really no guarantee you'll get anywhere with acting, but if you're dedicated to it just keep pushing.
>>
be jewish
>>
As long as you realize a majority of aspiring actors can't make a fulltime living at it. There aren't enough roles in movies/TV to support all of them.
>>
>>63446855
What are some commercials you've been in? I have some connections, and I'm kind of bored. I'd feel like hooking you up.
>>
>>63447026
Kind of crazy how Jewish-dominated Hollywood is. They're only 2% of the U.S. pop. WTF.
>>
From what i've read in interviews from many, many actors, its seems your best bet is either knowing someone who's already in the industry, or being at the right audition at the right time.
Even established actors who've been in semi-decent movies aren't guaranteed work all the time. Thats why agents are a thing in Hollywood.

Good luck with everything.
>>
>>63447047
Local stuff. I work in television and when the creative services department needs someone to stand in and say, endorse a product in front of the green screen, I do that occasionally. Nothing national I'm afraid.
>>
Realistically, the best you can hope for is to be one of those actors who consistently gets guest and supporting roles. Even those smaller roles pay a lot, and you could make a living from that.
>>
Bryan Cranston said you have to "have to" be an actor, because you're going to be demoralized when you go to casting calls and see a ton of people who look like you.
>>
File: PPhcg.jpg (353 KB, 1600x1250) Image search: [Google]
PPhcg.jpg
353 KB, 1600x1250
>>63447067
Nepotism is a powerful thing. Now you understand why they've been exiled from so many countries throughout history.
Sure, religious persecution was a part of it, but Rome and Germany and Moscow and the other 100+ countries knew how quickly they rise into power.
America is a testament to what happens when you let them rise to power.
..and the most fucked up thing is that if you dare to point it out to anyone, you're obviously a fucking rasict nazi sympathizer.

(Pic related is pretty old, but still an expample.)
>>
I can't answer your question, but I'm curious as to how you got into voice acting. I've always wanted to do that but never knew how to break in.
>>
File: 1444643928279.png (211 KB, 2092x1270) Image search: [Google]
1444643928279.png
211 KB, 2092x1270
>>63447407
>>
Are literally 90% of American Jews in the media, finance, and law? I'm confus.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.