[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCCU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
So do you think DC's current attempt at cinematic universe will succeed, or some of the future movies will flop and they will trash the idea yet again?
>>
>>63444903
Yes. Marvel's 'peak' was a few years ago and they are dwindling. Modern DC has established itself as a darker film alternative experience to the marvel flicks. BvS is going to be incredible, visually, emotionally.
>>
File: gal-gadot.png (321 KB, 370x639) Image search: [Google]
gal-gadot.png
321 KB, 370x639
>>63444903
D R O P P E D
>>
>>63444903
>future movies will flop and they will trash the idea yet again?
THEY WILL
>>
>>63444981

The thing about Marvel it's that they are Disney, and they have their own movie studio, so they can finance as many flops as they wish without a problem, where I doubt Time Warner cares about capeshit that much, and as soon as they have flop they will back down from any possible sequels and such.
>>
MMMMM
>>
Quality thread! Upvoted
>>
>>63444903
flop, and trash. i was actually excited for suicide squad but BvS makes me worry.
>>
>>63444981
dwindling? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1430010964610.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1430010964610.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>63445330

>tfw Eisenberg's Lutor becomes DCCU equivalent of Loki and we start to see him in every future DC movie.
>>
>>63445395

Thank you, maybe t'll end up on the hot page.
>>
>>63444903
At least they're trying even if Snyder tends not to deliver what the audience want/expect.

Either way I think we all can agree the DCCU has turn into a meme factory.
>>
>>63445445
Dr strange will be the final nail in the coffin
>>
I like Marvel and DC films equally, am I a defective human being?
>>
>>63446312

>Guardians of the Galaxy will flop!
>$773,312,399 worldwide

>Ant-Man will flop!
>$518,570,326 worldwide
>>
>>63444903
I think it will succeed but not to Marvel levels.
The main films Batman/JL will do decent business, but the lesser ones like Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman etc, even Stand alone Superman films will not be runaway successes. We are almost a decade into the superhero bubble and DC are still playing catchup. They should have had their universe up and running within two years of Iron Man 1's release. So rather like Man of Steel I think the DCU will do fine but not break any records. And as long as DC fans get to see their heroes on film, why should they care?
>>
File: 1435217285327[1].jpg (60 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
1435217285327[1].jpg
60 KB, 640x496
>>63446441

Yeah there's no stopping Marvel, the worst MCU movie is The Incredible Hulk with it's 260mil box office, which is still not a complete failure since they are not on loss, everything else is 500mil+ with major box office hits like avengers and iron man which are 1billion+
>>
>>63446612
>They should have had their universe up and running within two years of Iron Man 1's release
No one even thought about the idea of a shared movie universe at the time, both Hulk and Iron Man 1 was standalone movies with a cool easter egg scene at the end.
>>
File: 4158142-lol[1].jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4158142-lol[1].jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>63447285

Nigga they formed Marvel studio for the exact purpose of MCU, since that way they were not tied by other studios, had full artistic freedom over the movies and most importantly they got all the profits from their movies, and not only a part like in the past from their licensing deals.

Also DC was trying to make a cinematic universe years before Marvel, but they failed every time since every movie which wasn't batman floped like a motherfucker
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.