[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>production cost under $10 million >didn't even make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
>production cost under $10 million
>didn't even make $200k at the box office

It wasn't the best film I ever saw but how the fuck did it flop so bad?
>>
I like sci-fi but I thought it was pretty bad
>>
That cost $10m to make? Holy shit.

Also it was released digitally over a month before getting a theatrical release. I can't imagine it had too many screens playing it when it was released.

The latest paranormal activity had the same problem, it had its theatrical release around the same time as its digital release and there's been an argument that the digital release killed its box office.
>>
It had a couple of cool moments but overall wasn't a very good movie.
Also as >>63437209 said it was released online.
>>
ive never heard of it
so
marketing might have helped
>>
File: 10-1.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
10-1.jpg
449 KB, 1920x1080
only cool thing about the movie desu
>>
>>63437098
it was boring and stupid
>>
>>63438116
Yeah, I didn't give a shit about the rest of the movie, but I really liked the ending, and the weird positive message it seemed to have.
>>
File: europa.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
europa.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
this was the best shot in the movie
>>
>>63437098
Why would anyone want to see a movie about fucking Europe. We have mudslimes here, we don't need to see theirs too.

This is why it failed.
>>
Some people said this was better than the Martian, those people were wrong.

O-K, but not great.
>>
>>63437098
what are presales to foreign territories
what is VOD

by your reasoning everything that doesn't get a nationwide theatrical release in the US is a flop
>>
>>63437098
Boring piece of shit
>>
>>63438947
Fair point actually, most normies probably have no clue what Europa is.
>>
>>63439512
A slick font?
>>
>>63439567
a chunk of ice next to jupiter
>>
>>63437098
I really liked it. It sucks that it flopped. The masses will only flood the theatres if you give them some action schlock mixed with light sci-fi these days.
>>
>>63437098
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63437098

Very limited release. Movies without wide release and major marketing push aren't really expected to make money.
>>
>>63437098
>Did the film have explosions?
>Did it have lots of sex scenes?
>Did it require you to turn off your brain?

Your answer is in there.
>>
>>63437098

I liked how the executives in charge of the mission tried to put a positive spin to everyone on the mission gruesomely dying and the expensive equipment being completely destroyed.
>>
File: europa-report-crew.jpg (40 KB, 535x279) Image search: [Google]
europa-report-crew.jpg
40 KB, 535x279
was fun to watch
I liked it
>>
>>63439926
you gotta agree that the lives of a handful people, billions of dollars in equipment and operating costs are literally NOTHING compared to the discovery of complex alien lifeforms
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.