[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F is for Family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
36 KB, 480x360
Will it be GOAT or will it suck? If it's anything like Bill's podcast, I'll be hooked.

Title is kinda dumb, though.

You LAY-DIES ready for that show over theya?
>>
Dude I'm hoping it goes well for the guy I really do. But I'm scared it's going to bomb and I dunno what's going to happen other than the obvious of they stop producing it and he just sticks to doing stand up
>>
>literally resembles peter and lois
>unoriginal family dynamic

no thanks
>>
>>63428146
looks like a KOTH rip off tbhh
>>
I love Bill Burr but it just doesn't look that good desu. Bill should stick to standup
>>
>>63428146
STOP MAKING THIS TV SHOW.
STOP MAKING THIS THERAD.
STOP IT.
>>
Is this supposed to be a parody of Family Guy and King of the Hill or are they out of ideas?
>>
>>63428146
writers?
voice actors?
>>
>>63428819
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_Is_for_Family

huh, well maybe itll be total shit
>>
goat calling rite nao
>>
Some of the jokes in the teaser fall flat, and the characters seem tired.

But if we just get raw Bill Burr I think there's potential.

>If anything happens to your sister, I'm coming home and throwing you through the fucking wall.

If you listen to MMPC this is the funny shit Bill is always saying.

I'm praying that the whole show is just Bill going on long, incoherent rants about shit he doesn't understand.
>>
>>63428146
Only if it's a scathing parody of Family Guy with S1-2 Spongebob-tier writing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFzrvMS6P8g

1:38 to the end I couldn't stop laughing tbqh rest was meh
>>
Has potential and I trust Bill so I will watch it but I know I'm probably going to be disappointed.
>>
Why do the dads in these shows always wear white shirts?
>>
>>63431316
they are white collar workers
>>
The trailer was pretty shit, but Bill Burr's comedic style doesn't really translate well to trailers. He's more of a long-form comic with the fast reverse, so if you take the punch line out of context it falls flat.

That said, I'm not holding my breath. Doesn't seem to be doing anything new or original.
>>
>>63429234
>swearing
edge.
also doomed for failure
>>
Seems like a KoTH rip off to be quite honest Family.
>>
>>63429234
sam rockwell delivered the only funny line in this trailer
>>
>>63429234
I like it.
>>
>Bill Burr
>>
I really like Bill but I'd much rather that he would just talk about the funny shit that happened when he was a kid on his podcast instead of trying to make KotH with swearing.
>>
Burr is the only reason anyone in this thread has hope.
He was on rogan's podcast and they told burr to 'push it further' and gave him all creative control.
Which means to me, that they think they've got some secret Louie shit going on but they forget that Louie C.K is probably a better writer/director than comedian and his love of Finch only helped create a unique show.
The animation looks tired as fuck, the characters save the dad look like straightmen and I don't think burrdad will be able to carry the show.
He might be great at comedy but I don't think he's made anything passable at this rate if this is the trailer they put out.
I'll give it a shot because burr, but I don't expect it to get to KotH level. I never watched Bob's burgers because that just looked stupid, so I don't expect much from this.
>>
>>63428648
please let it all be on purpose as an ironic caricature making fun of family guy and such. Bill Burr is a smart motherfucker this show HAS to be satire based comedy I can only pray.
>>
>Loser and quirky father
>Loving mother
>Edgy, angsty teen child
>Le kids
>Le dog

Gee I havent seen this type of show before
>>
>>63428760
Its not a tv show. It doesnt air on tv you fuck wit.
>>
"Its gonna beya shitshow!"

Ill still watch it though, hopfully it has some emotion like bojack
>>
>>63432719
You just described 90% of families in the 70s.
>>
This will be an edgy deconstruction, Burr has already confirmed it's serialised so expect it to be like BoJack. Knowing Burr the dad will be genuinely abusive and depressed and the mum will be a cheating whore.
>>
>>63432719
>kids
>dogs
Truly the most tired meme in the history of man
>>
>>63431842
>>63431408
>>63428984
>>63428787
>>63428693
Looks more like married with children if they genderswapped Kelley ans Seven
>>
>>63432865
Then what would you call it? I have yet to see an answer from anyone making this remark, just people sperging over semantics.
>>
Let's face it Netflix only make cheap ripoffs nowadays.
Bojack is still GOAT though.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.