[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>IN YOUR FACE reference followed by an overly explained joke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
>IN YOUR FACE reference followed by an overly explained joke
>violence, shock, gore, disturbing scenes
>everybody has to have a sub plot, thus each gets less time and seems to be much shorter
>generic story line for every episode, Peter acts like douche, realizes it halfway through, makes amends and apologizes with sad speech, Brian is trying to bang a hot but stupid chick or is acting like a liberal douche, Chris is a retarded psychopath, Stewie is a flaming homosexual and is basically comedic relief, Lois is either ignored or a waste of space, and Meg is ignored and hated by everyone for no reason besides "she's Meg"
>SO MANY FUCKING CUTAWAYS LIKE THERE ARE MORE CUTAWAYS THAN ACTUAL STORYLINE JESUS

And yet I watch every new episode. Maybe for nostalgia. I don't know.
>>
Family Guy in it's peak was legit the funniest TV show ever and destroyed The Simpsons.
>>
>>63427112
It still is. Only redditors don't like it.
>>
File: 1439414234326.png (198 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439414234326.png
198 KB, 1024x1024
>>63427137
>le reddit meme
>that'll show him!
>>
>>63427166
>pepe
>trump
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63427214
>calling people Reddit

Reddit, hello!
>>
>>63427080
Nice blog fag
>>
>>63427238
¡Hola el reddito!
>>
File: image.gif (271 KB, 350x231) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
271 KB, 350x231
>>63427299
checko soy doubles??
>>
>>63427080
Post your favorite FG moments,
S1-3 only
Hard Mode: S1-2
>>
>>63427080
Can anyone pinpoint for me the very episode where Stewie wasnt the evil genius baby and now a flaming homosexual?

Does he still do things with technology or does he just play off of Brian?
>>
>>63427461
I don't think its a specific episode but I think its post-cancellation Stewie that's the gay homo
>>
>>63427080

Favorite cutaway gag was when they literally showed the entire music video for "Dancing in the Street" that Jagger and Bowie did in the 1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRBsJmLveKQ
>>
Reddit here.

I think this show blows.
>>
>>63427461
Theres one episode, maybe 15 minutes of shame? where he jokingly says wouldnt it be great if he turned out to be a homosexual. In general S3 hinted at itm while post cancellation just made him outright

>>63427522
>dude anti-humor is soo funny? did you see that family guy last night? they played a music video for FIVE MINUTES!!!!
no
>>
>>63427461
I prefer homo Stewie. an "evil genius" type thing is so gay and boring.
The only time recently they've had him with gadgets is just for the gimmicky time travel/alternate universe plots.
>>
>>63427112
Yeah, it knew its place as a comedy cartoon. It didn't try to make you feel fake feelings (past season 1) like The Simpsons did. It was so tiring to have Homer be a jerk or whatever, then to learn his lesson and promise to be a better husband or father, and have it reset at the start of the next episode. It was so cheap. It diminished the lesson they were trying to force on you.
The Simpsons could have been greatest of all time if it had consequences and continuity beyond "maude died, apu has kids". It doesn't have to have a planned place to end or anything.
>>
>>63427347
>i'll never get big beautiful breasts like these!
Season 1 was only 6 episodes, it'd be hard to find a great part from that.
>>
File: You don't even know who I am.jpg (47 KB, 459x342) Image search: [Google]
You don't even know who I am.jpg
47 KB, 459x342
>>63427347
>>
>>63427080

>And yet I watch every new episode. Maybe for nostalgia. I don't know.

boredom for me. same goes for zombie simpsons
>>
>>63427461

tech stewie appears once a season for the token time travel episode with brian
>>
>>63428514
Benjamin Disraeli?
>>
I remember the long cutaway sequences like that episode where Peter has a fight with chicken and they travel while fighting and all the ridiculous dance numbers that went on for far too long. I really loathe seth's humor sometimes but I still appreciated how well done some of those where.

There was a random episode I forgot where Stewie goes way too far when him and Brian are trapped in the bank and its probably the most awkward episode I've ever watched of television.
>>
>>63430918
Not when Brian gave Stewie herpes?
Not when Stewie impregnated himself with Brian's DNA so they could have a baby?
>>
>>63427080
This guy writes like he really needs some cock up his ass
>>
>>63431231
I missed those. I only remember the bank one because I remember the show itself just taking a few minutes to let Brian sincerly freak the fuck out about whatever stewie did.
It really is shock humor through and through. I think thats why The Simpsons/Early Futurama gets fond attention because it was a show with humor, not a bunch of humorous takes cobbled into a show. Brian is like the effigy of an actual thoughtful show, getting shit on at every possible point to squeak out a laugh.
>>
>>63430918
Yes, I remember that one. I watched it with my brother. There was literally no funny moments in it and we both kind of just changed the channel without a word. We usually loved FG, but after that we definitely drifted from it. So awkward. Especially when Stewie curls into the corner and the episode cut to commercials. Did not feel like FG at all.
>>
>>63431520
That episode was made as a response to "you guys always do dumb cutaway gags" so they tried to make a serious episode where it was focused on just two characters without wacky references.
>>
>>63427347

Season 1: the very first episode where Peter is dropping money from a blimp at the super bowl and John maddens commentary

FOOTBALL
>>
>>63431592
>we need a find an event that draws ten thousand people
>.........
>we might have to leave rhode island for this one.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.