[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're tasked with writing the next hit British TV comedy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2191231201113.png (452 KB, 1349x870) Image search: [Google]
2191231201113.png
452 KB, 1349x870
You're tasked with writing the next hit British TV comedy.

It must:
- be zany
- appeal to Redditors
- have references to nerd culture
- have an awkward protagonist
- have plenty of cringe

Where is it located?

What is the main character's name and profession?

What are his goals?

What is the overall narrative arc?

How does it end?
>>
>>63425899
Just remake The Office :^)
>>
Office/IT crowd rip off set in GCHQ, where all the cast members laugh at the minutiae of all our lives.

Fuck, call it, "listeners."
>>
>>63427682
> it's a (character name) falls for a girl and inappropriately uses phone tapping/data collection tech to find out all about her.
>>
>>63427682
> it's a the boss is a complete kek and is always finding his wife cheating on him but is too much of a pussy to do anything and takes it out on his staff episode.
>>
>>63427682
> it's a (character name) stumbles upon a secret organization that runs the world from the shadows and mysteriously disappears episode.
>>
>>63427748
>>63427803
>>63427871
top zany

but how can we make it speak to redditors?
>>
>>63425899
Ahmed Mahmoud is a brilliant medical student living in London. His parents were poor first generation refugees and so he has to pay his way through school working at a local comic store. There he meets plenty of wacky characters, including his nemesis the islamophobic Nigel Crowley. Things really get awkward when Ahmed starts dating Crowley's sister, which forces Ahmed to befriend a local grime crew to protect him from her brother's wrath.

The series ends with an MC clash between Crowley's crew of white supremacists who only spit over instrumentals featuring Thatcher quotes and Ahmed's crew of multi-ethnic nerds and street hoodlums. Ahmed's crew victoriously wins and Nigel kills himself in rage. Flash forward twenty years later and Ahmed is the Prime Minister.
>>
>>63425899
>Location:
New York
>Main Character(s):
Fat egotistical ogre writer/blogger for buzzfeed type shit
>Goals:
Self-indulgence under the disguise of activism
>Narrative:
Crazy wild girl adventures that lead to inspiration for a new writing piece!
>End:
When she stops making money.

I would name it... Girls
>>
>>63428296
Nerd conspiracy theory data analyst snowden type character.
>>
/tv/ bitches about the British more than /pol/ does.

It's amusing to me that even after decades upon decades of British actors being a staple in Hollywood you still act like British actors and British produced works are something that's only come around in the past 10 years or so. It's some of the weirdest placed xenophobia I've seen from a board and it's pretty much all centralized here.
>>
>>63428924
so whens the table read?
>>
>>63429059
>/tv/ bitches about the British more than /pol/ does
/pol/ hates muslims too, anon.
>>
>>63425899
Hi Riley.
>>
>>63428849
>british

>>63428502
>comedy

>>63428924
this is more like it

>>63429059
>>63429774
>butthurt

these are all me btw
>>
Jesus appears on the planet. Changes the planet as we know and everyone wants to know what message he has to bring. Jesus turns out to be a pretty cool guy and wants to chill and live his life normally so he lives with two atheists
>>
File: DSCN1444.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1444.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>63430023
This is an OK start.

Is he trying to date an aggressively bland girl?

How does he fumble it?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.