[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Boring/slow start but got really good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 7
File: file_118510_0_theleftoversart.jpg (200 KB, 640x948) Image search: [Google]
file_118510_0_theleftoversart.jpg
200 KB, 640x948
Thoughts?
Boring/slow start but got really good.
>>
>>63423507

Just finished watching the last episod;e. Holy fuck this show is fucked up. In a good way
>>
>>63423507
>but got really good
'no'
>>
>>63423507
Did I miss the part where they explained why the missing daughters turned into giant cunts?

>Missed the Meg episode last week
>>
>>63423507
should I watch from the season 1, or skip it and jump to season 2
>>
can i watch s2 straight away or do i have to watch s1. i heard it was boring but i just wanna meme with you guys.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>63424667
There was no such part per se, but it is obvious that the reason Evie turned to the Guilty Remnant lies in the fact that her family wasn't a "happy" one.
>>
>season 1
>boring

go watch breaking bad or GoT reddit fags
>>
season one was filled with try hard and cringe inducing "metaphor" scenes that sucked shit

acting was trash from everyone execpt the david lynch guy
>>
>>63425589
>reddit fags this mad
>>
>>63425392
fuck off gay nigger retard
>>
>>63425589
"I enjoy shitty shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad because I'm a reddit pleb" - (you)
>>
Absolutley phenomenal those faggots at hbo better renew it
>>
>>63425619
>>63425619
>>>/r/theleftovers
>>
It's a dumb fucking show. Everyone is a moody emo edgelord. Nora has an excuse for acting like that, but the rest don't. Jill is annoying cunt.

>waaah my mommy and daddy aren't together anymore :(

So? She's fucking 17. Nobody at that takes seperatiom that badly. Suck it up you fucking pussy.

Laurie is a dumb bitch too.

>waaah I'm joining a cult because the baby I didn't even want disappeared ;(

Oh and let's not forget about the worst character on the show, Meg.

>my mommy died before the departure and no one paid attention to me!

Who fucking cares? Why do you need other people's attention? It's your fucking mom not theirs you cunt.

The others are completely unlikeable too.

Kevin and Matt are spergs.

Patti is a fat whore that got brought back even though she's completely boring.

Tom is wigger.

The nigger families are niggers.

The show is shit. All the characters except Nora are moody for no reason.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
>>63425825
Horse.
>>
>>63425486
Ah ok, thanks, thought I was missing something about that storyline from missing last week. Ill did up the episode anyway somewhere to watch it though
>>
How did Evie and her girlfriends even reach GR?
>>
>>63425684
Hey man, I love The Leftovers but don't talk shit about Mad Men

>>63425819
Thanks for posting and for missing the point. You really did a good job of imagining the situation or even showing any form of empathy or intelligence.
>>
>>63425819
>Everyone is a moody emo edgelord. Nora has an excuse for acting like that, but the rest don't. Jill is annoying cunt.

Her mother did try to murder her last season, seems like she should have some anger about that...
>>
>>63425970
I don't know i skipped s1
>>
>>63425970
We saw her and Meg meet a couple years before Meg joined. Evie already thought the town was bullshit. It's not unreasonable that Meg and her stayed in touch.
>>
>>63426008
>missing the point

What point? The whole point of the show is that everyone is an emo bitch. The mystery elements are pointless since they're never going to get explained, they're only their to bait the audience so they can continue watching angsty retards cry about how bad their lives are.
>>
>>63425819
how can someone watch this much of the show and take so little from it
>>
File: 1409755803485.jpg (34 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1409755803485.jpg
34 KB, 680x680
>>63423507
The afterlife is a hotel where you kill people as an international hitman. I think the scariest part is waking up with only Euros in your wallet. It's like "holy shit european fun bux, I'm screwed."
>>
>>63426069
First of all, don't watch the show if you don't like it.
Second of all, it's been almost 12 years since LOST premiered and you still don't know how Lindelof writes television.
Third of all, try to actually put yourself in their shoes. Consider what it would mean for 2% percent of the world's population to vanish. That would put a lot of people into question about what life is or why anyone in the world is important. Your very being is put into question. There's no more framework for existence if anyone can disappear at any moment for an unknown reason. It's a look into a world and the people who live in it. The show isn't for everyone, but try to make an argument that's a little more thought out than they are too angsty.
You've watched the entire series up until at least episode 9 of season 2 and hated every second of it it sounds like. Why would you do that?
But hey, nice discourse.
>>
It's like rectify but for plebs

except the plebs didn't watch it
>>
File: s01e09.jpg (205 KB, 1703x964) Image search: [Google]
s01e09.jpg
205 KB, 1703x964
>"Are you ready?"

are there any theories to who these people are?
>>
>>63427230
Nobody

They just put them in the scene to make it all mysterious
>>
>>63425819
You're right about Jill
>>
>>63427230
Maybe like Patti they had some premonition or sense that there was about to be a happening.
>>
>>63427083
I enjoyed rectify for like the first season, but it's only average / slightly above average.
>>
>>63427363
and leftovers is slightly worse than that
>>
>>63427230
Also why would there be gas line explosions in both Mapleton and jarden on October 14th?
>>
>>63427298
Not at all. Jill's mother attempted to kill her, her father was clearly going through mental issues, her best friend she thought was attempting to fuck her father, and her brother was completely gone.
>>
>>63425819
>waaah my mommy and daddy aren't together anymore :(
Except she didn't waaah about that at all. She behaved like a regular cynical edgy teen.
There was was also more than just separation involved in this dynamic too, she left her family for a cot and a carton of reds.
The only time she imposed herself at all was when she busted her way into the GR before their prank, and even that wasn't very farfetched.
>>
>>63427403
Nah. Season 1 was a rollercoaster of meh - great episodes. Season 2 was phenomenal. That being said the first season fell into a True Detective Season 2 style polarization here on /tv/

By that I mean that the first episode was intriguing and drew us in wanting more. Eps 2 & 3 weren't that great for maintaining the interest, partially because some viewers obsess over getting answers for the disappearance. Ep.4 was a step up.
>>
who did Virgil diddle?
I have doubts that it was John
I think it was one of the kids desu
>>
>>63427565
It's unclear, Lindo says they might touch on it if they get another season.
>>
Did this show ever get better?I watched like most or all of the first season but forgot it existed.It had hope but never got there for me
>>
>>63427565
When the boy was telling the truth about the bathroom story they were both super young, and their father was already in jail for shooting gramps. If one of the kids was molested, I'm sure John would of freaked the fuck out waaaay more when he learned his son was hanging out with him behind his back. I actually thought Erika might of been the victim, and she was actually just much more resilient about the whole issue.
>>
>>63427565
>>63427919
pretty sure it was evie. Kinda explains why she is the way she is.
>>
>>63427919
>I'm sure John would of freaked the fuck out waaaay more when he learned his son was hanging out with him behind his back.
A minute after learning that he shot a man dead.
>>
>>63427697
>>63427919
I think it's important to the Murphy family dynamic
I am particularly interested in the fact they the rest of the family consistently refer to him "letting it go" i.e. the transgression committed by Virgil as the rest of them seem to have come to terms with it and even forgiven him (the son)
I would think this would be the case only if the transgression was NOT against John himself, and that the person offended had come to terms or forgiven it

the other part that bothers me would be the timeline, if John himself or even Ericka was molested when they were younger, why would John have snapped when he had a family established?

>>63427958
I agree
>>
>>63425819
It's so obvious your a fan trolling
>>
>>63423507
So fucking good, love this show so much.
>>
>>63428011
S3 isn't gonna switch locations again. We will get Evie flashbacks, Michael and Jill relationship, Matt and John have to sit down for a talk now that Mary is awake, etc.
>>
>>63427958
I considered that, but she would of literally been a baby when she was molested, which begs the question of why that poisoned her against the town. Wouldn't she just really hate her grandpa? I mean, would anyone blame their parents for trying to hide the fact you were molested as an infant from you? Nah, the reason Evie joined GR was because her family was falling apart, and she realized how hollow her town was. I also think the primary reason she joined was because she became wise to the fact that her father violently beat up people and burned their houses down. She knew the palm-print nigga-wizzad before he got torched out, so it's possible that was one of the deciding straws for her. What better way to get back at daddy for being a violent cult bashing thug than joining a crazy ass cult? Realize how horrifying it would be to find out your loving father destroys people as a hobby.
>>
>>63427919
>>63427958
Michael says him and Evie didn't understand why their dad did what he did. Maybe they were too young to understand or remember. Virgil in his conversation just says he hurt John, then Patti calls him a pedophile. Patti may have been wrong or lying. Then we find out he was Erika's dad. That would seem to make it less likely he molested John at a young age, and I never tought it made sense that hothead John would have waited years to get back at an old man for that. But then John sort of tries to wave it off when Kevin says he knows he did something to him.
My theory at this point is John was dating Erika, and exploring gaydom with Virgil. Virgil molested Erika and John was "hurt" by this and shot Virgil, busting Erika's hearing. Erika was already knocked up with the twins and felt obligated to John for doing that for her anyway.
>>
>>63428125
>but she would of literally been a baby when she was molested
we don't know the timeline. They were what? 5 during that story? It could have happened then.
>>
>>63427992
True, the fact that they both knew about grandpa 'Lester was infuriating to John, as the act of being pederasted probably maimed his sense of manhood, triggering him towards the violence that was compounded with the stress of losing his daughter and being confronted with the idea that he brought his daughters disappearance on himself. He didn't shoot because his daughter was molested, that doesn't make any sense really.
>>
>>63428125
>I also think the primary reason she joined was because she became wise to the fact that her father violently beat up people and burned their houses down.
I think Erika told Eddie his was the first house to burn down. It was also only one day before Evie left, so that doesn't give them enough time to snap, join a cult and prepare a hoax. Her and meg were obviously planning it for some time.
>>
>Matt and John have to sit down for a talk now that Mary is awake
Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>>
So Kevin is dead right? Him coming home was him finally accepting his death and reaching his personal paradise I think
>>
>>63428147
I expect to find out some variation on this in s3. Evie was molested. John shooting Virgil is how Erika lost her hearing.
>>
>>63428357
Nah.
>>
>>63428147
That's a bit overly complex, I think John just learned in an off-hand way that Erika was molested, and couldn't let it go. Erika didn't want bloody vengeance, which is why she is so pissed he went to jail over it. Spot-fucking-
on about the hearing aid though, that's definitely a haunting complication from the shooting.
>>63428160
In the bathroom story John was already in prison for the shooting. It's possible, but the boy at church didn't say she was crying because she was raped, she was crying because her dad was gone. He knew grandpa personally, so he probably knew the full story, so why would he lie during his big tell all to the black congregation? It doesn't make sense for the brother to not know Evie was molested, and if he did, he would of damn well known why she was sad all the time.
>>
>>63428357
Kevin dying and coming back again was all about him accepting who he is and his place in the world

It confirmed his will to live and exist and his love for his family
>>
>>63428435
because she was crying because her father was gone, not because she was sexually molested and didn't know it was bad. And he probably didn't want to air family business that was just family business.
>>
>>63428218
Palm-print was not the first culter that got bashed, remember the fire crew already had drills about how to handle the situation, they were old hat. As I said, the burning of the Nigga-Wizzad was the last straw, not the initial conflict. Evie was questioning things from the beginning, the baby carrots were symbolic about her questioning local/traditional wisdom about happiness and ultimately rejecting it. Like I said, the reasons she left was because of sadness over a crumbling family and hollow town, with learning about father's moonlighting gig sealing the deal.
>>
>>63428545
>Palm-print was not the first culter that got bashed, remember the fire crew already had drills about how to handle the situation, they were old hat.
Obviously they had this contingency planned out, but I still recall Erika saying he was the only house to get burned down.
>Like I said, the reasons she left was because of sadness over a crumbling family and hollow town, with learning about father's moonlighting gig sealing the deal.
I think her turning against the town and what was going on there was more than enough. And she knew her mother felt the same way, as we saw when she blew up at the memorial. There's no sign Evie was connected closely to Eddie at all, just to Meg.
>>
>>63428518
If he didn't want to air family business, why did he do exactly fucking that? He wanted to expose how his family's appearance of intimacy and happiness was a sham, how their family was deeply scarred by their father's turmoil, which is why he couldn't keep telling the G for all audience lies about the bathroom story. Imagine the horror of your parents constantly telling people a "funny anecdote" about one of the most traumatic memories of your childhood? He was baring his soul to the congregation by telling them the truth, against his parents wishes, why would he lie about why his sister was sad? It might help people understand why she was missing.
>>
>>63428700
Perhaps his Was the only house that got burned down-- except I actually remember hearing about several house fires in Jordan-- but that doesn't mean he wasn't aping out on gypsies beforehand. They could of burned peoples cars, left dead animals on their property, random beatings, anything. There are a host of ways to run people out of town by letting them know the people in charge loathe them and are willing to hurt them.

>>I think her turning against the town and what was going on there was more than enough. And she knew her mother felt the same way, as we saw when she blew up at the memorial. There's no sign Evie was connected closely to Eddie at all, just to Meg

Literally what the fuck are you on about? We are talking about WHY she turned against the town. And what does Eddie have to do with jack shit? Evie met Meg young, before Meg was GR, Evie became angsty, Meg joined GR, Meg told Evie about GR, Evie stages protest why would Eddie be involved at all in this process?
>>
>>63429049
>why would Eddie be involved at all in this process?
Because you're saying he's the last straw. When did you hear them say multiple houses were burned down?
>>
>>63429103
No, I was pointing out that before Meg even joined the GR Palm-Print fortune teller was in business and was established in the community. Remember how John knew him from the past? Evie was hanging out just outside his house, and could of known him personally, even liked him. It's a small town, so if someone's house burned down, you'd hear about it same day or next, and if you are suspicious your father is a violent thug who runs fortune tellers out of town, you put two and two together. If you knew your father brutally attacked a childhood buddy over his flim-flam palmistry operation you'd be seriously questioning everything you ever assumed about life. I never even mentioned Eddie or anyone in his family, only black people living in Jordan.

I don't know where I heard that there were multiple houses burned down, and I like I said it might be that was the first house burned down, but that doesn't mean John hadn't been running people out for ages, at least enough for Evie to suspect him.
>>
So what do you think the chances are at a season 3?
Sadly slim to none, I'd love a final season to finish it out.
>>
>>63429603
definite season 3.
>>
>>63429647
From what I've heard the ratings weren't high enough to warrant it, I'm hoping otherwise.
>>
>>63425553
>implying breaking wasnt slow

so, should I watch this shit /tv?
>>
>>63429684
ratings don't mean shit on HBO. It isn't network television where commercials influence what shows make it and what shows don't.
>>
>>63429534
>Evie was hanging out just outside his house
No, Evie met Meg back at the town square. His house was further in town along the tour.
>Remember how John knew him from the past?
Oddly John speaks to him as if they hadn't seen eachother in some time, but as you say it's a small town.
Your theory is certainly possible, I just don't think it's really supported by what we saw, beyond yes it's a small town. Maybe Evie had a problem with John, Kevin even broached that who knew if she really loved him or not, but the part we really saw is that she knows no one finds what they're looking for there and smirks at their little anthem.
>>
>>63429603
Realize that the first season was based on a book, and that the second is still dealing with implications from the first. It's possible there's not enough talent from the writers/producers to make a leftovers completely unmoored from the book, which is what a season 3 would require. Although they could pull a Dexter and actually outshine the original book by a wide margin, I imagine they will suffer continually from source decay even if a third season is produced.
>>
I liked how season 2 ended the same was as neon genesis evangelion did, originally, except repackaged for a demographic too young and hip to have seen it, who, instead of being outraged at how terrible it was, are actually defending it.
>>
>>63429807
the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63429743
I also want to believe. No one watches Girls and they kept that on for years. I don't think Leftovers is a very expensive show to produce and HBO loves their prestige shows.
But a point against it is that last night's episode would have worked very well as a finale. Lindelof is doing rounds on every entertainment mag talking it up to campaign for his third season, and I hope he gets it, but there's probably someone at HBO saying "that's the perfect ending".
>>
>>63429820
an anime about giant robots hitting each other ended with the main character being smiled at by all the characters of the show, one by one, before going back to him, smiling.
>>
File: 1380007811843.jpg (27 KB, 324x278) Image search: [Google]
1380007811843.jpg
27 KB, 324x278
>>63429888
Damn what a ripoff.
>>
>>63429871
He clearly tried to pull an evangelion, though, to incite fan outrage to force a third season.

Then problem is his fans are too far up his ass to disagree with anything he does.
>>
>>63429888
i know all about evengelion, but your comparison is fucking retarded.
>>
>>63429945
it is, frame for frame, the exact same ending.
>>
>>63423507
Should have just ended like this - John and Kevin came home, they say their farewells, Kevin goes into his house, sees his loved ones and no one reacts to him being there.
This starts playing -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80
>>
>>63429972
post weebm
>>
>>63429871
>would have worked very well as a finale
not really. I mean it left me feeling satisfied and warm inside, but I wouldn't call it a finale.
>>
>>63429754
>No, Evie met Meg back at the town square. His house was further in town along the tour.

I was just saying that it's entirely plausible for Evie to be somewhat familiar the palm print reader, they lived in the same town for years. She would of at least heard about him, and maybe one of their friends got a reading as a lark so they all thought he was harmless. That would make his abuse even more stinging to hear of-- just another Miracle kook having his life cruelly destroyed because daddy couldn't deal.

John probably just didn't associate much with the palm reader after their splitting up, the flashback definitely established he lived in Miracle for quite some time.

Let me put it this way, there is the vague answer to why Evie did what she did in that she just became disillusioned with Miracle and resented her parents for being dysfunctional, but that really doesn't explain why she became such a GR terminator bitch.

The show definitely implied that she had a specific gripe with her family that was more than just anger over her dad being in jail, and her mommy wanting to leave.
>>
Bear in mind that the Patti that Kevin was talking to in the real world is not actually Patty, it was the devil tempting him.

The devil in this case didn't want Kevin to die, just merely be ineffectual regarding his destiny.
So the devil's purpose was to just keep Kevin annoyed and confuse and gradually make him go insane.

One of the important plot points is that Kevin's ex (forgot her name) said that "Patti" doesn't show up while she's around because she knew the real Patti when she was alive so she could tell Kevin to ask her specific questions that "Patti" wouldn't know the answers to. That's kind of relevant since "Patti" did manifest when other people were around Kevin.
>>
>>63429990
well, they did play that ten times this season. Gotta let that shit be, after a while.
>>
>>63425341
Just watch both seasons senpai
>>
>>63429944
>to incite fan outrage to force a third season.
If he wanted to do that he could have ended it at Kevin getting dragged out of the trailer, or "Holy Shit!", or even closing his eyes after singing the song. There was nothing potentially outraging about this.
>>
>>63430054
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>63430084
Were you outraged f᠎am?
>>
>>63430026
>it was the devil tempting him.

All halluci-patti ever said was kevin's greatest fear at a given moment. There is no reason to think it was anything but a hallucination.
>>
>>63430026
International Assassin pretty clearly represented that it wasn't some sort of major demon haunting him, just a kind of crazed ghost acting as an Unliving Reminder. Why would a demon just let John drown him like that? It would of eventually revealed it's TRUE FORM at the final moment if it was not just Patti.
>>
>>63430118
Your illiteracy.
>>
>>63430161
Your implications.
>>
>>63430054
I seriously thought when the dog was running towards the bridge with the trailer it was alluding to the fact that Nora and the Baby had died in there after escaping the trampling (imagine some crazies come in after them in the chaos), and Eddie was unwilling to confront the truth, which is why he walks away from the dog when it runs there.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 224x225
>>63429888
That's what they did. They ripped off a giant robot fighting anime.
>>
>>63430212
>Eddie was unwilling to confront the truth, which is why he walks away from the dog when it runs there.
his name is fucking kevin, shit man.
>>
>>63430246
Has it dawned upon you yet that only retards like this shit?
>>
>>63430212
I figured after being locked up for more than a month it wanted to stretch it's legs, not hobble around with Lazarus.
>>
>>63430296
Kek
>>
>>63426261
People would just get on with their lives, humans have an extraordinary capacity to experience extreme traumas and continue living their lives in a normal fashion.
Also is everyone in the federal government so fucking sad they just let a terrorist cult run amok all over the country?
>>
File: 1443427144115.png (1 MB, 1133x954) Image search: [Google]
1443427144115.png
1 MB, 1133x954
>THE PLOT DOESN'T MATTER IT'S ABOUT THE CHARACTERS

It's fucking L O S T all over again
>>
>>63430416
its almost like we've been saying that since before it even started.
>>
>>63430407
Apparently everyone is so sad and hopeless you can just hijack a school bus filled with kids and suffer no consequences.
>>
>>63430487
The problem of course being that apart from nora and the daughter being hot all the characters are completely one dimensional shit.
>>
>>63426261
>imagine if everyone was faced with an unavoidable existential dilemma!
>IT WOULD BE ANARCHY!!
>THE SHEEPLE WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO WAKE UP!!!

Leftovers fans, everyone.
>>
>>63430587
I'm not disagreeing with you or defending the show. It literally is lost except with flatter characters.
>>
>>63430625
Do you honestly think there would be anything other than that?
>>
>>63425589
For me I think it was a show trying to find its feet and then it found it I think on episode 8.
>>
>>63430725
Than... what? Everyone being so depressed that a group of people can commit 50+ counts of child kidnapping in broad daylight and suffer no consequences?
>>
>>63430794
That's actually a really good point that I don't see being discussed. How is GR able to get away with their shit still? They are masters of trolling in that they always skirt the law like WBC, but it's been clearly shown that government forces aggressively target uppity cults. I think the only non-plot hole explanation is that the GR has very powerful backers that like the idea of people continuing to whinge over the departures. If the government didn't want them doing what they do, it's been established in the show they'd all be in body bags. Somethings afoot, could even be seasons 3 if happens.
>>
>>63430407
>Also is everyone in the federal government so fucking sad they just let a terrorist cult run amok all over the country?
There are multiple cults popping up all over the place and the government is overworked trying to holocaust them all.
>>
>>63431248
Bullshit, the government was not depicted as being exhausted and on the brink. They are depicted as being surprisingly on the ball honestly, the whole departure department seemed like a perfectly oiled soul crushing machine to give those in power an idea of what happened. Wayne was depicted as being hounded to his last breath with no respite, there is no explanation as to why one of the most prolific and high profile cults is shown as being completely unmolested by the authorities. The GR high council is shown as being 'timid' and against Meg's extremism, but they would still be on the chopping block considering Wayne was done in just for fucking Asians and taking in big money. The GR do at least one of those things regularly.
>>
>>63431385
>Bullshit, the government was not depicted as being exhausted and on the brink.
Go back to when Gladys was stoned. They took her body and Kevin couldn't get the ATFEC contact on the phone. He thought he was being ignored but the man was actually busy with a high-profile Waco kind of conflagration in Florida. He then asked Kevin what cult it was and guessed a wrong one.
That fits fine with the idea that they're being helped along or protected somehow, but it also fits with an overworked department.
>Wayne was depicted as being hounded to his last breath with no respite
It took something like a year for them to catch Wayne after the raid on his compound, and only after he was already left for dead. Of course they were never going to give up that search, but it wasn't exactly ruthless efficiency.

I do agree ultimately that there must be a lot of money and/or power backing the GR, and maybe that's figures in the government (I don't recall but I think that was a congressman seeing Wayne in the pilot, so we know people at the highest level are being taken to the cults). But it could also just be wealthy people who got wrapped into the ideology and maybe handed over everything they had because nothing matters, and maybe that money's enough for strategic bribes when needed.
>>
>>63431608
To me the situation with Glady's stoning was actually showing their ruthless efficiency and how well they were covering up the masses of people they were killing. The 'wrong guess' gave a reason for him to show that they were involved in operations across the entire country. They are definitely overworked, but not to the point were they couldn't deal with any cult they wanted to.

>It took something like a year for them to catch Wayne

The sense of desperation surrounding Wayne's situation was so palpable I don't know why you're arguing this point, we're almost in agreement anyway. Remember him crawling out of a fucking trunk? Remember how he was desperate for spending money? He had a network of devoted followers that Anne Franked him pretty well, but it always seemed like Tom was in a completely fucked situation and the government was constantly closing down on them hardcore.

I'll actually relent in that the end of Season 1 actually depicts the GR as being more of a victim (or at least they could be seen in that way on the national stage), and Meg was clearly rebelling against the GR's standard modus operandi. We can definitely agree that they bribed the right people.
>>
I have a ritual when I am watching The Leftovers, I twerk while the opening song is on.
>>
>>63432094
Season 1 or 2? It's important that I know.
>>
>>63432094
But how do you twerk around your extra large Bad Dragon dildo?

Please answer as soon as possible.
>>
>>63432155

Season 2 obviously.

>>63432165

What? No, I don't own any of dildos, I am not a pervert.
>>
>>63432034
>They are definitely overworked, but not to the point were they couldn't deal with any cult they wanted to.
The agent made Kevin this offer and I definitely believe they could have gone in and hauled them all away, but I also believe they have a very a long list of groups to do that to and aren't going to drop everything to get to one unless it's become a specific problem. I would think destroying a national park and tourist attraction would be enough for them to come after Meg's group now, for example. They probably would have come to Mapleton after the big prank whether Kevin asked for it or not too, but didn't need to since the town beat or burned them all themselves.
>>
>>63432094
kek
>>
>>63432201
>I would think destroying a national park and tourist attraction would be enough for them to come after Meg's group now, for example.

They're undoubtedly going to come after the whole GR at this point, realize that Miracle was an important symbol that they desecrated. It would be like muslims bombing the freedom tower on 9/11
>>
>>63432525
did the GR kill anyone though?

Not that it really matters since ATFEC will still execute them anyways
>>
>>63432525
Nigger, if a muslim so much as looked at an elementary school bus at this point, the united states government would reduce mecca to glass.
>>
>>63432548
Once meg stopped that school bus, even non-cultists should've been afraid to wear anything even close to light colored. As that's the type of shit that gets your entire group exterminated overnight.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.