[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stargate Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: sgu.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
sgu.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1200
Hello /tv/
I know I'm late to the party but someone wanna discuss Stargate with me?
Personally I found the series to be enjoable overall, there were some really good episodes and some really bad. Overall I'll give it a 6.5/10 rating.
Having only seen the original movie I was worried about not understanding a lot or missing something essential, but that wasn't a problem.
I liked most characters and the dynamic they had, the feeling of being stuck on a ship they handled really well in my opinion. Though, one thing bothered me to hell WHAT WAS THE DEAL WITH CHLOE? Why did they elevate her into something more than the lieutenants fucktoy? She was completely useless as a character and I could not buy into her at all. They developed so much screentime for her but it was all wasted for nothing. I ended up skipping most parts of her after the first couple of episodes. This really annoyed me because she was apparently counceling the Captain and all the other top ranked officers and scientists (before she was smart) and she was also allowed free passage all over the ship. I felt it ruined so much immersion in the established hierarchy onboard the ship.

Who were the Aliens onboard the seed ship? They were not Ancient.

Also, Ronald Greer for best soldier, followed up by James (who was actually a cool female soldier for once, shame the writers focused so much on her being a fuck toy for the lieutenant, she had so much more potential)

I wonder is should I watch SG-1 next? Is it better than SGU? I'm interested in the world but not sure if I want to watch more if its not better than SGU.
>>
did you fucking watch SGU before SG-1

are you retarded
>>
Is this a joke?
>>
File: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (108 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg
108 KB, 700x393
GOOLD?
>>
File: 3.png (111 KB, 379x450) Image search: [Google]
3.png
111 KB, 379x450
*screams internally*
>>
File: 1403745242427.gif (3 MB, 321x194) Image search: [Google]
1403745242427.gif
3 MB, 321x194
>>63422435
sgu is terrible

Daniel a qt
>>
do they even use the stargate at all in sgu?
when i catched some of the episodes they always used som spaceship.
>>
>>63422704
of course, thats how they got to the ship and how they travel to various planets within distance.
>>
>>63422704
>do they even use the stargate at all in sgu?
Barely. That's one of my gripes with the show. It focues way too much on the characters themselves and their retarded artificial drama. The tone of the show is so different to SG1 and SGA that it's hardly a Stargate series anymore besides the lore.

I mean we get this new show with a new Stargate (lore-wise it's older than the previous two) and then they do nothing with it. No exploration, just boring communication stone sex back on earth. Fuck them.
>>
>put 9 chevrons on every Stargate
>9th chevron allows you to dial into one spaceship
>>
RIP in peace space Begbie
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.