[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suffer from sleep paralysis every now and then. How badly will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 630x1200
I suffer from sleep paralysis every now and then. How badly will this movie fuck me up? Any more like it?
>>
>>63402773
Depends on how much shitty documentaries fuck you up £ąm
>>
Do you like hearing someone tell you about their dreams? This movie is like 6 people doing just that. There is no science to it, no explanation or idea of what occurs during sleep paralysis. It's literally just people being like "yo it was scary as shit and i couldn't breathe and it was fucked up man"

It fucking sucks.
>>
Some of it is hilarious.
>Hello, I'm from the giant insect of the month club
Some of it is stupid
>some guy whining about getting sleep paralysis from his partner like herpes

As someone who spend seven years suffering at minimum bi-weekly occurences of sleep paralysis, I always feel bummed out that I never experienced fucked up shit like people in this documentary and /x/ threads. Starting to think people are just attention whoring.
>>
>>63402991
If I sleep when it's dead silent I'm guaranteed to have sleep paralysis. But mine is just being unable to move, seeing silhouettes moving towards me, hallucinations of a nightmare I was having, and hearing voices.

It's fucking terrifying. If yours is just being unable to move then I envy you.
>>
>>63402893
Do you know how science works? Observation and repetition. The fact that the people that suffer from sleep paralysis have very similar "hallucinations" could be discarded if it wasn't so similar between each patient. Clearly it's somehow linked, possibly by the flight or fight part of the brain being over stimulated during these events.

Just because it sounds like horse shit doesn't mean you immediately disregard it when it's such a common reoccurring theme amongst those with the issue.
>>
you should constantly be watching movies that you're afraid will "fuck you up"
>>
>>63402991
I had it for years as a kid when i was taking a shit ton of ritalin, my mom would say i would be screaming in the middle of the night like i was being murdered, and she would come to find out what the fuck was going on and i would be completely asleep. I would sleep walk almost nightly, and at least 2-3 times a week i would wake up and be absolutely unable to move or speak, and there would be a black figure staring at me, moving along my walls slowly towards me. I've never felt panic so strongly like i have in my entire life than i did in those moments, as soon as i stopped taking ritalin, those episodes almost disappeared entirely, i would wake up occasionally and see shadowy hands moving on my walls, and it would scare the shit out of me, but no where near as strongly as it did when i was younger.
>>
>>63403260
Yeah, I probably did get off lucky. But it'd have been nice to have something interesting happen during all those days of willing a single finger into motion.
Now I function on an hour and 25 minutes to three hours of sleep per 24 hour cycle and everything is gravy.
>>
File: o1_500.jpg (119 KB, 489x309) Image search: [Google]
o1_500.jpg
119 KB, 489x309
>>63403477
John Waters pls
>>
yo I watch this expecting it to be like all scientific and s*** and go into detail about it and how it works but like s*** it doesn't do any of that it just a bunch of f****** losers yeah losers talking about their f****** pussy dreams also I don't know why my phone is censoring the big bad no no words but I'm sorry I'm too lazy to type so I'm just talking and it's doing a good job so far :-)
>>
>>63402893
Well, it was directed by the guy behind Room 237. A movie where crazy people give their insane The Shining theories.
>>
File: 1434012439396.jpg (7 KB, 221x250) Image search: [Google]
1434012439396.jpg
7 KB, 221x250
>>63402893
>this movie sucks because the director doesn't tell me what to think

absolute pleb. approaching this movie from the perspective of the crazies is what makes it interesting, a dry scientific explanation would be boring as hell. desu this is one of the more interesting subjective documentary directors working today because he doesn't spoonfeed you his opinion, he just presents content and forces the viewer to come to his own conclusions without resorting to cheap editing tricks (moore).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.