[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Criterion rec thread Currently trying to extract maximum jew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: c.jpg (4 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
4 KB, 240x240
Criterion rec thread

Currently trying to extract maximum jew value from the Hulu plus free trial
>>
Zatoichi
>>
File: 21st century masterpiece.jpg (4 KB, 876x29) Image search: [Google]
21st century masterpiece.jpg
4 KB, 876x29
>>63401352
Wat a laff.
>>
>>63401352
what kind of movies are you into? i am willing to make a list for you if you let me know what international films you have liked or what interests you
>>
>>63402075

everything by Kubrick

everything by the Coen Brothers

darker Bergman stuff like The Silence and Persona

I've seen Seventh Samurai and Rashomon and liked them but wasn't blown away

I enjoy most of the 'Top IMDB' fare

Honestly cool with pretty much anything
>>
The Ascent is super duper
>>
>>63402523
Watch some malick. Badlands, thin red line. Also check out David lynch, eraserhead and mulholland drive. I suggest investing in a good audio system if you don't have one already. These two films in particular look and sound like fucking dynamite. I would also recommend checking out Thief. Excellent Transfer and again, the soundtrack is the shit. I'd also say check out scanners and videodrome. Macbeth and Rosemary's baby too. No idea if anything I suggested is actually on Hulu. I own the actual blu rays of all these movies so I'm able to enjoy them at their maximum bitrates and quality.
>>
>>63402523
here goes:

if you like the coen bros, then i highly suggest kieslowski. he does deadpan humor better than anyone else i've seen. check out his proletariat trilogy and the bohemian life (all are on hulu). such painfully funny (and depressing) movies. i hired a contract killer and the man without a past are great, but not on hulu.

i recently watched the tv version of fanny & alexander and loved it. slow in the beginning, but picks up and has some of bergman's scariest moments on film, imo.

bresson is great, if you haven't seen any check out au hassard balthazar or a man escaped (latter is more accessible)

the cremator is a great black comedy.

eyes without a face is one of the best suspense films hitchcock never made.

The Wages of Fear is a must. watch that if you want a great old-school action movie. takes a while to build up, but so amazing. les diaboliques isn't too bad either, more horror oriented.

you didn't care for those kurosawa period pieces. but check out high and low, a modern day police procedural. easily one of his greatest movies.

tarkovsky is great. of the three of his movies on hulu, solaris is accessible and a dark, sci-fi movie that many enjoy. watch out for that crazy ending.

hope this gives you some good picks.
>>
>>63403409
fuck not kieslowski, kaurismaki

kieslowski is good too- though the dekalog isn't on hulu I see. but I meant to type Aki Kaurismaki.
>>
File: suzuki[1].jpg (68 KB, 624x416) Image search: [Google]
suzuki[1].jpg
68 KB, 624x416
FUCK YOUR SHIT

SEIJUN SUZUKI THREAD
>>
honestly most enjoyable and least pretentious movies on criterion are Repo Man and House. They're all good but I find myself going back to the less high art or however you would like to call it films.
>>
File: 40_box_348x490_original[1].jpg (11 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
40_box_348x490_original[1].jpg
11 KB, 348x490
Armageddon
The Rock
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.