[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death of a thousand cuts.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Jessica.jpg (14 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
Jessica.jpg
14 KB, 270x200
I've watched 11 of the 13 episodes and don't know if I can bring myself to finish it.

The bullshit has just slowly built up until it is almost unbearable. I can overlook things, particularly in a comic book show, but it never ends here. Its like the death of a thousand cuts. Every bullshit thing that shouldn't happen or doesn't fit just pisses me off now and when I think back at the first episodes it all just sticks out so much.For example she isn't bullet or knife proof but they try to make her seem tough by being okay with a door with no locks and junkies walking in her house at night. Schwarzenegger wouldn't be okay with that because he knows criminals have guns and knives despite being stronger than them.

Considering what she did to Luke is literally unforgivable and he just showed up again I don't think it is going to get better.
>>
>>63399808

like Jeri's lover just showing up at her exes house for no reason at the right time

man, the final episodes drag, and build to nothing

I wanted to like this series, it's bad
>>
>>63399855
The whole plan for a confession before that was fucking insane yet I was supposed to believe it somehow worked before Simpson suddenly went ape shit because the doctor gave him all the drugs in the world after telling him not to take any more.

In the last episode she knocked Kilgrave out and tied him up after he said shitloads of people would poison themselves if she did. Never heard about it again. Kilgrave has been captured/knocked out so much already I barely even give a shit.
>>
we're still talking about this trash?
>>
>>63399926
This is against the rules, family. You should spoil this shit.
>>
You've trudged through the slow as fuck build up but as soon as it starts to build up to a climax and Kilgrave gets more involved you don't know if you can finish?
>>
It would help if Jessica's character arc wasn't- mega bitch -> family dies in a car crash and she gets adopted -> evolves into mega bitch -> gets mind controlled for a while to bang Kilgrave and kill people -> evolves into mega bitch.

She literally doesn't change, they just tell us this shit was traumatic and really affected her.
>>
>>63399808
>.For example she isn't bullet or knife proof but they try to make her seem tough by being okay with a door with no locks and junkies walking in her house at night.

I don't think you understand. She's not "okay" with it, she just literally doesn't give a fuck what happens to her. She's not suicidal per se, but she's certainly spiraling down. Her PTSD is causing her to not really care one way or the other about herself, hence the drinking.

There are problems with the show, but that's not one of them.
>>
>>63400002
Kilgrave has been captured half a dozen times already. I don't see him getting more involved.
>>
It's like Veronica Mars with none of the things that made Veronica Mars good.

>tfw no Dare Devil crossover
>>
>>63400081
>hence the drinking.
You mean the drinking that she did even before Kilgrave? They have something like 2 flash backs and in one of them she is getting blasted before noon.
>>
>>63399808
Luke really ended up doing nothing, surely they didnt have to save everything for his show.
>>
>>63399808
I stopped in the first episode, OP. Don't waste your time on it.
>>
>>63400146

I must have missed that. Obviously she has issues and blames herself for the death of her family. But the issue with the broken door in her flat isn't to show you that she's fearless; it's to show you that she just doesn't care.
>>
>>63400158
I think his show is going to be about the the experiences with children, i think he is one of them
>>
>>63399808
The fights are really, really boring. At least with Daredevil there were some flashy moments and spin kicking and stuff. Here it's just a trashy looking girl and black guy tussling. Luke was a boring character too.

I think these people forget that superhero media are meant to be visually engaging. JJ isn't the worst show ever but it's just not as interesting as DD.
>>
I feel like this thread has given me a true breakthrough because this is truly /reddit/ the show because everyone on that website is obsessed with this show.

but also, it is a great show, and contains an equal amount of liberal/conservative values that can appeal to anyone on 4chan, especially because of its irreverent humor and (sometimes) great writing

reddit is a terrible website, but in a sense so is 4chan because we created those Scientology faggots that made 4chan look like a bunch of Guy Fawkes wearing autists four or five years ago.

/tv/ is my favorite board on 4chan, but it has an unfortunate overlap with reddit. I'm just (very) drunk and am realizing that this great board has more of a relation to reddit than any of us would like to admit, what's important is that we continue to remain extremely hostile to each other to keep our faggot asses in check..
>>
>>63400158
I was kind of hoping Kilgrave would control him to fight Jessica. Considering what he can do he is the last person Jessica should ever consider going near until Kilgrave is gone.

But then Jessica was hunting Kilgrave down with a hand held injector for the first bunch of episodes despite not knowing he can't control her so stupidity really hasn't been punished.
>>
>Lets lock him in a hermetically sealed room, that will surely stop his mind control

Why the fuck would anyone thing that? Kilgrave is one of the few characters in fiction that has mind control outside of psychic powers.
>>
>>63400305
Nice pasta senpai

>>63400318
>hoping Kilgrave would control him to fight Jessica
But he did?
>>
>>63400443
>But he did?
Maybe I have something to look forward to then.

The fights so far have been absolute shit though. The fight Kilgrave saw showing Jessica's super strength was laughable. Later she knocks someone across the room by hitting them in the face while a regular person kills someone by hitting them in the head.
What happened to the guy who choreographed Daredevil?
>>
>>63400635
>What happened to the guy who choreographed Daredevil?
Was he even involved in JJ?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.