[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this movie. This was a great film but I'm having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: American_Beauty_poster.jpg (78 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
American_Beauty_poster.jpg
78 KB, 300x444
Just watched this movie. This was a great film but I'm having a little trouble understanding what happened at the end. Did Lester's wife have something to do with his death?
>>
Everything caused him to die. It was the amalgamation of life experiences; he transcended the need to live.
>>
She saw his body and ran to the bedroom to cling memories after realizing what she was PLANNING to do was horrible and that she loves him. It was the Sgt. Fuckass that shot him, clearly.
>>
>>63398259
>It was the Sgt. Fuckass that shot him, clearly.

well no shit, I just wanted to know the influence she had on his death, is all.
>>
>>63398579
Beyond being out of the house none really. The end was odd as a whole though. I wouldn't say disappointing, but it could have done better.
>>
>>63398259
Lester's wife didn't pull the trigger, but she did load the gun.

Think about it.
>>
I thought the ending was a bit contrived to be suspenseful for conspiracies as to who shot Lester. It''s almost as if they were trying to make a classic 'who dunnit?' scene
>>
>>63398259
gee, i too wonder what happened at the end, it's a fucking puzzle
>>
>>63398259
so was jarhead gay or just having a complete mental breakdown? Honestly, I can't help but lose respect for the movie if it was just your typical "all homophobes are secretly gay" trope.
>>
>>63398259
No the script needed another rewrite

It was all about some dumb switcheroo to make the viewer WONDER WHO SHOT HIM and then revealing it seconds later

So completely at odds with the apparent message you wonder if Alan Ball had actually ever written a movie before.
>>
>>63398996
I can only assume he was really gay. To me, it explains his wife being so distant and broken.
>>
>>63399043
>So completely at odds with the apparent message you wonder if Alan Ball had actually ever written a movie before.

...He hadn't.
>>
>>63398996
It was exactly that anon. He's so afraid of being found out that he adopts a super masculine persona to compensate for it. He has a mental breakdown when Lester rejects him and his secret is out. It's an okay trope and one I can believe because of a lot of super straight acting men come out later in life and especially now that it's more widely accepted. I've actually gone out with a few because I find they have really interesting stories. Like the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wHjJUdN16k
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.