[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/, your honest assessment of this movie? I just saw it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
/tv/, your honest assessment of this movie? I just saw it and it pisses me off that pixar always crams a fucking tear jerking moment in every one of their movies. As trite and predictable as they are, they always make me bust a tear.
>>
Great movie. Tear jerker moments require set-up.
>>
> Bing Bong
Lierallally who?
>>
>>63395402
a complete rip off of hermans head
https://youtu.be/H8tzXFagaso
>>
The entire movie was White People Angst. There were no serious emotions beside what some sheltered middle class white kid with hipster young parents would go through, without a care in the world or pain in their life so they make up stupid stuff to feel bad about, like moving to a new town is somehow ultra-trauma. No, it's not.

If there had been an element like sexual abuse or serious trauma, like her seeing a friend die, I might have liked the movie more. I was hoping they'd do more with the parents and show them getting broke, going evicted, or becoming homeless, but no such luck. There looked like opportunities to build up to that too.

The only attempt at real "feels" was some goofy elephant prick dying. The worst part was at first I was hoping elephant man would be like the artful dodger or Fagan, all sneaky and manipulative out of desperation to get what he wants, but instead he's just a friendly goofball. Boring af.
>>
>>63398056
eh, would've been too edgy if it wasn't something like moving away

what's brilliant about the movie is how it twists normal events
>>
File: 1374497651576.png (266 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1374497651576.png
266 KB, 640x400
>>63398056
tfw I'm white and you're not
>>
>>63398056
>Wacky cartoon emotions react to getting molested
>>
>>63398056
The movie is much better for the fact it's about things an actual child would feel bad about and deal with, instead of gritty overdramatic garbage.
>>
>>>/co/
Also memevie
>>
My heart completely melted when she started crying at the end. I wanted to reach into the screen and hug her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbqoUUEYUIM

I've watched this scene four times in the last three days and I've teared up EACH FUCKING TIME. And I don't think I've ever cried in a movie before.

And then the end of that clip, when she does that choked-up happy sigh.

I think this movie convinced me that I could be a semi-decent parent.
>>
>>63398639
>im-fucking-plying 'actual' children don't deal with sexual abuse or death
This is just stupid. Not even /pol/ claims stuff like this
>>
It was decent. Everyone was praising like it was on par with the golden age Pixar movies, which just wasn't true. Still pretty good though. The story was cute and the portrayal of thoughts and stuff was well-done. The different emotion characters were crudely done and should have been more fleshed-out, and BingBong was pretty forced (still made me feel though).
6.5/10
>>
File: CK4HdFFUEAA3M6O.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CK4HdFFUEAA3M6O.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
>>63395402
>crying over the death of a character who never even existed
faggot
>>
Inside Out is downright harmful to society. It's anti-scientific liberal propaganda. Unlike adults, kids will internalize movies literally and something like this will absolutely wreck their psyche and derail their development. I'd rather raise my kids on Tarantino movies than this shit.
>>
>>63398677
>/pol/ claims

You would know wouldn't you :^)
>>
>>63395402
It hit close to home which I was not expecting, it made me sad for a while after. I though it had a good message and ending. You know how some emotions are complex and people can feel sad.

The biggest problem for me was there wasn't a ton of character development and having phyillas as sad and Leslie from parks and rec as happy through me off. Other wise I liked it
>>
>>63398677
Call me when you get $200 million from a major studio to make a kids movie about child rape
>>
>>63397954

/thread
>>
>>63398653
Lmfao, fucking faggot.
>>
>>63398056
this times a million, its good for a children's movie and if their were oscars where an academy of 5-8 year olds voted this deserves top prize, but if your some 18-40 year old who puts this on his top 10 list of the year literally consider killing yourself.
>>
File: 1438875115071.png (360 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
1438875115071.png
360 KB, 600x590
my psychiatrist told me i should watch this
>>
>>63395402
It was good. I shed several tears for Bingbong.
>>
One of Pixars weaker flicks tbqhfamilia
>>
>>63398056
I liked how it was more subtle with the parents.
>Dad's lead emotion is Anger, which drives him to take risks like moving his family across the country for a startup but also manifests in frustration on the phone
>>
>>63397954
>implying Herman's Head wasn't a complete ripoff of Reason & Emotion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvp3zAPraF4
>>
It was fine. Pretty much right in the middle of the Pixar ladder, about as many movies better than it as worse.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.