[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WarCraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: warcraft-movie-poster-lothar.jpg (2 MB, 1013x1538) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-movie-poster-lothar.jpg
2 MB, 1013x1538
Will it be good?
>>
the trailer is 10/10 from what i remember
>>
File: l8lfjbjizjgcfwxjlgd9.png (358 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
l8lfjbjizjgcfwxjlgd9.png
358 KB, 636x358
WE
>>
File: orc-warcraft-ft.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
orc-warcraft-ft.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1600
REALER
>>
>>63395408
Vertigo is a 10/10
Stop throwing out that rating on a "warcraft film" trailer
>>
>>63395378

Unless they retcon things its essentially just going to be Stormwind getting fucking annihilated while that side story between Lothar and Durotan happens.

In fact they kinda might be forced to retcon it, since WoW itself retconned Stormwind from day fucking 1. Stormwind was genocided and burnt to the ground at the end of WC1, besides those who escaped to Lordaeron. The only mention of Stormwind after that is when they showed up as a minor part of the Alliance expedition to Kalimdor in WC3 and that could have just been survivors.

Throughout the 3rd great war it was assumed Stormwind just plain didn't exist anymore.

Then WoW came out and suddenly Stormwind actually survived, rebuilt and became Lordaeron 2.0: Alliance Boogaloo. Its about the same amount of retcon that was necessary for Night Elves to join the Alliance or for fucking Undead to join the Horde.

Any tl;dr the movie should be like watching the Mongolians massacre Baghdad. It probably wont be.
>>
>>63395378
yes
>>
>>63395378
The only people who are going to enjoy this shit are man children.
>>
>>63395378
its going to be amazing or complete failure. Nothing in between.

Probably will have a weak plot but the acclaim will come from the CGI. Like avatar
>>
File: Fred Flintstone is home!.jpg (30 KB, 400x202) Image search: [Google]
Fred Flintstone is home!.jpg
30 KB, 400x202
>>63395635
This is wrong. Stormwind was re-established as soon as the Horde was defeated at Blackrock Spire, and was rebuilt in very short order. It had been almost fully rebuilt only 2 years after the war had ended by the Masons Guild, led by Edwin VanCleef. Around 16-18 years later, when the time came to pay the stonemasons, the Stormwind Nobles decided to renege on their payment, causing a riot that got Varian's wife killed years later, after not getting paid for their work adequately.
>>
Take a step back.

Imagine, for a moment, that you are unfamiliar with "Warcraft" or any Blizzard IP for that matter.

Look at this fucking poster. Look at this furry gaywad's dumb pastel armor and his fruity pauldrons.

This entire movie will be absolutely jarring to anybody who isn't well versed in what chris metzen shat out this morning.

Speaking of which, even before him, the "lore" or whatever was never particularly engaging enough to make a fucking movie.
>>
>>63399296
CGI from the trailer looks like shit desu.
Should have completely animated the movie like their legendary game cutscenes and not this half-assed real human beans with CGI background bullshit.
>>
No and I'm pretty sure they know it which is why the studio and marketing has been completely silent after the middling response the trailer got. Even the vidya spergs that they thought were a lock are ripping on this which means they have no shot with normies. Guaranteed bomb.
>>
>>63395434
honestly now, where did they find actual orcs to play these parts?

I thought they were fake this whole time.
>>
It's based on a video game. What do you think?
>>
Probably not. Or atleast i hope not. Too much CGI for my taste.
>>
Pretty much their entire campaign thus far has been "We promise it's not shitty nerd pandering LotR derivative CGI overstuffed generic fantasy trash!" and then they dropped the trailer and it looks like shitty nerd pandering LotR derivative CGI overstuffed generic fantasy trash...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.