[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened here? was his body just a physical manifestation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: death-of-obi-wan.jpg (54 KB, 840x355) Image search: [Google]
death-of-obi-wan.jpg
54 KB, 840x355
What the fuck happened here? was his body just a physical manifestation of the force?
>>
He became one with the Force, faggot
>>
>>63386100
yeh every time i see this part it pretty much baffles me and takes me out of the film

like, this whole cloak just falls, makes no fucking sense and looks stupid
>>
he had the high ground
>>
he was beamed up
>>
Has Lucas ever spoken about this?
>>
>>63386100
why was Obi Wan the only jedi this happens with?

just shitty writing or...?
>>
His luminous being self absorbed his crude matter self.
>>
>>63386463

Yoda disappears in Return of the Jedi when he dies, anon. Didn't you watch the movie?
>>
File: 1431138504516.jpg (40 KB, 640x1036) Image search: [Google]
1431138504516.jpg
40 KB, 640x1036
>fantasy movie
>THIS ISNT REALISTIC WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT, PEOPLE CANT JUST DISSAPAER IM SO FUCKING ANGTY RIGHT NOW, MOM WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY CHICKEN TENDIES ALREADY, AND THAT MOUNTAIN DEW BETTER BE AT LEAST 64 OUNCES, HURRY THE FUCK UP ALREADY
>>
>>63386100
Obi-Wan and Yoda both spent the better part of 2 decades meditating on how to become force ghosts. Obi-wan's whole schtick in IV was to die in front of Luke at the hands of Vader.
>>
Obi-wan ascended to the higher ground of existance
>>
Why do people always ignore what Obi Wan says just before that?

>You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
>>
File: 1448937630242.gif (94 KB, 514x510) Image search: [Google]
1448937630242.gif
94 KB, 514x510
he was struck down and became more powerful then anyone could possibly imagine
>>
Since he left his robe when he dissappeared it means that he was completely nude where ever he ended up in.
>>
>>63386961
>>63386767
>more powerful than vader could possibly imagine
A ghost who can't do anything other than give Luke advice? Is that really beyond Vader's possible imagination
>>
>>63387185
He can do anything but doesn't wanna.
>>
>>63386100

the lightsaber evaporated his body becasue its a special sith sword and thats what they do
>>
>>63386961
part time
>>
>>63387185
Vader never came off as a thinker of the far reaching capabilities of the Force.
>>
>>63387185
he became apart of the force

so yes he literally is more powerful than than Vader
>>
>>63387185
He's immortal. And even if he had power, he still preferred the younger generation to be the ones who carry on with the force and solve their problems for themselves.
>>
File: dfsfds.png (325 KB, 560x559) Image search: [Google]
dfsfds.png
325 KB, 560x559
Why didn't he call an eagle to escape the deathstar?
>>
>>63386463
>why was Obi Wan the only jedi this happens with?
It happened to Yoda as well.

I guess non of the Jedi in the prequels knew how to become force ghosts. They just died like bitches.
>>
>>63386463
it was explained in the Clone Wars CGI cartoon
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.