[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Who: "Hell Bent" Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: p039dbfv.jpg (43 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
p039dbfv.jpg
43 KB, 976x549
I've come across way too many varying opinions on this episode and I'm curious to see it discussed in a dedicated thread.

Personally enjoyed it and thought it was a fitting end to The Impossible Girl story arc. Ridiculousness and all.

>Did you like it?
>Will you continue watching?
>Where do you want the series to go?
>>
>>63382722
hello reddit
>>
>>63382722

Steven Moffat has really turned into an autistic writer. It's like he tries to make every episode as confusing as possible. Everything is just all over the place.

He tries to be clever, but really isn't.

Also I hated Maise Williams in this season.
>>
>>63382924
>Also I hated Maise Williams in this season.
It wouldn't have been so bad if her character hadn't been hyped up as being so incredibly important. She does fucking nothing the whole time, except be in charge of a street of losers for some reason. And she ends up at the end of the universe, somehow not being killed at any point in the billions of years in-between.
Everything about her is "for some reason", the writing is getting more and more fucking tedious and vague as it goes on.

And we have a River episode to look forward to. I don't think even Capaldi could make me watch it.
>>
That whole episode was a completely mess I was so confused after he retrieved clara from her dead, but then all the things about clara beign toxic to the doctor, which had been studied during season 9 clara stateing the doctor was toxic to her, then she tells him she0s not worthy, but still want to live, I didin't get the whole motivations of the characters, and also the doctor fires a gun and kill, What the absolutely Fuck?.
Also by the doctor forgetting clara does that change everything he did, like killing?
>>
>>63383911

>the doctor fires a gun and kill
>and kill

Technically not. He regenerated, as The Doctor knew he would, he knew he wasn't killing him.
>>
Keep in mind that the people who feel the need to comment on it most likely dislike it
>>
>>63383911
>Regeneration?
>Tenth
>Good luck.

The Doctor only shot him because he knew he still had some regenerations left. Also, it was a tongue and cheek reference to how shitty 10 was.
>>
>>63382722

No I didn't like it. I haven't liked any Doctor Who since Moffat was put in charge.

Yes I will continue watching because I'm a miserable cunt. I'm also hoping it'll be good again one day.

Back in RTD's hands.
>>
I liked it, maybe I'm the only one
>>
This whole season is awful. Why is The Doctor, a 2000 year old immortal being, acting like a teenager all of a sudden? There's no reason for me to revisit old episodes because they're just boring the second time.
>>
>Gallifrey only used as an excuse to ressurect Clara
>Rassilon reduced to a senile old man
>Clara getting her own tardis
>Clara getting her own loli immortal companion
>Clara being an immortal time traveler
>The Doctor threatening the whole universe just to ressurect a single companion
Add to the fact that Heavens Sent was one of the best episodes of the show. this episode really dropped the ball
>>
>>63384812

I'm kind of the same, except I didn't mind some of the early Matt Smith episodes, and I haven't been watching it since Peter Capaldi took over the role. I just popped back in to see if the show was doing any better ... but nope.

I'll come back when Moffat is gone.
>>
>>63384812
RTD was just as shitty though.
>>
>>63385093

He really wasn't though. I just checked out some old episodes again last night, and while it's not all amazing, they are some moments during his run that were incredibly brilliant. The characters actually felt real, and weren't overly emotional and trying to be poetic all the fucking time.
>>
>>63384812
>Back in RTD's hands.

So we could have again quality episodes like Fear Her, Boom Town and Love&Monsters. Can't wait
>>
>>63385168
ok russell
>>
>>63384713

I think you're grasping m8.
>>
Don't know why everyone hates RTD. Better fucking showrunner than Moffat. Knew how to stage a satisfying finale most of the time, moffat builds it up and then it's anti climactic followed by vague mumbo jumbo etc. Pandorica being empty, silents just being priests, river and docs 'wedding' to name a few.
>>
>>63383911
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>63385207

I liked Boom Town
>>
>>63384713

it's kind of sad the way moffat can't let go of his envy for Best Doctor
>>
>>63385207
Boom Town is a quality, character-driven episode.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.