[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Who General - /who/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-06-14h36m13s463.png (623 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-06-14h36m13s463.png
623 KB, 1280x720
Clara forgotten Edition

Barely remember >>63380705
>>
Hopefully Big Finish doesn't fuck up the War Doctor Adventures boxset.
>>
I bet Americans watch Doctor Who and think it's only our flagship shows that are this current year, all our shows are like this.
>>
>>63382596
reminder that ZA IS NO LEADER
>>
The other admins on the Peruvian Fanpage of Doctor Who think I'm a pleb for thinking ''Hell Bent'' was shit.

They actually loved the episode, even the main admin (a fat guy on his 30's which plays vidya all day and got friendzoned 2 years ago) wants to suck Moffat's dick because of how ''good'' was the episode.
>>
>Lets break a fifty two year old tradition of actors playing the Doctor for diversity's sake
>It'll be great guys
Get out reddit
>>
File: harters.jpg (89 KB, 618x879) Image search: [Google]
harters.jpg
89 KB, 618x879
>Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, Steven. Goodbye, my dear.
>>
>>63382641
Yeah I don't think I'm getting it too. Care to explain please?
>>
Was there any reason for the Doctor forgetting Clara?
>>
>>63382726
But le black people are le fine, go back to le /pol/, you nadzee :DDD2015DD
>>
Can someone explain to me the climax

Why did he have to go more forward in time? What was stopping him doing whatever he was doing? Why was Clara not alive? Why would time travelling do that? Why didn't it work?

I just feel like there was a lot of words happening that didn't really have anything to do with what was going on.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6195633

Who's the best Rassilon?

You should be able to solve this.
>>
>>63382744
>tfw no canon brother and sister couple
>>
File: zap.jpg (48 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
zap.jpg
48 KB, 960x539
>>63382596
Reminder that Doctor Who will never have a Battlefront Game with all 13 Doctors and all teh various Races.
>>
>>63382749
No but Moffat couldn't make them stop travelling together so he made all that shit up. As if the Time Lords couldn't find Clara's TARDIS.
>>
>>63382749
The feelings he had were too destructive I think?
There was some sort of gross dependency that needed to be dropped in order for him to move on as a character.
>>
>>63382774
Spitlord obviously
>>
>>63382717
It wasn't shit, I'm pleasantly surprised because I imagined it to be awful. But it did have elements that don't seem to match the actual reveals.

This is recurring problem with Moffat, he has foreshadowing that foreshadows something else completely and doesn't match resolution at all.
>>
>>63382784
>13
Do you also refer to trannies as "she"?
>>
So what was The Hybrid then?
>>
>>63382749

The machine to make Clara forget was polarity reversed

Clara had to forget the Doctor because... there was... the....
>>
>>63382827
>>63382451
>>
I WANT SERIES 5 QUALITY MOFFAT

I WANT A BROTHER/SISTER DUO

I WANT SERIES 5 MURRAY GOLD

I WANT TO COME BACK TO THE GOLDEN AGE
>>
>>63382827
my dick
>>
>>63382683
Disappointment after disappointment, doctor kept calling everything he could a hybrid, gave Maisie Williams a chip that let's her heal and gives her eternal youth., More disappointment, Harness remains a fucking hack. Gatiss remains a fucking hack and got even worse as a writer. Clara dies to quantum shit that can find you anywhere in space/time. Doctor gets trapped somewhere for 4.5 billion years to make him confess about some hybrid shit that's prophesied to destroy Gallifrey. Gets out and finds himself on Gallifrey, Rassilon's an old decrepit man now who acts like a little bitch and screams like a petulant child and is told to get the fuck off the Doctor's planet (Gallifrey). Gallifrey's wasted as the Doctor only wants to use them to pluck Clara out of time, does so and fucks off in a new Tardis. Doctor finds Maisie at end of the universe, takes her too, Doctor gets mindwiped, Maisie takes new Tardis and Clara goes with her.
>>
>>63382827

I thought I knew but then I didn't know
>>
>>63382850
duo means lovers right
>>
>>63382827
A plot hole so overly glaring that they just outright admitted it and moved on with more clara wanking.
>>
>>63382865
EVERYONE TALK IN SPOILER TAGS NOW
>>
I swear if next year isn't as good as Series 5, I'll drop the show.
>>
>>63382888
At least it wasn't last season and opened pretty strong
>>
So what was making all the Cloister bells ring?
>>
>>63382603
You know, let's start from the beginning. What happened since the end of the first episode of the season?
>>
So when did time lords changing race/gender become a thing? Is it literally just Moffat trying to get over on tumblr?
>>
>>63382888
>Would the dynamic of male and female companions work with Peter’s Doctor?
>That’s still being discussed. We’re definitely looking for a different dynamic.
It's going to be even better.
>>
It's weird how watching classic Who, particularly Troughton and Hartnell-era Who, becomes so much more poignant after looking at what the show is now.

Hartnell's farewell to Susan still gets me. It's actually a beautifully written bit of dialogue.
>>
I suspect next series will be like Seven, with toned down ambition and arc and I welcome it.

Just get some good writers for once, OK.
>>
>>63382882
Adric dies

>>63382888
There won't be any Doctor Who next year. Or at least, not much of it.
>>
>>63382945
Refer to >>63382862
>>
>>63382937
Moffat's ego.
>>
I don't want to wait anymore I'm tired of looking for answers
Take me some place where there's music and there's laughter
I don't know if I'm scared of dying but I'm scared of living too fast, too slow

BASICALLY THE DOCTOR AND CLARA
>>
>>63382948

It's all Gaiman's fault, that lousy floppy-haired bastard.
>>
Here's to hoping that Moffat doesn't fuck up Rivers perfect goodbye with the Christmas Special.

>inb4 lel River actually isn't dead, the Doctor just went back and saved her! Why didn't the universe collapse when he changed that fixed point? Well, obviously because... LOOK OVER THERE! A BLACK TRANS DALEK!
>>
>If you were on a desert island and could save only one episode that you’ve written, which would it be?
I’d rather choose somebody else’s... I guess everyone wants me to say Blink [2007] but it’s never felt like real Doctor Who
>Blink [2007] but it’s never felt like real Doctor Who
>never felt like real Doctor Who

BLINK FANS BTFO
>>
I vaguely remember hearing a rumour that the dynamic between Clara and The Doctor was going to be romantic, and The Capaldick told Moffat to fuck off
>>
>>63382953
Every episode is ego Moffat & contemporary Harness.
>>
>>63382983
>Moffat doesn't fuck up Rivers perfect goodbye

He already did that when he brought her back as a fucking ghost
>>
>>63382949
If they're looking for a different dynamic it's either going to be brother/sister or an older companion Donna-like.

Both of them suit me.
>>
>>63383002
Nah. Never was gonna be romantic between 12 and Clara. Capaldi just didn't want it.

Press blew the story into that though cos that's more fun.
>>
>>63382979
Mad Larry did it with Interference in 1999. He has One of I.M. Foreman's regenerations is female.
>>
File: what show you want fam.jpg (27 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
what show you want fam.jpg
27 KB, 948x711
>>63382948

It's very recent. In the mainstream at least, Time Lords changing gender has sort of been winked towards since Matt Smith made jokes about it curiously around the same time Moffat became showrunner. The race-changing shit is almost brand new, started with River Song I believe.

I also wanna say that they MIGHT have mentioned it during Tennant's era, but if they did I only think it was as a joke passing, I never took any of it literally.

It DOES get mentioned in an old radio-play, but this is what classic Who had to say about it:

>'A “Sex Change Regeneration” is forbidden and is considered to be a worse crime then stealing a TARDIS and interfering in other time zones. The standard punishment is for the Time Lord to be locked inside their TARDIS forever. Once imprisoned, the criminal's only escape is to activate the de-materialization switch which will remove them from History, turning them into a neverperson.'
>>
>>63382990
Nah, he can save Heaven Sent and at the same time time turn Hell Bent into a mythical lost episode
>>
>>63383043
He looks like that Michael guy from GTA 5.
>>
whats the best episode of dr who
>>
>>63383041
>He has One of I.M. Foreman's regenerations is female.
I don't know how I fucked that sentence up so badly but you get what I mean.
>>
>>63382937
My ding a ling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI
>>
>>63383021
What would happen if the Doctor went full Hartnell?

"Oh, so you're a transgender? Right, right. Well I don't allow mentally ill people on my Tardis."

"Mentally Ill?! It's 2015!"

"Oh, no, no, no, dear. I think you'll find in this machine of mine we exist outside the space time continuum, what's say I drop you in Bedlem and see how they treat your disorder there, hmm?
>>
>>63383075
The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang.
>>
>>63382827
Moffat not wanting to say out right that the Doctor IS actually half-human.

The Doctor doesn't want anyone finding out because he doesn't want anyone going after his mother.
>>
File: does it matter.jpg (80 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
does it matter.jpg
80 KB, 1920x1080
You can tell from the way he plays this scene that Capaldi is 100% on board with the half-human Doctor interpretation.
>>
>>63383075
heaven sent
>>
What would people think of NuWho episodes if they were the ones missing?

Like how everyone played up Tomb of the Cybermen as being incredibly creepy but when they found it, realised it wasn't quite as mysterious as they expected.
>>
>>63383135
>"Jokes on you guys, Clara is his mom now by some stupid shenanigans!"
>>
>>63383136
He looks like he's thinking "Oh fuck you Moffat I'm so tired of your bullshit"
>>
>>63383019
The Ghost thing was unnecessary, but not a complete screw up because it was still totally in character for both of them. It worked.
Could have done without it, but hey, let's see how Moffat will try and fuck it up beyond repair!
>>
>>63382921
>>63382888
The problem was that it opened TOO strong. It almost mirrors S6 part by part. Started off promising and went to shit after the first two episodes.

Unfortuately for S9, there was no "AGMGTW/Let's Kill Hitler" episode in the middle that gave the season some enjoyment despite the fact that the season finale would be an utter clusterfuck. S9 was just a promising beginning that could not live up to its promise by the near end.

Honestly if the season ended with Heaven Sent, hell if the series ended/went on hiatus after Heaven Sent we would have at least been given a promising ending that The Doctor finally found Gallifrey and just leave it at that or leave it to another showrunner a few years down the road who can properly give us proper writing of the series since Gallifrey is back in the picture now.
>>
>>63383136
>being dis stoopid
>>
>>63382888
This season was good, my friend. You're just put out by the finale. Like how Season 5 was good to mediocre but had a stellar opening and ending.
>>
>>63383180
>there was no "AGMGTW/Let's Kill Hitler" episode in the middle that gave the season some enjoyment

are you joking? those are moffats worst.
>>
>>63382948
You know regeneration is just an excuse to change the actor, right, not some kind of Canon Brought Down From The Heavens? They're leaving their options open.
>>
File: davies-580x273.jpg (37 KB, 580x273) Image search: [Google]
davies-580x273.jpg
37 KB, 580x273
Miss me yet wankers?
>>
>>63383112
>Moffat planned this all along
>he panders the BBC enough to be allowed one 'surprise' scene in an episode with a transginger nigger companion
>Leftists all over the world shit themselves in a panic and flee to their safe spaces
>It's too late. The Doctor is now a shitlord.
>>
File: troll king 2.gif (852 KB, 500x217) Image search: [Google]
troll king 2.gif
852 KB, 500x217
Leaked Series 10 info

>Moffat will be the new companion
>he'll be his own plot device
>Series finale will be Moffat becoming a Timelord and regeneration into a trans muslim black woman
>Capaldi then dies but his regeneration fails killing him for real
>trans muslim black woman Moffat becomes the new Doctor with Mark Gatiss as showrunner
>>
>>63382618

I mean, for the Doctor everything should be translated into Gallifrean, right? And for Clara, English. So why do we see language X in Engish, but Gallifrean usually isn't translated, except on that crib that one time.
>>
>>63383221
no m8
>>
>>63382990
He's got a point. Blink was a side-story at best.
>>
File: Billy Harts.jpg (154 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Billy Harts.jpg
154 KB, 540x720
>>63383112

>"Considering I'm a time traveller my dear, what year it might be for you is entirely irrelevant to what year it might be for me!"

>"In fact as I remember it, your kind conspicuously vanishes when the world's governments begin recognizing it as a mental disorder and forwards money into treating it... So goodbye, tranny... Goodbye, my dear."
>>
>>63383171
the UNIVERSE dies after about a trillion or so.

100 Trillion actually
>>
>>63383180
I can see that. Setting the show up to seem like it'd be all self contained stories to make it seem like DW was back to where it was, only to shoehorn in some sort of overarching plotline just to get the Doctor to forget Clara, because somehow Clara just means THAT much to him.
>>
File: 1388452904690.gif (3 MB, 520x388) Image search: [Google]
1388452904690.gif
3 MB, 520x388
>>63383225
>Moffat as a companion
Will RTD join him?
>>
>>63383180
I don't think series 9 has a strong opener. Why would anything think it has strong opener?

And it was just dreary all over and not actually fun. Even what they set as a comedy episode with Vikings wasn't fun. Jokes everywhere were forced and there was overwhelming depressing feeling all over the place. Bizzarely, first time it was fun was the episode where Clara actually died.

Of course not every story needs to be comedy, but horror/mystery episodes just didn't pull it off this time either.
>>
>>63382766
The Doctor thought that he had saved Clara's life when he took her from Diagon Alley, but he actually took her from a frozen moment in time. He kept moving time forward because he thought she would eventually unfreeze and be "alive" again, but it never worked and eventually he ran out of time.
>>
>>63383226
Because the translation circuits are Gallifreyan and usually don't bother unless you concentrate.
>>
One thing I will say is, Moffat really loves half-arsed wordplay, doesn't he? First "Doctor Who", now "Me".
>>
>>63383225

Though he only regenerates after being forced to by the Doctor.

That's the Doctor's curse, the Doctor's fury. He turns Time Lords into ugly man-hating black women. A fate worse than death, I'm sure.
>>
File: _45824743_russsel_t_nrclip.jpg (33 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
_45824743_russsel_t_nrclip.jpg
33 KB, 512x288
>>63383238

very well. carry on
>>
>>63383276
>12 playing guitar on a tank
>missy fucking with clara
>not fun
>>
>>63383196
But I liked the finale. Apart that it fucking ignored Gallifrey entirely and forgetting Clara is a stupid move. Under the Lake is the only episode I've liked. I liked Sleep No More and The Zygon Inversion to a lesser degree too. Everything else was forgettable. Heaven Sent was great but it loses interest after you've watched it once.
>>
>>63383218
To be fair they were more finale written then The Wedding of River Song, which was just an absolute clusterfuck meant to be two episodes but crammed into one.
>>
>"Doctor, how long were you trapped?"
>"two days"
Surely him saying billions of years is pointless as that particular Doctor was trapped for barely any time at all.
>>
>>63383322
>I liked Sleep No More
That episode was dumb
>>
>>63382717
You are a pleb, Hell bent was good. Fuck off to /b/.
>>
>>63383326
>Wedding of river song
I constantly forget this was a series finale
>>
>>63383334

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...
>>
>Utopia set 100 trillion years in the future
>Gallifrey is at the end of the univers
So who erased 92% of the universes history?
>>
>>63383135
If he's half-human it'd be his father, we saw a Time Lord strongly implied to be his mother in End of Time.
>>
>>63383196
>This season was good

No, just no
>>
>>63383319
>12 playing guitar on a tank
If people could die of cringe, Moffat would be on trial for my manslaughter.
>>
>>63383334
No, the Confession Dial was a Matrix-derivative that was actually keeping the entire him in there.

Remember when he says 'NOW I remember'? That's him saying he remembers every time he's done this. You only pick this up on repeat viewings.
>>
>>63383338
I know, but apart from the explanation of the monsters (they should have been meta physical representations of people's dreams created by the Morpheus machine) and the stupid low key ending, I think it was a good story.
>>
>>63383388
nice meme
>>
>>63383322
Zygon Inversion's only 10/10 part was the Doctor's speech when their hands are over the buttons
>>
>>63383334
He remembers it all, every time. He said so.
>>
>>63383388
Most real world people I know that watch Doctor Who enjoyed that scene
>>
Remember that time Clara punched the Doctor in the Dick?
>>
>>63383433
Wasn't that about a quarter of the episode?
>>
>>63383433
Well, it was a good speech as long as you don't think too hard of it.
It falls apart real fast otherwise.
>>
>>63383276
I agree. This series was shit. Let's forget it.
>>
File: Steven-Moffat-007.jpg (20 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Moffat-007.jpg
20 KB, 460x276
>>63383377
Me.
>>
>>63383450
Yeah probably

>>63383452
Sure, the writing was flimsy, but Capaldi acted it so well. I could honestly believe he was a man who lost everything for a moment there.
>>
>>63383433
I know, that's why I said I liked it to a lesser degree. This series was very disappointing. It's forgettable at best.
>>
>>63383483
>series 4
>GOAT
almost got me
>>
>>63383378
>I'm half-human, on my mother's side
Direct explicit statement overrides vague implication anon.
>>
>>63383378
Could have been his grandma

Since everything post that implies he was part of some barn orphanage
>>
>>63383112
>>63383222
>>63383244

I want more shitlord who.
>>
>>63383377
Faction Paradox
>>
>>63383276
>not actually fun
One of my favorite things about this season, It was less childish and a bit darker. No more silly matt zany antics, its great.

doctor who space/time drama
>>
>>63383222
>transginger

They don't think it be like what it is, but it do.
>>
>>63383533
>All of tumblr protests and riots break out because he said a mean thing
>PM comes on TV to announce a new culturally sensitive DW
>>
>>63383222
>>Leftists all over the world shit themselves in a panic and flee to their safe spaces
They do realize that their Safe Spaces will not protect them against a fucking TARDIS right?
>>
>>63383520
It was GOAT funny yes.
>>
>>63383136
Slightly clever Moffat responding to both sides of the argument with "Does it matter?"
Seriously, who gives a fuck what his parents were, the important thing is what kind of a person he is.
>>
>>63383574
>Doctor who put on paid hiatus for a timelord involved insensitivity
>>
File: Doctor-Who.jpg (40 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Doctor-Who.jpg
40 KB, 615x409
>>63383533
>The Doctor takes the mantle of President from Rassilon
>'Make Gallifrey Great Again!'
>Promptly throws the General into the Time Vortex to be lost in the ages for breaking the rules on Transgender Regeneration
>>
>>63383607
like I said. you almost got me.
make it a little more subtle next time.
>>
>>63383485

The face of a man who is literally able to destroy entire universes just by willing it, all with a smile.

Moffat is the Doctor's greatest villain.
>>
>>63383436
If he remembers it all then why didn't he go straight to the crystal wall and start hitting it as soon as he materialized?
>>
>>63383276
The Doctor abandons a child in a mine field, steals a tank and rides into a medieval gathering on it while playing the electric guitar, Missy straight up kills a few people for the lulz, and you don't think that was a strong opener?
My zipper's about to have a strong opener in front of your face.
>>
>>63383297
"Doctor who?" is literally the oldest gag in the series. It's like 15 minutes into An Unearthly Child.
>>
File: BBC.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BBC.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
>>63383654
Speaking of which. Won't the Time Lords punish Missy for breaking the gender rule?
>>
>>63383723
But Moffat was the one who took it as far as it would go. And then some.
>>
File: 04.jpg (628 KB, 1000x1397) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
628 KB, 1000x1397
>>63382519
The End of Time Rassilon felt consistent with the one from the Alan Moore comics.
>>
>>63383378
Could've been literally any number of women who are also important to him. A grandmother, Susan, Romana, a former teacher he was fond of. Anyone.
>>
File: Swag.jpg (11 KB, 236x273) Image search: [Google]
Swag.jpg
11 KB, 236x273
>>63383533
>America is in crisis
>Aliens fucking around everywhere, war nearly unavoidable
>Doctor lands the TARDIS in the White House to tell the President his flawless plan to save the day
>It's Obama
>'Oh, are you the servant? Tell the President that I wish to speak with him.'
>'I'm the Obongosident!'
>'Oh, funny you, go now, I have to speak to someone with authority.'
>>
File: IMG_20151206_202605.jpg (132 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_202605.jpg
132 KB, 1024x576
All I want for Christmas is you. She's back for the Christmas special hahahaha Moffat you hack.
>>
>>63383378
Didn't the TV movie have some half-baked thing with his father being a Time Lord called Odysseus or something? And all that remained of it was tehe "mother's side" line?
>>
>>63383728
CURRENT YEAR
U
R
R
E
N
T

Y
E
A
R

>I mean, come on!
>>
File: make gallifrey great again.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
make gallifrey great again.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>63383654
>the lowborn gallifreyans are flocking into our capital, y'know, becoming timelords, it's time for a wall
>>
>>63383804
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>63383728
Christ, Gomez just always looks evil.
>>
>>63383728
Fuck one, kill one, marry one.
Marry Capaldy, kill Missy (so she'll regenerate), and, most importantly, FUCK CLARA
>>
File: milesmilesmiles.jpg (448 KB, 748x748) Image search: [Google]
milesmilesmiles.jpg
448 KB, 748x748
>>63383654
>the General ends up merging with every other entity which has ever been lost in the Time Vortex, becoming part of a gestalt entity which proceeds to wreak its vengeance on an abstracted version of Earth inside an artificial bottle universe created by the Time Lords until a teenage girl convinces it to incarnate itself as a human being for thirty years by beating it at rock-paper-scissors
>>
File: low quality b8.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
low quality b8.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>63383804
riiight
>>
>>63383670
Because he only remembers it when the sight of the crystal wall jogs his memory.
>>
Unifag here with my last poll. Thanks for answering the last two, guys. I'm gonna enjoy presenting these tomorrow

http://strawpoll.me/6196080
>>
File: watersports clara.jpg (268 KB, 822x462) Image search: [Google]
watersports clara.jpg
268 KB, 822x462
>>63383688
>My zipper's about to have a strong opener in front of your face.
>>
Bye /who/! Hell Bent sealed the deal. I hope you all enjoy the show forever.
>>
I WANT DANNY PINK TO FUCK ME
>>
>>63382675
What you mean like this a mess with the motivations and morals of the characters?
>>
>>63383896
The marketing?
>>
>>63383728
>there used to be specific rules that timelords couldn't genderbend
>that was before transexuality became a thing

It seems like transexuality has only been a thing for a decade, before then it was just fruits wearing dresses.
>>
>>63383914
>I hope you all enjoy the show forever.
This feels strangely ominous...
>>
Rage quit anon better deliver
>>
>>63383896
Doing a Doctor Who project for uni are ya?

Reminds me. I'm a computer science student doing data visualisation at the moment, we've been given a few data sets to choose from and one of them's data about Doctor Who monster/villain appearances.

Might post the results if I make anything decent.
>>
>>63382749
There was absolutely no reason to forget clara, also he didn't quite completely forgot, and that was really stupid, he kinds of remembers the mummy on orient express and such also her name and her smile, so that was for nothing, also by erasing someone's memories they didn't stop the fact the doctor killed with a gun, shit he has alway stated hated guns and killing.
>>
>>63383975
A lot of people have said they've dropped the show since last night...
>>
>>63383834
>Rassilon kicked off Gallifrey
>hatches revenge plan
>converts his ship into a time machine
>builds his own eye of harmony capturing a dying sun and an ancient black hole
>travels back in time
>crash lands on Earth in 1947
>held prisoner at Area 51
>spends 20 years planning his escape
>gets out of Area 51
>hitchhiking across the country
>gets picked up by college dropout hippy in the 60s
>gets to know dropout
>they travel across America to meet dropout's Dad, Fred
>finds out guy's Dad is rich
>insinuates himself further in hippy's life
>eventually learns enough to mimic him perfectly
>regenerates into an exact copy of him
>kills hippy
>goes to American college
>gets loan from Fred to start business
>gets richer and richer
>dabbles in politics
>eventually runs for President
>plans to build giant wall segregating America
>will nuke rest of the world to get revenge against the Doctor
>>
>>63383947
Indeed. Adverts, interviews, news articles, reviews, product tie ins, official tweets. Anything that you felt was trying to shove the new series down your throat.
>>
Is RTD on twitter? Could /who/ contact him and get him to slap Moffat about and tell him to get his shit together?
>>
I want to hug Ashildr.
>>
>>63384033
That's a long greentext..
>>
>yfw you realise Ken Bones's character is Romana
>>
>>63384009
Very cool. I have to research the marketing/exhibition side of it when I'd much rather be looking into production, but hey ho.
>>
File: trump smug surprised.jpg (213 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
trump smug surprised.jpg
213 KB, 620x412
>>63384033
>>
>>63384039
There was marketing for this season?
>>
>>63384131
what?
>>
>>63384095
For you.
>>
>>63382850
Who da man? wow, that episode was amazing! but in general I didn't like most ewpisodes of Series 5, just at the end with the 2nd big bang was that I said, wow I love matt smith, also the episode about van gogh was beautiful, but the rest I hardly remember them, nothing worthy. But the way plots uses to develop was really cool, the doctor watching the cracks in time in every travel, which moffat destroyed right at series 9 now the "main plots" are just explained at the beggining, in the middle and the conclusion.
>>
>>63384090
I want to put her in a giant molten iron egg, let it cool so that it hardens (but is still fucking hot) then drop her in the south pole so that the residual heat melts the iron egg shell though the ice and the icy cold top will refreeze, effectivly sealing her for at least the next 10,000 years.
>>
This thread, and all the /who/ threads that come before and after. You are the reason this show is so stupid.
>>
>>63384146
Meaning I saw little to no marketing for the show.
>>
>>63384179
What about me? I like Doctor Who.
>>
>>63383319

If only the episode started there. The first 20 minutes without the Doctor were completely pointless.
>>
>>63384179
Because Meme magic made it all real?
>>
>>63383156
I wish these last series played a lot more with the fact that Clara is the mother fucking "Impossible Girl", so I thought she died, just like she did all this past times since the holiday special and then wow, clara is still alive because she is impossible and kind of remembers some adventures, but no moffat just throw at the end and written on the board: Run you clever boy, and made a mess of how clara is still kinda alive, kinda death with that last heartbeat.
>>
Where were you when Phil Sandifer showed without the shadow of a doubt why Moffat is a genius?
http://www.eruditorumpress.com/blog/hell-bent-review/
>>
>>63384193
Yeah, the only marketing I saw was the trailers that came out shortly before The Magician's Apprentice and that's because I was expecting trailers around that time.
>>
>>63382749
There was no reason in the whole episode. What a waste of the Doctor finally returning to Gallifrey.
>>
How the fuck can they even pilot a TARDIS?
>>
Who else hopes to God that if/when Rassilon comes back, he's a tall, alpha silver haired son of a bitch instead of a little bitch

>yfw Rassilon's ship makes contact with the Toclafane and the banished High Council
>yfw he upgrades them even further into an army fit for a Time War, a hybrid one
>yfw he fucking conquers Gallifrey and puts the Sisterhood of Karn and the General to the gauntlet
>yfw he brings Gallifrey back from the end of the Universe and makes a Time Lord Empire
>>
>>63383180
yea , i was really excited for this series, but the last 5 episodes were really meh, and the finale was a complete mess.
>>
>>63384206
Baneposting crashed a plane, so it's not unheard of
>>
>>63384287
Clara learned how to seasons ago.
>>
>>63384321
>>63384321
>pulling stuff out of my ass

the post
>>
Rubber Faced Bastard on GB thinks the Doctor was a little girl. I want to insult him.
>>
>>63384164
Wat
>>
>>63384287
Clara being a complicated time event out of sync with the rest of the universe brought back the memories of her time as a Gallifreyan Tardis mechanic and so she knew how to operate it, duh. /s
>>
File: 17.jpg (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
17 KB, 600x600
>>63384385
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-the-war-doctor
>>
>>63384287
>http://strawpoll.me/6196080
Moffat taught her so Big Finnish can have a Clara/Me spinoff series.
>>
>>63384287
We've seen the Doctor giving her chances to do little things, she's been with him a while, she figured it out.
Ash had time to study the book, since the restaurant seen is likely months later. Remember, he told Clara that his Tardis wasn't where he left it, so we can infer from that that he went to the UK, and has presumably been searching for it ever since.
>>
>>63384410
>implying "Clara's Gallifreyan splinter" wasn't the real Clara finally returning her stolen TARDIS to Gallifrey, right in time for the First Doctor to steal it and the Time Lords to send her back to the trap street
>>
>>63384287
Clara learned a lot of the basic stuff from the Doctor and Me had the manual. Even if they can't figure out how to land where they want they can still learn as they go like the first Doctor did.
>>
>>63382657
I haven't been a fan of Briggs'writing for the last four years, but I want to believe that he will get this right.
And even if he doesn't, we will still have Hurt's performance.
>>
File: NOT CANON.png (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
NOT CANON.png
1 MB, 1200x800
So what's our story on Rassilon? Is Rassilon just a title like Caeser? Please don't let this cunt actually be the real Rassilon.
>>
>>63383764

I miss Susan.
>>
>>63384025
First rule: The Doctor lies.
>>
More Shitlord Doctor

>'When did the great and bountiful Human Empire turn into a hugbox fo mentally ill people?!'
>'Doctor! That is highly triggering, please be nice!'
>'Triggering? Child, where I come from it's called 'reality'. It's cruel and stupid to indulge in the fantasies of mentally deranged instead of helping them!'
>>
>>63383485
You cheeky bastard.
>>
>>63383041
His final incarnation.
>>
So how long does it take after each ep until everyone calms, the shitposters leave and we actually discuss the ep?
>>
File: This-breaks-the-Moff.gif (4 MB, 372x404) Image search: [Google]
This-breaks-the-Moff.gif
4 MB, 372x404
>>63384518
>Not liking DE1
>>
>>63384593
>It's cruel and stupid to indulge in the fantasies of mentally deranged instead of helping them!

It'd be funny if it wasn't so true.
>>
Daily Reminder that Hell Bent may not have been the best finale but still better than RTD Shit.
BASED CAPALDI
A
S
E
D

C
A
P
A
L
D
I
>>
File: Rigsy shieeet.png (17 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
Rigsy shieeet.png
17 KB, 500x352
>>63384098
>>
>>63384655
By Monday or Tuesday usually
>>
>>63384655
saturday
>>
I liked this season, but I unironically think Clara might be the most Mary Sue character of all time. Not in the show, I mean literally, in the history of entertainment.

>Has inifinite clones guiding the Doctor
>Helps him steal the Tardis. Twice.
>Motivated him as a child to become who he is.
>Basically used him as a space Taxi service instead of him showing her around
>Had the Doctor try and save her from dying even after what happened with Danny Pink.
>Danny Pink.
>Is now Immortal, and gets to die when she chooses which can basically be never as long as she keeps moving.
>And has a loli sidekick she can eat out whenever she wants who will never age
>>
>>63384550
>Rassilon the Resurrected
Duh, of course he's the real Rassilon. Why do you want the character to be an alpha male badass? There's nothing wrong with him being ineffectual, squabbling and decrepit in at least some of his incarnations. Hell, most Time Lords have been since Robert Holmes got his hands on them.
>>
>>63384569
I keep hoping he'll go visit her.
Actually, I keep thinking I'd love to somehow become a writer on the show, because I'd work that into a new companion introduction. He goes to see Susan, we could bring back the same actress, she's very old, hasn't regenerated, has a grandson of her own who's absolutely brilliant and is working to help wipe out the last of the Dalek forces on Earth, kid gets shot in the big last push to get rid of them, Susan transfers her Regenerations to him, they bury her, go on adventures, eventually he decides he wants to spend time with the Time Lords to try and bring them back to their former glory, so for once a companion leaving isn't an attempt at emotional manipulation, but just someone moving on.
>>
This episode was so good until Me showed up and fucked everything up.
>>
>Watching Jekyll & Hyde
>The black Time Lord soldier from last night appears as a literal dindu nuffin (ok, ain't dun nuffin)

Holy fucking shit!
>>
>>63383628
Well, it could have some effect on his weird alien powers, but in that respect he hasn't been shown to be any different than regular time lords. I guess it's still possible he's half human, but somehow half-human half time lord hybrids turn out 100% time lord genetically despite their parentage. Which would make sense, given that River, a human, had time lord abilities simply by being exposed to the vortex at the moment of her conception, so I guess time juice overrides mundane genetics.
>>
File: FFS.jpg (80 KB, 628x627) Image search: [Google]
FFS.jpg
80 KB, 628x627
I mean to say that was complete garbage wasn't it?.
Just had a flying visit to GB,Twitter,radio times & Facebook. It has never been more obvious that what I consider to be good Doctor Who and what nuwhovians call good Doctor Who are two completely different things.
I always hated people who said this in the past, but I honestly think it's time I dropped the show and just stuck to Big Finish.
I hate feeling disappointed and alienated by who all the time. And I don't think I can stomach River Song at christmas.
>>
>>63384742
Go further.
From a meta point of view, she was shoehorned into nearly 50 years of history of one of the most popular shows on TV ever to be the most important character responsible for nearly every major event.
>>
File: 1445768015860111.jpg (112 KB, 1349x1020) Image search: [Google]
1445768015860111.jpg
112 KB, 1349x1020
>>
>>63384832
AmyFags need to leave.
>>
File: rutrippin.jpg (44 KB, 283x346) Image search: [Google]
rutrippin.jpg
44 KB, 283x346
>>63384832
>>
File: Disgusted woman.gif (474 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted woman.gif
474 KB, 200x150
>>63384832
Clara at least has something actually resembling breasts and an arse.
>>
>>63384628
Actually I.M. Foreman's tenth incarnation, Queen Nitocris, is the only female one. He/she later inhabits the body of the old woman Magdelana, though that wasn't a regeneration.
>>
exiled/punished rassilon for next series main villain!
>>
Do you guys think we will see the Doctor mop about Clara next series even though he cant remember her?
>>
>>63384806
Oh shit guys... he didn't like that episode! CANCEL THE SHOW ALREADY
>>
>>63384806
see ya at christmas
>>
>>63384881
Well of course.
The plot will be him chasing after the girl in his memories.
>>
>>63384405
I don't blame him, Moffat loves hinting at it this series
>>
>>63384769

The problem there sadly is modern Who seems to puke at the idea of having the Doctor travel with another Time Lord or someone with Time Lord blood, even if it's a half Time Lord.

Which really is what makes Susan so unique, aside from being a direct relative of the Doctor, she was a Time Lord through and through. In fact she's the first Time Lord you see for the entire show.
>>
>>63384882
Except I didnt say that.
I actually don't resent the show or its popularity. I WANT the show to thrive and succed even if I don't watch it.
>>63384890
Oh I'll be on /who/ I just wont watch the special.
>>
>>63384806
Levine is exactly the kind of autist who would hate Hell Bent and think it should be about wanky Gallifrey "lore" rather than characters or ideas.
>>
>>63384832
Oh of course, with those clothes she looks like a pleb's choice... gimme a break anon
>>
>peopke thinking the Doctor remembers his clones
>>
>>63384922
Well, if she's really his biological granddaughter, and everyone outside of the Doctor involved in her creation was also a Time Lord, she's still 1/8th human.
>>
>All this talk about a hybrid
>No mention of River Song

I'm ok with this actually
>>
>>63384550
No, actual Rassilon fucked off instead of staying like a bitch at the end of the universe. In his place the Time Lords put this old guy cause his wife gave the best head, unfortunately he was crazy and had gone so senile that he was so confused about who he was, who he was taking over for and who's names were on all the shit around him, that he assumed that he was Rassilon and everyone else just rolled with it to not confuse him further.
>>
>>63384832
And yet Amy still doesnt have tits or ass
Breaking news: you like traps
>>
>>63384995
But then where did he get the le scary glove of fingering?
>>
File: 3978004185_68ba8069a2.jpg (47 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
3978004185_68ba8069a2.jpg
47 KB, 500x353
>>63384867
>I watch Doctor Who for the Tits and Ass
>>
>>63385027
Yeah, what a freak. I mean, I stopped doing that after the New New York stuff, because the sexy catgirl nuns turned me furry.
>>
I can't wait until ratings fall, disc sales dwindle, the show's budget is cut and then the writing improves.
>>
>>63382825
The war doctor became the doctor again at the end of his life
Come at me senpai
>>
File: Happy Saville.png (18 KB, 520x566) Image search: [Google]
Happy Saville.png
18 KB, 520x566
>>63385027
>I watch Doctor Who for 12 year old boy bodies
>>
>>63385027
>>
>>63384867
Clara has pancake tits you faglord
>>
File: 1389073562597.gif (3 MB, 744x720) Image search: [Google]
1389073562597.gif
3 MB, 744x720
>>63385027
>I don't
>>
>>63385017
Saw a portrait of Rassilon with a glove and wondered why he as Rassilon didn't have one anymore. So they made him a shitty one
>>
>>63385027
what else would you watch it for?
>>
>>63385076
Well, considering her fat boobs being sad pancakes I can't imagine the sagginess of her tits right now. Probably worse than River Song's wrickled tits
>>
>>63384832
Give me all of the Who or none of it.

"XZYFag"fags need to fag off, seriously.
>>
>>63385060
It's taken nuwho 10 years to do what the classic series took 20 - become a lorebased fanwank fuckfest feasting itself and alienating 80% of the audience.

The next itteration of who it will do it in 5 years.
>>
>>63385090
This, really, is the only way I can accept Rassilon not just wiping all of these traitors from existance when they turned against him.

If it really had been Rassilon he would have fucked them up with the glowy finger of butthurt.
>>
>>63385079
pancake tits > no tits
>>
File: atwell.jpg (215 KB, 936x1404) Image search: [Google]
atwell.jpg
215 KB, 936x1404
>>63385027

If Hayley Atwell is cast you're gonna hear that reason a lot more.
>>
>>63385152
What?
>>
File: rassilonyellsatcloud.jpg (199 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
rassilonyellsatcloud.jpg
199 KB, 1200x900
>>63384761
Because he was so pants shittingly intimidating last time we saw him, and if he had acted with the personality he had in TEOT, the first soldier to refuse to shoot would have been facemelted and the general and all the rest of the squad would have become his weeping bitches as he burned through the Doctor's regenerations until he got what he wanted. So seeing the gauntlet, seeing him say he's Rassilon, and then being an ineffectual old geezer was disappointing. If at least there had been some more explanation of the change. But really, although disappointing, Rassilon wasn't the worst part of the episode, just symbolic of its problems.
>>
>>63385152
Silly Anon, there will be no new iteration.
>>
>>63385184
Are you sure the TARDIS can contain her?
>>
File: literal fertility goddess.jpg (197 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
literal fertility goddess.jpg
197 KB, 500x743
>>63385184
Yes please
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.