[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Ray fight Rudy at the end during the football game? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_me4n9ebf1r1rup3lro1_500.png (316 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me4n9ebf1r1rup3lro1_500.png
316 KB, 500x352
Why did Ray fight Rudy at the end during the football game? It seemed really out of character and felt odd.
>>
It was totally in character, he's immature as fuck.
>>
I was wondering this myself. That part wasn't even in the book.
>>
>I LOVE YOU FRUITY RUIDY

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>63382508
"YOU'RE JUST LIKE EVERY JOCK IN HIGH SCHOOL" and him crying just felt off to me.

Fruity Rudy was the fucking best TL, would eat kale chips and do yoga with.

Rudy was actually there too, he plays himself.
>>
>>63382465
I just assumed it was minor PTSD after seeing hundreds of civilians cut to pieces on the highway
>>
>>63382465

Couple reasons. 1. He was coming off that speed he was taking for weeks and was likely groggy, angry and maybe aggressive. 2. He was playing the class clown the whole time to not confront his own fears, anxiety and trauma. After they were in the clear he let his emotions get the better of him and momentarily took em out on Rudy.

Whatever the case, these things do happen when playing sports, even for fun, and by the end of the game they were fine. Rudy even embraced him.
>>
File: generation-kill-32-500x280.jpg (43 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
generation-kill-32-500x280.jpg
43 KB, 500x280
So, Brad was trying to tell them he would be a baneposter if he wasn't a marine?
>>
PO-LICE

THAT

MOO-STACHE
>>
>>63382663

odd scene to me

seemed out of character for a guy that was all about some warrior lifestyle and trying to be seen as a leader

i didnt love him in the role anyway, his accent was really sketchy and distracting, veering him into uncanny valley territory

is there some reason for this scene in the book?
>>
>>63382725
In the book he just said "Fuck it" and took off his flak vest and helmet and played airplane.
Rolling Stone didn't ask him anything that prompted it.
>>
>>63382659
He got tackled hard so he jumped him. Having a lot of stress hormones for weeks changes your behaviour substantially. Then he got put in a triangle and punched out. Rudy probably overreacted too.
My guess is they wanted to show that these guys were changed a bit from going to war, no matter how much they tried to play it off.
>>
File: Godfather.jpg (29 KB, 677x452) Image search: [Google]
Godfather.jpg
29 KB, 677x452
>It's a Godfather changes the plans episode
>>
>>63382725

>veering him into uncanny valley territory

That's not how uncanny valley works
>>
>>63382844
Godfather, this is Hitman Two-One, permission to check those dubs?
>>
>>63382725
He was happy he got his recon mission.
>>
>>63382889

I know it's not the specific definition friend. I just mean his voice/accent seemed so unnatural that I felt like I was watching at an almost human cyborg or something, mimicking human speech.

>>63382764
>>63382944

i see, the book's good, i assume?
>>
>>63383037
>I know it's not the specific definition friend.

Then say something else instead of trying to sound smart, you're like the idiots who use kek to mean whatever the fuck they want.

Use your vocabulary instead of shoehorning shit to fit a loose definition.
>>
>>63383037
He's not an American actor, he's a Swede.
>>
>>63383103
Natively sure but his natural accent is the one in the show
>>
>>63383084

Get off my dick, autist. It fits.

>used in reference to the phenomenon whereby a computer-generated figure or humanoid robot bearing a near-identical resemblance to a human being arouses a sense of unease or revulsion in the person viewing it.

>>63383103
That's what I figured. It was just spotty. Sometimes southern inflection, sometimes not. Whatever, small hangup in an otherwise great show.
>>
>>63383037
>almost human cyborg
That's why they call him the Iceman
>>
>>63383256
>it fits
No it doesn't, by the only definition you can provide it clearly doesn't
>a computer-generated figure or humanoid robot
>>
>>63383491

He seemed to me to be a bit robotic, as i've made clear. Not a big deal. Time for your afternoon meds lil buddy. You're doing great.
>>
November Juliet
>>
Whiskey tango, gimme some of that november juliet !
>>
>>63382844
Wasn't this guy busted for raping 12 year olds?
>>
>>63384127

No, IRL Sixta was
>>
>>63384127
>>63384157

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/crime/2014/11/19/sgt-maj-sixta-generation-kill-child-molestation-sentencing/19298495/
>>
>>63383550
so why not call him robotic
>>
>It's a nothing happens episode
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.