[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/ opinion on Tenacious D and the pick of destiny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
What's /tv/ opinion on Tenacious D and the pick of destiny?
>>
I would like to see more movies like that

But with a better script.
>>
It was fun as hell watching it.

Its pretty much the movie equivalent of a Tenacious D song. Its not supposed to be high art, You're just supposed to have fun experiencing it
>>
I watched the whole thing, which is pretty rare for me.
>>
>>63375382
Why was Satan in Tenacious D and the pick of destiny?
>>
>>63375382

better than expected coming from Jack Black.
>>
>>63376050
He was one of the main characters, and the main antagonist from a certain perspective.
>>
it needs a sequel
>>
The series on HBO. You fools, they were even better
>>
>>63375382
Classic
>>
>>63376095
iirc paul f tomkins was the mc at that bar in the hbo series so, satan had been part of the cast the whole time
>>
it's alright. as a follow up to the HBO series, it's pretty weak though, and the whole plot is too generic
>>
>>63375977
>>63376126
I would be so jacked if they announced a sequel but didn't they lose a lot of money on it?
>>
>>63377153
it was a huge bomb
>>
Do you think a new movie would be successful now that they're better known?
>>
>>63375382

I hate black jack

But it was an entertaining movie.
>>
Sequel pls senpai
>>
>>63375382
Good movie to watch if you're high, otherwise don't bother.
>>
>>63378141
>le you need drugs to enjoy maymay

This faggot is wrong. Its a fun movie even if you are sober. Just watch it and laugh.
>>
>>63378217
>le drugs are bad m'may
Back to your Christian wheelchair chan faggot
>>
DUDE, ROCK 'N' ROLL, LMAO
>>
>>63375382
High: fun as hell
Sober: Well, I gotta leave in fifteen minutes, I'll just watch this part and then I'll get going.
>>
>>63378238
I didnt say drugs are bad faggot. Lrn2read
>>
>>63377174
Only lost 7 mil, probably made it up in DVD sales...but the tenacious d train has sailed and I don't think anyone would care enough to make it a cult film, which would be the only way you'd get a sequel.

Besides, comedy sequels are usually pretty bad.
>>
>>63378362
The problem is that the film literally isn't funny at all in a sober state. If it is then you're probably just a little bit thick.
>>
>>63378713
>I only listen to David Bowie because I'm so enlightened

https://youtu.be/kszLwBaC4Sw
>>
>>63378713

>le fedora meme xD

Be honest, most of you are no different than the people you make fun of.
>>
C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y
>>
Reddit: the movie. Drivel for low-IQ rockists.
>>
It's okay, but picks up when they actually get the pick

Also Dave Grohl as Satan is still one of my favorite comedy sequences in a movie Foo Fighters are my favorite band
>>
>>63375382
Felt like they wanted to be the Blues Brothers of the 2000s.
Except with high-schooler humor.
>>
File: dubsgot.png (82 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
dubsgot.png
82 KB, 320x272
>>63381111
>>
>>63378141
>>63378238
>>63378412
>le drug are amazing let me pretend to use them so people will think I'm cool and trendy instead of a fat kid with a fedora amirite guise!

>>>/r/eddit
>>
We need more campy and/or ridiculous rock-musicals
>>
Decent, but the story revolves around too much DUDE WEED LMAO, awful humor that would be the equivalent of Reddit today, and Jack Black is in it.

And this too >>63381162
>>
>>63381111
>Foo Fighters are my favorite band
You have shit taste buddy, get back to /r/music
>>
>>63381550
>le calling other people with different opinions thank mine reddit maymay
>>
>>63376782
kek never even noticed that
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.