[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix the prequels? Not bitch or whine or complain about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: Star Shit.png (362 KB, 617x265) Image search: [Google]
Star Shit.png
362 KB, 617x265
How do we fix the prequels? Not bitch or whine or complain about them, but try to assemble a superior version of them?
>>
>>63364569
You can't, they're already out. They're going to be terrible forever.
You can write a better script for them and start over from scratch, but the movies themselves are unsalvageable.
>>
>>63364610
Rewriting them is what I mean, sorry for being vague.
>>
>>63364569
Cut out Jar Jar first. Then start with Anakin older than what Jake Lloyd was. Then focus on making him the main character. Then develop Obi Wan and his friendship more.
>>
>>63364569
Take all 3 and edit them down to 1.
>>
>>63364569
God, Hayden looked the part for Anakin but just sucked at acting. Was he fixable?
>>
>>63364656
Good actor given shit material and poorly directed.
>>
>>63364569
I don't think episode 1 is that bad t.b. h
>>
Cut out the prophecy and anything that makes Anakin super important jesus character, have him actually intrigued by the power of the dark side instead of sympathy but not really excuse where he wants to save padme. Stormtroopers are people, not clones. Cut out Jango Fett and Jar jar. Keep the force as a vague mystical concept and remove that microorganism thing. And finally remove yodas lightsaber and have him focus on the force
>>
>>63364569
>stop having Qui Gon act like Obiwan and vice versa
>stop having Obiwan act like Anakin and vice versa

Just have your characters act like themselves and it will fit.
>>
>>63364650
You mean like Tugboat Maguire did?
>>
>>63364632
>start with Anakin older than what Jake Lloyd was. Then focus on making him the main character. Then develop Obi Wan and his friendship more.

Pretty much this. Anakin needs to meet Obi-Wan as a teenager or adult, and the three movies need to be about their relationship. George fucked up by deciding to start with Anakin as a little kid. By devoting two movies to only really basic parts of Anakin's story (meeting Obi-Wan, and marrying Padme), he basically left the third one to tell his entire story, which didn't work. Anakin should have met Obi-Wan near the beginning of movie one, which should have been about the start of the Clone War. Then you have two more movies to talk about the war and Anakin's fall.

Also, more agreement with the OT in general. George really fucked up some basic stuff.
>>
>>63364826
That was Topher Grace.
>>
>>63367038
Honestly famjam, I can't tell the difference. They're both scrawny ass white nerds boning red heads too hot and too tall for them.
>>
I'll write fanfiction for the new movies but never for the old ones

They're canon
GET OVER IT
>>
>>63364677
His one and only decent performance was in shattered glass. Where he was playing a man completely without emotions.

Reflect upon that for a moment.
>>
>>63364871
Its somewhat clear what lucas was trying to do was tell the story of how the empire formed, rather than just vader.

He just managed to make that completely fucking boring.
>>
There's a war from the beginning. The Galaxy is already divided between Palpatine's Empire in the core and the middle galaxy remnants of The Republic.
The Jedi order is still extant but severely depleted from the get go. The war's been a protracted conflict.
Make Obi-Wan not a jobber. Make him the edgy overconfident faggot he was implied to have been in Star Wars.
Never have Qui Gon Jinn.
Throw out literally all space politics.
Make Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship believable and really center in on it.
Make Anakin and Padme's romance believable and really center in on it and Anakin's fears of losing her and his child. Lucas really had the right idea with this but he blew it in execution.
>>
>>63367506
>playing a man completely without emotions
pottery
>>
>>63367688
>Make Obi-Wan not a jobber. Make him the edgy overconfident faggot he was implied to have been in Star Wars.
>Make Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship believable and really center in on it.

This would have made the PT totally worth watching. Obi-Wan as the Han Solo-esque rogue with the heroic Anakin slowly losing his way, and Obi-Want eventually breaking down and realizing his utter failure would've been amazing. Too bad.
>>
Who would you cast instead?
>>
>>63367872
Jacoby Gillernhool
>>
I can't see an scenario where anakin's story is relevant or interesting, some things are just meant to be left in mistery. Darth Vader is an interest well developed carachter without a prequel telling his story.
>>
>>63364569
They need to be remade using the actual exposition given in the OT.

Anakin should be a young man in his early 20s. He meets Obi-Wan, a Jedi a few years older. The Jedi are space marines, not monks. They have some adventures. Anakin saves Obi's ass a few times in the clone wars (which are monsters, not stormtroopers). Obi has a falling out with Yoda and decides to train Anakin as a Jedi without permission.

Anakin catches Palpatine's eye as the republic falls into shambles. He makes Anakin his Goebbles. The Jedi are purged. Obi and Yoda go into exile. Anakin is damaged in the war, not in an epic duel with Obi.

Anakin at some point knocks up a member of Alderaan's royalty, and that's where Luke and Leia came from.
>>
>>63368062
>space marines

They're knights, but yeah. Definitely not monks. God damn, the PT made Jedi so lame.
>>
>>63368116
Nigga what the fuck you talking about, goddamn OT made them out to seem like monks and shit for the Uk not fucking knights I mean they like priests and shit with magic and swords not fucking knights who hit peoplein war or fucking whatever you fucking shithead. I mean come on, look at Obiwan and Vader, goddamn religion it was said the smelly guy on the death ship, fucking hell, it was fucking priests and shit.
>>
File: are you frustrated.gif (2 MB, 488x291) Image search: [Google]
are you frustrated.gif
2 MB, 488x291
>>63368207
>>
>>63368234
>are you frustrated
Nope, just drunk becasue my gf broke up with me and fuck it, why not.
>>
Why would you fix them? They're perfectly fine. Sorry you were brainwashed by nerds, manchildren and faggots on the Internet in the early 2000s, lel
>>
>>63368062
Another angle is perhaps not to make Palpatine evil from the start.

Honestly, I'd throw out all of the Sith lore from the prequels too. None of this master-apprentice stuff, none of the titles of Lord and Darth, none of it. "Darth Vader" was a name in the OT, not a title.
>>
>>63364766
>Stormtroopers are people, not clones.
Clonetroopers are clones, but Stormtroopers (except for Vader's 501st which is composed of old clonetroopers from the CW) are mosty human recruits.
>>
>>63368207
Jedi was a religion, but it was tied to a militaristic order of knights. Yoda may have been a sort of cleric, but Obi and Ani were knights, aka elite soldiers.
>>
>>63368062
>>63368116
I keep reading this threads and people keep coming with even more awful ideas than the prequels. Are this threads like a joke?

Space marines? Really? Monsters? Goddamn. The rest is basically the prequels word by word.

Clones are the only original thought in the whole franchise by the way.
>>
>>63368285
Insofar as this is canon, it is clearly a CYA for George's piss poor research into his own fucking story. I swear he didn't check the prequel scripts against the OT.
>>
>>63368370
Someone needs to go watch the OT again. I know the Obi-Wan exposition scenes may not be flashy enough for you, but the framework for the prequels are in there—a framework George evidently forgot.
>>
>>63368428
Why do people keep talking about the OT like it had some deep lore or some shit. Thing's are barely mentioned and then you filled in the gaps with whatever you wanted to fill. There's only a few things that don't fit (specially coming from Obi Wan's mouth).
>>
>ctrl-F "sheev"
>no results found
what board am i on?
>>
>>63367944

This isn't even remotely true, prequels can be amazing if done well.

See: Godfather part II
>>
>>63364569

Anakin is dead by the third movie. We see Darth Vader as he begins his reign of terror.

Anakin vs. Obiwan closes out the second film.
>>
>>63364569
https://youtu.be/VgICnbC2-_Y
https://youtu.be/JAbug3AhYmw
>>
>>63369232
>a giant jedi convention

This has to be the most boring idea ever
>>
>>63369266

What? Where does he even say that?

His ideas are so excellent.
>>
>No jar-jar (He's not the key to all this)
>No R2D2, C3PO, or Qui Gon
>Anakin needs to be older than a child
>Obi Wan trains under Yoda
>The empire already exists
>The "clones" of the clone wars are actually cloned jedi made by the empire (or something equally less stupid than what we got)
>Yoda doesn't jump around like a jackass and fights using only the force (maybe he floats lightsabers around or something)
>Anakin needs to lose his limbs piece by piece, each movie
>NO POLITICS

I'm sure there is more I can add, but I'm done for now.
>>
>>63369604

>The "clones" of the clone wars are actually cloned jedi made by the empire
>Anakin needs to lose his limbs piece by piece, each movie

You are stupid and dumb.
>>
Focus more on the lore and worldbuilding. Obiwan main character. Annie is a side character in the back ground. Doesn't do anything. Obiwan has a small self contained journey in the first movie.

Second movie cold open to obiwan in some shit. Anakin saves his bacon. They get to know each other. They become good friends.

No third movie.
>>
>>63368246

Sorry to hear that
>>
>>63369066

This if I am being honest la familia
>>
>>63369782
I agree with you wholeheartedly. This nigga is certifiably stupid AND dumb.
>>
>>63367388
george, pls go
>>
>>63368262
psychologists call this "projecting".
>>
yoda literally shouldn't be possible to hit with a lightsaber, it should just phase through him or he should be able to stop it with his will or some shit, god-tier defensive powers should be the jedi version of force lightning. he and sheev should never use lightsabers because they're above that shit.
>>
>>63370184

So fucking this.
>>
So first off,

> Jedi dont need to begin training at age negative 4.
> Jedi arent emotion denying monks, but instead noble honorable knights who fight for justice under the teaching of their force religion
> There are fewer Jedi, and they dont all live in a temple on city-planet.
> They are less organized, with more internal disagreements.

This >>63370184
>>
>replace the name naboo with alderan
>no gungans, no darth bix nood
>trade federation droids are occupying the planet militarily from the beginning
>Jedi knight obi wan kenobi, second only to yoda, comes to negotiate a settlement
>secret orders to rescue queen amadala
>goes to tatoine to repair ship
>meets a teenager anakin sandhater living alone in the desert
>orphan scavenger/genius engineer
>fixes their ship for money and also because he wants to bone the queen
>massive sexual tension
>obi wan gets orders from yoda to meet with the hutts to ask him to supply mercenaries to defeat trade federation
>while away sand people kidnap queen amadala and rape her often
>fucksand.jpg
>anakin and obi wan infiltrate vast sandpeople mountain cave
>save queen
>leave the planet
>go to Corresant
>defeat trade federation with hutt supplied mercenaries
>the rest is the same except no darth maul
>>
>>63368656
>PT thread
>Not using ctrl-F "palpatine"
>>
>>63370184
>never use lightsabers because they're above that shit.

they go to light sabers being that's the old school you vs me sort of show down. An honor fight using the tools the are the icon level item for both light and dark sides. If fact I see the most powerful of the force users wanting to prove the can beat you with the simple light saber more then anything else.

it's the purest of beat downs you can give in the force world.

as for "fixing" the prequels, just bring in more script doctors and have them punch up the dialog. Tone down Jar Jar's minstrel like act and maybe do away with the all CGI sets for almost every location.
>>
>>63364656

You know, rewatching the Prequels lately, I've been wondering if people got it all wrong about Hayden's Anakin and he's really just supposed to be a creeper and a jerk. If you look at it tharlt way, he did a great job.
>>
>>63364569
make sheev be in at least 50% of the scenes
>>
>>63371376
>make sheev be in at least 100% of the scenes
FTFY
>>
>>63364569
The prequels are perfect as they are, pissing off nerds who don't understand or like Star Wars, but rewarding those who do understand and like the films.
>>
>>63372543
We need like 2 sheevs per scene on average really
>>
>>63364569
doesn't the "machete" order or whatever attempt to do that?
i think its 45236, it just says fuck 1 because it adds nothing at all
>>
>>63371376
It's always been intentional. Lucas stated as much to Christensen.

SW fans don't get children's movies, so they miss this crucial fact.
>>
Im rewatching II & III why do people hate it again? it had more stories in it than IV & V?
is it really because of nostalgia?
>>
scrap it all and start over with a better story
>>
>>63372831
It's funny because Nostalgia is the only reason anyone likes the prequels.
>>
>>63372831

>more stories
>MORE IS BETTER

yeah with characters that are bland at best and perform like shit that you only care about because of what you already know about them from the OT.
>>
>>63364569
jar jar sith lord
>>
>>63364766
Yoda shouldn't even be fighting at all. He should be wise as fuck and do everything he can to avoid confrontation. Like the oracle from The Matrix.
>>
>>63370414
this not too bad, but I def think he should remain a slave in the beginning, it fuels some kind of tension between ani and 'dala, as she has political prowess and is oblivious to the fact that there's a huge slavebusiness
>>
File: prequel.jpg (106 KB, 671x550) Image search: [Google]
prequel.jpg
106 KB, 671x550
This rewrite I saw always amazed me. Now my headcanon.

http://friendsinyourhead.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1406
>>
>>63364569
You can't, they are stylistically designed to be that way. You probably could diminish the effects of it though.
>>
I dont like maul, too much unused potential
>Remove maul
>replace him with pre-cyborg Grevious
>Make him have apperences in AotC, like in a dream or talking with Dooku
>Epic RotS fight between Obi-wan and Grevious
>>
File: 1407467752226.jpg (83 KB, 366x440) Image search: [Google]
1407467752226.jpg
83 KB, 366x440
>>63374991
>>
the whole point of the Episode-X-system is so people watch them in chronological order. That obviously doesn't work now because the Anakin-to-Vader-twist is spoiled half-way through. My idea would be too leave the actual events of the prequels ambigious enough preserving the twist of Ben lying to Luke.
For example, in the original star wars Ben says that he and Luke's father were good friends and that they were betrayed by Ben's apprentice Darth Vader who now works for the empire. So accordingly in the prequels you introduce a new character as Obi-Wan's apprentice who secretly works for Sheev. Then when you watch the OT you think throughout that Darth Vader was this evil apprentice until the end of Episode V when you learn that Darth Vader was actually Anakin all along blowing everybody's minds.
Also keep it consistent with the expanded universe established in the early 90s, just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>63368062
>>63368116
Are you retarded? The jedi have always been monks. Lucas literally says so in the transcripts. In the originals they talk about using the force wisely with calmness and whatever. They definitely sound like monks.
>>
>>63370414
>obi wan gets orders from yoda to meet with the hutts to ask him to supply mercenaries to defeat trade federation
terrible
>>
>all this qui-gon hate
fuck off. he should've been better written and that's all.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.